toldailytopic: When TOL was down what did you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Decided to give myself a break for good conduct and allow limited posting between writing breaks on the weekdays...about five minutes before the curtain came down.

:plain:

SaulToPaul 2

I don't see any account for you at TruthSmack are you sure you actually registered? I was going to verify your account for you.

I entered SaulToPaul and a password, it said that an email would be sent to complete the registration.

It's possible that my work email put it in a spam folder.

Alate_One

I visited a few other forums/blogs I frequent, listened to some NPR while playing Neverwinter Nights online. Played with my chickens. Hoped Knight didn't have some serious issue, wondered if TOL would be down for days . . . :p

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I took some testing, wrote an essay, and underwent an oral interview to work for the local sherrif's office yesterday morning/afternoon. I finished reading Confessions by St. Augustine last night. Today I got my driver's license. :plain:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I went to the mental health wing of the local hospital. I seriously did.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you engage in occupational therapy? Make any new friends?
No therapy giving or getting for me, but I did make new friends. Kinda. I wonder if they will remember me? Cory was... well... you remember the "Hello" guy in the film "Crazy People" (with Dudley Moore)? Cory was a little like that except his repertoire included "Merry Christmas" and "I have to go to the bathroom" and "have a nice day" and a few others. The voice intonation was perfect and we would say hello to each other. Then there was Mary. She showed me her magazine and how it was her picture on the pages and she wrote the articles. She could tell you all about them. Very friendly. I didn't get to talk with babbling-stream-of-conscientiousness-guy because he wouldn't stop talking (except when he played the piano. Great oldies tunes).

BTW, they said Cory never slept. Really, 24 hours a day for days. How can a human stay alive like that? I mean, crazy, sure. And the bags under the eyes were definitely a sign. But I didn't think a human body could keep moving under conditions like that.

Then there were guys like Super-cut guy. He had cuts (kinda deep but obviously not deep enough) on both wrists, both sides of his throat, AND on his inner thighs. I wasn't even getting close to that guy.

Would anyone trade TOL for all that?

zoo22

I tirelessly attempted to rebuild the search index of TOL which consists of 1.5 million posts (and another 1 million deleted posts). I never did finish it.

I also deleted about 2000 old threads and 10's of thousands of old posts.

So like a day's worth of Serpentdove's threads?

:plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.