toldailytopic: What yet-to-be-invented device would make your life easier?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
mfan.jpg

Back a bunch of years ago when I'd play poker and you could still smoke in the poker rooms, there'd always be folks at the tables with these little electric fans, blowing the smoke away.

I have loads of fans (all sizes). I'm talking about a/c units. All fans do is circulate the hot air.

zoo22

I have loads of fans (all sizes). I'm talking about a/c units. All fans do is circulate the hot air.

Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Heck, I'd settle for a nice AC that doesn't suck up so much electricity.

I suppose back in the day, they delivered ice blocks. That industry seems to be gone. Also, milk delivery. :plain:

EMETH

A device to zap politicians brains so they will actually care more about the common good than about being reelected.

Arthur Brain

A device to zap politicians brains so they will actually care more about the common good than about being reelected.

Seconded....

:D

In addition I would suggest a similar device for here so certain posters stop posting asinine rubbish. The only drawback to that is....hey, get that ominous device away from me dude! Aarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

:plain:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, that'd be awesome.

Heck, I'd settle for a nice AC that doesn't suck up so much electricity.

I suppose back in the day, they delivered ice blocks. That industry seems to be gone. Also, milk delivery. :plain:

The link that AMR provided looks like it would work for my job. But, I wonder how long it would take me to get used to wearing it around my neck. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: The moronometer, for use in forums and traffic. Whenever the user came within 50 yards of someone incapable of coherent or thoughtful action it would begin to hoot and whistle loudly, giving the poster or driver possessing it time to brace themselves or move aside while the hurtling, flaming wreckage passed harmlessly by.

I suppose it would have to come with a dead man switch too. :plain:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The link that AMR provided looks like it would work for my job. But, I wonder how long it would take me to get used to wearing it around my neck. :chuckle:
I had your new nighttime job in mind with that link. The cheap version, and less Borg-like, is a dishtowel dipped often in ice water, wrung out, and wrapped around your neck and tucked inside the collar. When I work outside the cheap version is required equipment. ;)

AMR

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had your new nighttime job in mind with that link. The cheap version, and less Borg-like, is a dishtowel dipped often in ice water, wrung out, and wrapped around your neck and tucked inside the collar. When I work outside the cheap version is required equipment. ;)

AMR

I found out, Monday night, that I overheat too fast for a towel or bandana (as the temp agency suggested) to work. That's one reason I'm considering that thing. They don't want me to go back to work until I figure out a way for the heat not to affect me or until it cools off drastically.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A packing-cushion making machine for around $300 with consumable media that made packing material for less than a $1 per cubic foot.

A coffee percolator that I could set the time on from the point boiling started.

A battery that had 10x the volumetric energy density, 10x the charge cycles, 2x the current efficiency, at 1/2 the weight and 1/2 the cost of today's best offerings.

That's all I can think of right now.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Something that keeps track of all my things and can tell me where they are. I lose lots of stuff. Sometimes I find it days later. I recently found a pair of bicycle gloves I lost about a week ago. Figures I find them after I buy a new pair.

So, yeah, I really need something to find things for me. And a do-it-yourself at home liposuction machine.

Esquilax

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 27th, 2011 10:46 AM

toldailytopic: What yet-to-be-invented device would make your life easier?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
## A time dilator, for altering the pace at which time passes.