toldailytopic: What yet-to-be-invented device would make your life easier?

zoo22

:mock: iPhone 1

:)

:chuckle:

It's really remarkable how much the iPhone's advanced since it came out. I remember getting the iPhone 1 and just couldn't believe what an incredibly advanced piece of technology it was... Now it feels clunky and slow compared to the newer versions. Amazing how we get used to these things.

The one great thing about having been using the iPhone 1 is that when the new one comes out it's going to be like a completely new device, rather than just a small upgrade, which it would have been from the iPhone I lost. I can't wait. :) I figure about another month or so...

Krsto

Oh I want o flyyy like a bird in the sky, no more catchig the bus or train, no more walking.

C'mon Yanks stop sending rockets to the moon and invent wings for personal use. I could keep a beady eye on TomO and Chrys

That's the best thing you could do with such an invention?

zoo22

When you get the 5 you can come back and mock me because I only have the 4. :)

:chuckle:

I don't think it'll really be a remarkable upgrade from the iPhone 4... A bit faster, maybe a little bit bigger screen, a bit thinner... But I'm really hoping it'll have a higher resolution camera. The iPhone 4 camera is already pretty good, but I think the new one will be markedly better. That's my hope.

The iPhone 4 will be able to use the software update, which seems like it'll be pretty cool. Welcome to cloud world.

zoo22

:mmph:

I don't trust the cloud. :noid:

I'll be hesitant to trust it with a lot of things initially, but I think it's going to make the entire experience of synching devices, backing up, and updating software very different. I think it's going to substantially change the way we use computers and mobile devices, and open up a lot of new possibilities. I'm sure it'll come with new problems and frustrations, but I think it's also going to make a lot of things much easier and much more integrated.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another useful invention would be the iPhone Grasshopper. You've seen those commercials where a kid drops the cell phone in the toilet or similar basin of water. The iPhone Grasshopper would be a water resistant iPhone that would sprout legs and hop to safety when dropped in water. :chuckle:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A dust attractant that automatically removes all dust from one's home. I really hate dusting and vacuuming.

AMR

Buzzword

Finger/toe nail clippers with a catch-bag.
Been cleaning lately and I keep finding little piles of nail shards.

Antigravity hand-trucks.
We're moving next week, and solid wood furniture, while looking great and lasting a long time, is waaay too heavy.

A device to make my money as valuable as it was in 1910.

zoo22

Antigravity hand-trucks.
We're moving next week, and solid wood furniture, while looking great and lasting a long time, is waaay too heavy.

Yeah, that'd be a good one. I've been doing some moving (three stories of steep stairs and a whole lot of books) and it's rough... Then again, I'd figure hiring movers would probably wind up about the same price as anti-gravity hand trucks? No, probably less. But still. ...Maybe super-cheap anti-gravity hand trucks?

:plain:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
A device to make my money as valuable as it was in 1910.

:BRAVO:, but the Gold Standard was invented looong before you or I was born. Also, how did your money have value in 1910? I thought you were just about to graduate college? :crackup:

Buzzword

:BRAVO:, but the Gold Standard was invented looong before you or I was born. Also, how did your money have value in 1910? I thought you were just about to graduate college? :crackup:

Hey, back then you could do a lot on 50 cents per week.

Imagine going back in time with even 10 dollars.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Instant ton-load of purchasing power.

zoo22

Pocket-sized personal air conditioner.

mfan.jpg

Back a bunch of years ago when I'd play poker and you could still smoke in the poker rooms, there'd always be folks at the tables with these little electric fans, blowing the smoke away.