toldailytopic: What do you think of Rick Perry?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 16th, 2011 01:33 PM

toldailytopic: What do you think of Rick Perry?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Granite

Hall of Fame
A boorish dominionist tool who hangs out with neo-Confederates. Just what the country needs.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He does have ties with some Christian groups that I'm wary of.

His work on the education system in Texas doesn't make me want to vote for him.

I am trying to figure out just how successful he's been regarding jobs and the economy. Some say he's been great. Others say his success isn't his to claim. And some say his success isn't really success at all.

drbrumley

Was Rick Perry Called?
Posted by Laurence Vance on July 21, 2011 05:08 PM

Rick Perry says he has been called to run for president. Was he also called to force young girls to receive an HPV vaccination? How quickly people forget, especially Republicans.

:rotfl:

olsparky

Was Rick Perry Called?
Posted by Laurence Vance on July 21, 2011 05:08 PM

Rick Perry says he has been called to run for president. Was he also called to force young girls to receive an HPV vaccination? How quickly people forget, especially Republicans.

:rotfl:

That's accurate. Perry did allow an opt-out in his EO on the issue, one that made it easier for parents to opt-out of all vaccines.

http://wingright.org/2011/08/07/dose-of-reason-perry-and-gardasil/

The Governor’s Executive Order (RP 65) that caused all the controversy also ordered the director of DSHS to make it easier for parents to opt out of vaccines. The Legislature had changed the law from “opt in” to a requirement to “opt out” once for all the school years. Next, they changed to a two year limit on the opt out, and then in 2005, the Legislature restricted the period to one year and required a new State form bearing a “seal.” Parents had to go to Austin or start early in the summer. There were bureaucrats who maintained that the only way to get the form with the seal was to go to Austin, find the right office and make the request in person. Perry used his EO to tell the Director of DSHS to make the request (and the seal) available on-line, making it easier to “opt out.”

In fact, the reason for the Executive Order was to speed up private insurance coverage and to make it easier for parents to exercise their right to opt out.

Alate_One

He's another Texas idiot. We don't need another one of those in the Whitehouse.

He accused Ben Bernanke of Treason. Even Karl Rove attacked him.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He's another Texas idiot. We don't need another one of those in the Whitehouse.

He accused Ben Bernanke of Treason. Even Karl Rove attacked him.

Rove attacked him because he's a Bush guy and Bush and Perry don't get along.

:mock: The Ben Bernanke

olsparky

Alan Keyes disapproves of Perry.

I open arguments for Michele Bachman being a superior candidate on social issues.

But, I can't see the HPV issue being reason not to vote for Perry over Obama given that that Perry has a sold pro-life record and signed legislation defunding Planned Parenthood.

Alate_One

Bernanke is an idiot that has set the nation up for massive or hyperinflation.
Not unless the economy suddenly starts moving quickly. Not likely to happen anytime soon. And frankly calling someone treasonous is ridiculous and a bad idea when dealing with economic issues in any case.

Like Perry has made Texas a better place? They're tied with Mississippi with the highest percentage of the state's workforce living on minimum wage.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not unless the economy suddenly starts moving quickly. Not likely to happen anytime soon. And frankly calling someone treasonous is ridiculous and a bad idea when dealing with economic issues in any case.

Like Perry has made Texas a better place? They're tied with Mississippi with the highest percentage of the state's workforce living on minimum wage.
So it's more of a "miracle" no one noticed until now? Well, that's one argument for repealing the minimum wage, I suppose. :plain:

Alate_One

So it's more of a "miracle" no one noticed until now? Well, that's one argument for repealing the minimum wage, I suppose. :plain:

Well you know, a dollar a day is still employment! I mean people can survive on sticks of gum right?

He also thinks Social Security is a ponzi scheme, the 16th amendment should be repealed and the clean air act is unconstitutional. As a liberal commenter said "Meet Rick Perry: the guy who’ll make you miss George Bush."

kmoney

Hall of Fame

This article talks some about the minimum wage issue.

link