toldailytopic: What do you think about the government wanting to regulate the interne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Try BING. You can restrict searches so they only turn up G rated material.

:e4e:
Folks can do the same with Google using the search preferences link on the main page. I am sure how well this works compared to Bing, however.

AMR

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What kind of things do you search for? I never have that problem when I search for avatars. :think:
You've seen my avatars.

Try BING. You can restrict searches so they only turn up G rated material.

:e4e:
Only based on the tags on the site and images. If someone tags an explicit image with only innocent phrases and/or names you will come across them. And they do it a lot.

Search engines like Google have filter settings. They aren't perfect, but that's a technical limitation. If they could do better, they would.
That's my point. I would like for someone to figure something out so they could do better. I think facial recognition technology could be used.

Censorship is never good. If one doesn't wish to see, read or hear something, don't go there. Years of expecting government to take over our personal responsibilities has created the mess we are in.
You don't have to go to those sites, or even be looking for that stuff, to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.