toldailytopic: What do you believe is proper attire for church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't care what you look like, what you wear, or how clean you are; just come.

Krsto

I don't care what you look like, what you wear, or how clean you are; just come.

Okeedokee - I've got a shirt on but no pants because I had to sow the pockets but I guess that doesn't matter so I'll be right over. How do I get there, btw?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okeedokee - I've got a shirt on but no pants because I had to sow the pockets but I guess that doesn't matter so I'll be right over. How do I get there, btw?
You just come right on over.
We can fellowship, break bread, and share scripture whether you have pants on at the time or not.
You not having pants on is not going to stop me from sharing with you, because your pants are not going to be the issue of importance.

You can even bring your pants with you, and I will sew them up for you.

Krsto

You just come right on over.
We can fellowship, break bread, and share scripture whether you have pants on at the time or not.
You not having pants on is not going to stop me from sharing with you, because your pants are not going to be the issue of importance.

You can even bring your pants with you, and I will sew them up for you.

Hot diggity! And you'll be singing Come As You Are and really mean it!

One Eyed Jack

As long as it's relatively clean and not risque, I don't care what people wear to church. Then again, I don't even go, so my opinion might not count for much.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
depends how it affects them and why. this is where communication among believers comes into order.

Only believer can go to church or only believers do go to church? I am writing this after you said that this calls for communication between believers. Is the communication there to maximize evangelism, discipleship, fellowship, improving life, increasing the ability to share the gospel, life lessons, important truths, with not just believers, but also to the people are not believers, too?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only believer can go to church or only believers do go to church? I am writing this after you said that this calls for communication between believers. Is the communication there to maximize evangelism, discipleship, fellowship, improving life, increasing the ability to share the gospel, life lessons, important truths, with not just believers, but also to the people are not believers, too?
:confused:

Gibberish. Joey, to improve you communication skills, you need to stop repeating phrases. I have highlighted the repeats. This is :spam: Knight has been very nice and let you stay on this board. Most boards would have permabanned for this kind of spam.

The rest of your post is very hard to figure out, but I am gonna try.

Clothing has very little to do with communication. It shouldn't. Christians should not concern themselves with how someone is dressed when they walk into a church unless the person is half naked or dressed in a way that is very distracting.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If you wouldn't wear it in front of a bunch of old ladies, don't wear it to church. FYI: the aforementioned old ladies most likely will be at church.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
:confused:

Gibberish. Joey, to improve you communication skills, you need to stop repeating phrases. I have highlighted the repeats. This is :spam: Knight has been very nice and let you stay on this board. Most boards would have permabanned for this kind of spam.

The rest of your post is very hard to figure out, but I am gonna try.

Clothing has very little to do with communication. It shouldn't. Christians should not concern themselves with how someone is dressed when they walk into a church unless the person is half naked or dressed in a way that is very distracting.

There's no difference between theory & actuality?

Selaphiel

I'm a bit old school, I prefer that people make an effort and put on something nice. Especially if it's a special occasion, then I go with the suit and tie.
Don't misread me though, I'm not saying everyone should wear fine clothing, what I am saying is that people should make an effort with what they have. Everyone is welcome at church.

Charity

Some paints that can be sown to your collar easly...smile

something in likeness! just kidding!

dressing is often a choice of attitude. purest statement; not to be mixed up with poverty which is different!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the best part of Easter is that many are all dressed up
and
you have never seen them before

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there a difference between can and does?

Sort of. While they both have similarities (such as both being filled with stuff), they also have minor differences.

For example...

One is an inanimate cylindrical object, usually with a label. The other is a living, breathing group of female deer, usually without a label.

:duh:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
C&E Christians! Gotta love 'em. :jolly:

To keep on topic, I was raised in the olden times. Proper church attire was suit & tie for the men.

I grew up in the Church of Christ. I can remember some Sunday evenings where I would have to wear a 3-piece suit (vest and all). Clip on tie, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.