toldailytopic: What could Obama say in his State of the Union speech tonight that wou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nydhogg

We should nuke because that's more affordable than having troops in 60+ countries?

When I say "nuke", make it "drop two MOABs and a bunker-buster over every known military and government facility of theirs".
The kaboom level is set by the mood of the guy in charge, actually.

While left alone, we leave alone. When attacked, we respond with overwhelming force, a completely disproportionate reprisal.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 25th, 2011 11:12 AM

toldailytopic: What could Obama say in his State of the Union speech tonight that would make you feel that this country is on the right track?

:mrt: "LETS END THE FED"

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:think: I think he should just rag certain members of the High Court for turning their lifetime appointment into a thinly disguised political hackery. :D I mean go on and on about it. Maybe talk Franken into writing the copy. See how long it takes them to storm out.

"Hey, there's nothing like the appearance of judicial impartiality. And that sums a few of you up, don't you think?"
(uncomfortable rustling of robes)

"But seriously, I'm just happy to see the High Court decided to make it tonight...High Court, that would explain the premise for a few of your decisions lately, wouldn't it."
(a few boos)

"Money is speech, is it? Well, then that must make Congress an outlet mall."
(uncomprehending applause, cheers from the gallery)

Then he could launch into a Tea Party bit, like my old signature line...

"Well, I see there are a few Tea Party members here."
(smattering of self congratulatory applause)

"I hear you people have arrived to take the country back-"
(louder applause/a few shout outs)

"To about 1950."
(Boos and random 'you lie!' shout outs)

"But seriously, you're quite a movement. A little backed up, but quite a movement."
(angry stirring)

"I thought about reflecting tonight on my disappointment in the past couple of years, about all the bickering, the unproductive positioning and empty rhetoric, the deep, unyielding division, the unwillingness or inability of men and women of good conscience to set aside their pettier differences and work together for the nation's good. Then I thought, why pile onto my own party at this point."
(terribly conflicted applause)

Now THAT I'd tune into...maybe dvr. :plain:

:think: Forgeting authoring books. You should be Obama's speech writer. :chuckle:

Omega39

I think he will address our economic priorities first pertaining to public education, innovating new ways to tackle this recession, and "improvements" to our government's infrastructure. Perhaps he may even introduce a potential stimulus plan for the future.

Alate_One

toldailytopic: What could Obama say in his State of the Union speech tonight that would make you feel that this country is on the right track?

He could say . . .

I have decided to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as of this summer.

I have decided to propose defense spending cuts including removal of some international military bases to refocus our forces on actual threats.

I have decided to propose eliminating subsidies to fossil fuel based energy firms as well as to large agricultural corporations.

I have decided to encourage the FCC to propose true net neutrality and to put stricter limits on large corporate mergers. I will direct Federal agencies to look for competition limiting practices.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
He could assure us by saying that we are :Nineveh: "investing" not "borrowing from China to spend".

Ladies, try that on your husband: "Honey, I invested in a new pair of shoes." :peach:

Last edited:

King cobra

DOCTA
LIFETIME MEMBER

Keep it simple:

attachment.php

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
"I am hereby abolishing my office, congress and the Supreme Court. From now on, you shall be ruled by philosophers."

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
When I say "nuke", make it "drop two MOABs and a bunker-buster over every known military and government facility of theirs".
The kaboom level is set by the mood of the guy in charge, actually.

While left alone, we leave alone. When attacked, we respond with overwhelming force, a completely disproportionate reprisal.

Oh....if only. :plain:

WizardofOz

yeh, let's decrease the military so our friends the Jihadists can

do another 911

and take over our country...

hey, if you like those Muslims so much, why don't you go live in one of their countries?

Even the Tea Party Leaders Say They Could Support Defense Spending Cuts.

Will conservatives ever return to fiscal responsibility?

"I am hereby abolishing my office, congress and the Supreme Court. From now on, you shall be ruled by philosophers."

Any recommendations?

I'm with kmo on end the fed and I'd also like to add balance the budget.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"I didn't sign on for all of this. I quit."

Status
Not open for further replies.