toldailytopic: What could Obama say in his State of the Union speech tonight that wou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 25th, 2011 11:12 AM

toldailytopic: What could Obama say in his State of the Union speech tonight that would make you feel that this country is on the right track?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nydhogg

Announcing either a repeal of the Controlled Substances Act, a massive tax cut for those making under 100 grand a year, a massive decrease in military or law enforcement spending, or announcing "no more pork barrel" as the new Democrat strategy. Or an abolition of Bush-era mass surveillance projects and a return to much more stringent privacy rights.

If he does any of this, I'll support that man.

None of those is going to happen, though.

some other dude

Thanks for letting us try this social experiment, but it's become obvious - to me, to everyone - that I'm really in over my head in this job and don't have a clue about what I'm doing. I've decided that it is in the best interests of this country that I step down and let this job be performed by somebody who is actually competent.

But first I'm going to fire Joe.

Announcing either a repeal of the Controlled Substances Act, a massive tax cut for those making under 100 grand a year, a massive decrease in military or law enforcement spending, or .

yeh, let's decrease the military so our friends the Jihadists can

do another 911

and take over our country...

hey, if you like those Muslims so much, why don't you go live in one of their countries?

Nydhogg

yeh, let's decrease the military so our friends the Jihadists can

do another 911

and take over our country...

hey, if you like those Muslims so much, why don't you go live in one of their countries?

Nah. Let's stop massively handing truckloads of pork to our buddies in camo clothes and funny hats so they can keep a military presence in 60+ countries.

Actually, we don't need to be in 60+ countries at all on the first place! We could bring the guys back from most of these places, sell the facilities to those countries, and keep a small, strong, strictly defensive military.

We don't actually need to invade other countries. If they invade us, we'll nuke'em. If they don't invade us, we won't. It's that simple.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Nah. Let's stop massively handing truckloads of pork to our buddies in camo clothes and funny hats so they can keep a military presence in 60+ countries.

Actually, we don't need to be in 60+ countries at all on the first place! We could bring the guys back from most of these places, sell the facilities to those countries, and keep a small, strong, strictly defensive military.

We don't actually need to invade other countries. If they invade us, we'll nuke'em. If they don't invade us, we won't. It's that simple.

Yessir.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: I think he should just rag certain members of the High Court for turning their lifetime appointment into a thinly disguised political hackery. :D I mean go on and on about it. Maybe talk Franken into writing the copy. See how long it takes them to storm out.

"Hey, there's nothing like the appearance of judicial impartiality. And that sums a few of you up, don't you think?"
(uncomfortable rustling of robes)

"But seriously, I'm just happy to see the High Court decided to make it tonight...High Court, that would explain the premise for a few of your decisions lately, wouldn't it."
(a few boos)

"Money is speech, is it? Well, then that must make Congress an outlet mall."
(uncomprehending applause, cheers from the gallery)

Then he could launch into a Tea Party bit, like my old signature line...

"Well, I see there are a few Tea Party members here."
(smattering of self congratulatory applause)

"I hear you people have arrived to take the country back-"
(louder applause/a few shout outs)

"To about 1950."
(Boos and random 'you lie!' shout outs)

"But seriously, you're quite a movement. A little backed up, but quite a movement."
(angry stirring)

"I thought about reflecting tonight on my disappointment in the past couple of years, about all the bickering, the unproductive positioning and empty rhetoric, the deep, unyielding division, the unwillingness or inability of men and women of good conscience to set aside their pettier differences and work together for the nation's good. Then I thought, why pile onto my own party at this point."
(terribly conflicted applause)

Now THAT I'd tune into...maybe dvr. :plain:

Last edited:

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned

We should nuke because that's more affordable than having troops in 60+ countries?

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
:think: I think he should just rag certain members of the High Court for turning their lifetime appointment into a thinly disguised political hackery. :D I mean go on and on about it. Maybe talk Franken into writing the copy. See how long it takes them to storm out.

"Hey, there's nothing like the appearance of judicial impartiality. And that sums a few of you up, don't you think?"
(uncomfortable rustling of robes)

"But seriously, I'm just happy to see the High Court decided to make it tonight...High Court, that would explain the premise for a few of your decisions lately, wouldn't it."
(a few boos)

"Money is speech, is it? Well, then that must make Congress an outlet mall."
(uncomprehending applause, cheers from the gallery)

Then he could launch into a Tea Party bit, like my old signature line...

"Well, I see there are a few Tea Party members here."
(smattering of self congratulatory applause)

"I hear you people have arrived to take the country back-"
(louder applause/a few shout outs)

"To about 1950."
(Boos and random 'you lie!' shout outs)

"But seriously, you're quite a movement. A little backed up, but quite a movement."

Now THAT I'd tune into...maybe dvr. :plain:

I like that part.

"Tea party people, you're trying to take our country back." Yeah. Yeah.

"Yeah, sure, back to the 1950's." Sarcasm. Joined in with the boos.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I like that part.

"Tea party people, you're trying to take our country back." Yeah. Yeah.

"Yeah, sure, back to the 1950's." Sarcasm. Joined in with the boos.

Then keep going back. I just edited/added another one for the other side. :poly: No telling how long it will be by the time I'm finished...

i doubr its that simple..

Clinton used the military for dumb reasons, but that doesn't mean that's what the military is for...

We just need Reagan ... someone like him.

Sarah Palin... :cloud9:

Ann Coulter would make a great vice pres...

Status
Not open for further replies.