toldailytopic: What are 5 things you could fit in a backpack that you would want if y

Layla

One of those multi tool knife things with a flint.
Pot to boil water and/or cook.
Some sort of music device, like an ipod.
Solar charger.
A reeeeeeally long book.

Doormat

Big roll of twenty dollar bills.

A good credit card.
Um... why?

:idunno: ... but I think you have to ask him like this, Layla:

Why do you ((NEED)) cash (or CREDIT)? -- ((( To BUY ))) Stuff ((( Pure and Simple)))!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – How could cash (or CREDIT) help you on an (((DESERTED))) Island, unless there was (((( STUFF to BUY ))))?? Prove it wrong OOHH wise one!!! --- Or Stay On That Island!!!

Daedalean's_Sun

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 5th, 2012 10:26 AM

toldailytopic: What are 5 things you could fit in a backpack that you would want if you were stranded on a deserted island.?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

1. My Gerber.
2. A box of waterproof matches
3. Distress Flares
4. Food
5. Water filtration

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Desalinator "survivor 35" (4.5 liters per hour hand pumped)
Swedish fire knife
10ftX15ft reinforced threaded water proof tarp
machete
fishing kit (40lb test line 500ft & hooks)

Total pack weight 15lbs

fool

Hall of Fame
1. a satellite phone complete with solar battery charger
2. a 3 liter bottle of red wine
3. a GPS device
4. an inflatable mattress
5. a good adventure novel to read while drinking the wine and lounging on the mattress waiting for the rescue ship or plane to arrive.

:think:
Why red wine?

fool

Hall of Fame
A solar powered weather proof laptop with a satilite uplink.
A credit card attached to a bank account with One Hundred Miiiiiilion Dollars in it.
A Light Saber.
An Aircraft Landing Becon.
A Ruben Sandwich.

Letsargue

:idunno: ... but I think you have to ask him like this, Layla:

Why do you ((NEED)) cash (or CREDIT)? -- ((( To BUY ))) Stuff ((( Pure and Simple)))!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – How could cash (or CREDIT) help you on an (((DESERTED))) Island, unless there was (((( STUFF to BUY ))))?? Prove it wrong OOHH wise one!!! --- Or Stay On That Island!!!

(( Hey ))!! - I done got back home!! - A couple came close to the Island, and I flagged them down, and it took all the cash and some on the card for them to bring me close to Home. --- I now own the boat and all it's contents!! - I think I'll go back now with all I need to own the Island. - You all can stay on your Island with all your useless junk!!

Paul -- 090512

fool

Hall of Fame
Are we naked for this?
Cause I usually have a knife, flashlight, and lighter in my pocket and a smart phone on my belt,
I'm gonna assume the phone dosn't work because if you're "stranded" and your phone works then you're not really "stranded".
I'm gonna assume I'm appropriatly dressed for the climate but missing the contents of my pockets except for my Identification so I don't get deported if for some reason I'm "rescued" by cops from Arizona.

With that scenario and not including things that I'm not likely to be in possesion of like sattilite phones I'd go with;

A Leatherman Multi tool.
A Magnisim Fire Stick.
One of them old school Metal Canteens.
A tarp, 10 by 15 sounds about right.
Then fill the rest of the backpack with one piece of parachute cord as long a nessesary to fill the remaining space, should get like a thousand feet if the tarp hasen't been taken out of the package yet.