toldailytopic: Today is World AIDS Day. How will you observe the occasion?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 1st, 2011 09:47 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today is World AIDS Day. How will you observe the occasion?

I won't observe it. :yawn: It's another dumb useless day on the calendar. I'll just carry out my business as usual going to Orchestra on Thursdays. Why should it be any different that any other Thursday? :idunno:

Is AIDS a gay disease?

It is predominately a gay disease. Perversion is what brought the disease into the human population. It is the number one reason why I don't observe World AIDS Day.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Today is Eat A Red Apple day!

I don't have time for any of those other minor observances.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clearly the stigma against being a homo requires the law and fear of punishment to back it up, else people just remain in the closet. :idunno:

Ted L Glines

Is AIDS a gay disease?

Hmmm, good question. Just happened to spot several HIV/AIDS viruses cruising down Main Street. They passed right by a gay bar and went into a Burger King (watch your cheeseburgers today).

The slogan: "HIV is a gay disease" is certainly not scientifically correct for the simple reason that HIV is a virus, not a disease. HIV, however, is the accepted cause of AIDS.

When the AIDS epidemic began officially in June 1981, it was widely considered exclusively a "gay disease." Now everyone should know that AIDS is a worldwide epidemic; and most AIDS cases are heterosexual, not homosexual.

The truth is that 16,000 people worldwide are infected with HIV every single day (World Health Organization). They are not all gay. In the United States, HIV infection rates have held steady at 40,000 per year, but recent preliminary data suggests those rates are on the rise. They are not all gay. African-American and Hispanic women together represent less than one-fourth of all U.S. women, but account for more than three-fourths (76%) of AIDS cases among women in this country (CDC Update, 6/98). Women now account for 43% of all HIV infected people over the age of 15 (New York Times, 11/98). In just over a decade, the proportion of all AIDS cases reported among adult and adolescent women tripled, from 7% in 1985 to 22% in 1997 (CDC Update, 6/98).

So, even if the gay population wants to brag that HIV/AIDS is their very own disease ... the facts state otherwise. Yet another Urban Legend bites the dust :)

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
How will I observe it?

I'll tell homosexuals to repent and accept Jesus as their Savior, letting them know that it will save them from eternal damnation, as well as it will likely save them from a horrible death here on earth.

The CDC says that AIDS is predominately contracted by homosexuals. In fact, homosexuals themselves have admitted it.

"The head of a major homosexual group admitted for the first time that HIV/AIDS is “a gay disease,”...
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Journal/stories.aspx?id=73945

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The only observation we'll make is to send our grandson a note of encouragement, it stemmed from very bad skate boarding accident that he had, the other skate boarder in the accident was HIV positive, and our grandson is HIV positive, and he has good days and bad days, he takes his drugs and he manages to work and take of wife and daughter.

ghost

Hall of Fame

The only observation we'll make is to send our grandson a note of encouragement, it stemmed from very bad skate boarding accident that he had, the other skate boarder in the accident was HIV positive, and our grandson is HIV positive, and he has good days and bad days, he takes his drugs and he manages to work and take of wife and daughter.
Your saying your grandson got AIDS from skateboarding?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Won't do anything I don't ordinarily do on most days.

But I'm sorta glad that there is an AIDS Day as a reminder, lest folks become a little slack and forget the danger is still alive and well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is AIDS a gay disease?

Sort of. It is a behaviorally spread disease. Sodomy is the most common for of behavior that spreads it. I will observe it by remembering Psalm 58:10.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Funny thing is, every other day of the year I can mock homos to my hearts content in my rugby circle. But mock them on this day and suddenly the knives are out. :chuckle:

:think:

Dang. They know where I live! :noid: