toldailytopic: Theistic evolution: best arguments for, or against.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
If they have a statement from a YE blogger, they do. Remember, it's what YECs believe.

So if i quote a blog from someone who is a stark crazy loon that happens to believe in old earth evolution theory, then i can claim you all believe that???????

Notice, I pointed out that not every YEC creastionist believes the whole thing. Some don't accept "life ex nihilo." If you were honest, you'd do the same thing in your hypothetical. If. I merely accepted the evidence showing that life ex nihilo is a YE doctrine, and added (based on new evidence) that not all of them believe it.

And you have a scientific mind with logic like that??????

Inferences from evidence is what it's about. Probably seems pretty crazy to you guys, um?

But it's why you have a computer to play on. That should be a wake-up for you.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure we could find some evolutionary blog by an atheist who denies the existence of God. Then we could ridicule The Barbarian for not fully embracing the evolutionary mindset.

Science avoids that sort of thing by having theories. So you can check out what Darwin said, and review the modern synthesis, and so on. Consequently, there is a checkable way to see what's in the theory and what isn't. Religion, unless there's a defined orthodoxy, can't do that.

But then again, I think I'd feel pretty sleazy adopting that sort of tactic.

But misrepresenting what I said, doesn't seem to bother you at all. You seem to be a sleaze relativist.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:
If they have a statement from a YE blogger, they do. Remember, it's what YECs believe.
You keep contradicting yourself, you first tell me that is what i believe and say as if that blog is an authority, that its the YEC doctrine, and gave me the link to that, when i asked what doctrine as if you could teach me what i believe.

Notice, I pointed out that not every YEC creastionist believes the whole thing. Some don't accept "life ex nihilo." If you were honest, you'd do the same thing in your hypothetical. If. I merely accepted the evidence showing that life ex nihilo is a YE doctrine, and added (based on new evidence) that not all of them believe it.

While that might be what you are doing now, that is not what you did before your blog posting was shown to trip up your point.

Inferences from evidence is what it's about.
I agree and it can be easily inferred that soft tissue didn't come from anything that died over 65 million years ago.

Probably seems pretty crazy to you guys, um?
Whats crazy to me is that you don't seem to be able to get that, and would rather believe that soft tissue did come from something older than 65 million years ago even though there isn't a shred of evidence on the planet that thats possible in fact whats known says the opposite.

You're here too aren't you or are you typing here with your mind?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

You keep contradicting yourself, you first tell me that is what i believe and say as if that blog is an authority, that its the YEC doctrine, and gave me the link to that, when i asked what doctrine as if you could teach me what i believe.

I noted that some YECs, for whatever reason, reject "life ex nihilo." If you're one of those, I've already mentioned your dissent.

Barbarian observes:

While that might be what you are doing now, that is not what you did before your blog posting was shown to trip up your point.

Up till now, YECs here haven't said they didn't accept it.

And you have a scientific mind with logic like that??????

Inferences from evidence is what it's about. Probably seems pretty crazy to you guys, um?

I agree and it can be easily inferred that soft tissue didn't come from anything that died over 65 million years ago.

That's an assumption. Inferences require some evidence.

Whats crazy to me is that you don't seem to be able to get that, and would rather believe that soft tissue did come from something older than 65 million years ago even though there isn't a shred of evidence on the planet that thats possible in fact whats known says the opposite.

Show us that evidence that organic material (or if you like, show us convincing evidence that it's "tissue." There is a proper definition of tissue; be sure to use it.

Barbarian observes:

You're here too aren't you or are you typing here with your mind?

But I'm not denying that science works. Find us that evidence, and you've got an argument. Otherwise, it's just "it's true because I say so."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:

I noted that some YECs, for whatever reason, reject "life ex nihilo." If you're one of those, I've already mentioned your dissent.

Barbarian observes:

That's an assumption. Inferences require some evidence.

Show us that evidence that organic material (or if you like, show us convincing evidence that it's "tissue." There is a proper definition of tissue; be sure to use it.

Barbarian observes:

But I'm not denying that science works. Find us that evidence, and you've got an argument. Otherwise, it's just "it's true because I say so."

Hello out there, none of this adresses anything ive said to you over the last few posts between us, you are avoiding everything ive said.

blamp1.gif

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Liar.

the "life ex nihilo" belief of YE creationism is directly contradicted by God's word in Genesis. The Earth brought forth life.

On day 6, God created man out of the dust of the Earth.

Perhaps you'd like to find someone who disagrees with you if you are so desperate to have an argument. :thumb:

Remember, it's what YECs believe.
Liar.

I merely accepted the evidence
Liar.
showing that life ex nihilo is a YE doctrine, and added (based on new evidence) that not all of them believe it.
Liar.

All more reason to accept that Barbie is the most dishonest user on TOL. Click the formula. :up:
It's easy to tell when Barbie knows he has lost. He starts "umming". It's his way of waving the white flag. :chuckle:

noguru

Liar.

Liar.

Liar.Liar.

All more reason to accept that Barbie is the most dishonest user on TOL. Click the formula. :up:

I'd say you guys are neck and neck. :D You are just from different sides of the political spectrum. Every time you have called me a faggot you are lying, but it really doesn't matter to me. Because I know that is really just evidence that you fantasize about having sex with other men.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'd say you guys are neck and neck. :D You are just from different sides of the political spectrum. Every time you have called me a faggot you are lying, but it really doesn't matter to me. Because I know that is really just evidence that you fantasize about having sex with other men.

129157560796314951.gif

You shock kitty with that :(

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Hello out there, none of this adresses anything ive said to you over the last few posts between us, you are avoiding everything ive said.

You made one assertion. I asked to see your evidence. You declined to support it.

Unless you can show us some, you're pretty much at a dead end.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You made one assertion. I asked to see your evidence. You declined to support it.

Unless you can show us some, you're pretty much at a dead end.

Hello again, you didnt ask me for evidence of anything, you TOLD me that i believed a "YEC DOCTRINE" and when I* ASKED YOU where i could see it, you gave me a link to a BLOG - and insisted its what i* BELIEVE.

I said i believe no such thing and you kept pushing that while others tolD you they believe no such nonsense either and that even your "so called " evidence (which is a blog for petes sake) showed what you posted it FOR was a mistake and that you missed they dont believe what you pushed EITHER, because you didnt read it right.

Then i asked you if i could point to any random blog by any nut case evolutionist said about anything and use it to claim you and all other evolutionists believe their nutty thoughts because they believe in that - and then you

AVOIDED, AVOIDED AND AVOIDED.

Then you lied, then you equivocated, and side stepped and then you acted like you never said what you did and now you ask me for something you never asked me for WHILE YOU TRY TO INSIST, THAT I STILL BELIEVE SOMETHING I NEVER SAID I BELIEVED TO BEGIN WITH.

are you ALL THERE?

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian is well known as the most dishonest poster on TOL. Perhaps he will one day learn to show some humility and admit his errors.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Remember that he's brought up this dishonest line of inquiry many times. He does it to avoid answering rational challenges to what he believes. We've spent countless posts responding to his dishonesty which means he can sweep under the rug those things he has no answer for.

For example, he still has not answered the OP.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Hello again, you didnt ask me for evidence of anything, you TOLD me that i believed a "YEC DOCTRINE"

No, I said YECs do. And then added that not all of them do.

and when I* ASKED YOU where i could see it, you gave me a link to a BLOG - and insisted its what i* BELIEVE.

I did? (Barbarian checks) No, turns out I didn't. Why would you lie about something like that?

I said i believe no such thing and you kept pushing that while others tolD you they believe no such nonsense either and that even your "so called " evidence (which is a blog for petes sake)

By a YEC who happens to believe the YEC doctrine of "life ex nihilo." Whether he does it in a letter or a blog shouldn't matter. Don't you see what this looks like to other people?

He makes the claim directly. Oh, one link showed someone who presented it as a false proposition. But the others didn't.

Then i asked you if i could point to any random blog by any nut case evolutionist said about anything and use it to claim you and all other evolutionists believe their nutty thoughts because they believe in that

The key is that evolutionary theory is easy to check. Darwin's theory is on record, as is the other theories that have modified it. So if someone comes up with a different theory, it's just their lookout, much as what YECs think don't apply to all Christians.

AVOIDED, AVOIDED AND AVOIDED.

That's not honest of you, either. I pointed out the difference. And of course, you're proposing to paint all scientists with the accusation, while I agreed that not all YECs believe life ex nihilo.

Then you lied, then you equivocated, and side stepped and then you acted like you never said what you did and now you ask me for something you never asked me for WHILE YOU TRY TO INSIST, THAT I STILL BELIEVE SOMETHING I NEVER SAID I BELIEVED TO BEGIN WITH.

We've already gone over that. I said nothing at all about what you personally believe. In fact, I acknowledged that some YECs don't believe it. Remember, getting angry and lying about what people say, is always a bad idea.

are you ALL THERE?

Yep, but you like there's a big hole where your Christian should be. Meanwhile, you're dodging the question I asked. What's your evidence that biological material can't be preserved for millions of years? Simple question. And it ought to be easy to answer. Assuming you've got some reason to believe it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Remember that he's brought up this dishonest line of inquiry many times. He does it to avoid answering rational challenges to what he believes. We've spent countless posts responding to his dishonesty which means he can sweep under the rug those things he has no answer for.

For example, he still has not answered the OP.

I love it when Stipe gets angry enough to start bleating generic accusations. Which reminds me, Stipe, you were going to show us that math that disproved evolution. When do you think you're going to do that?