toldailytopic: The reprobate. Are some people born with no hope of salvation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 12th, 2011 08:59 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
All who truly hope for God's salvation will find it, to Cain God said "if you do well will you not be accepted?"

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Absolutely not.

As I said in another thread....if I could somehow get rid of a single doctrine, it would be to get rid of total depravity. Or maybe all of TULIP. :mad:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God wants all men to seek Him and repent, therefore the must be hope for all men.

2Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

When Paul speaks of reprobation he says they are people given over to sin by God for their utter wickedness, this cannot refer to a child or a babe.

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No.

Here are some more verses to this effect:

Matthew 18:14
Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

John 3:15-16
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The TULIP doctrine is a weed in the church that needs to be rooted out.

Buzzword

No.

Matthew 7:7-8
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

Romans 8:38-39
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Pretty much sums it up for me.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I am proof positive that there is no such thing as the understood concept of "Reprobate".

If I'm not one then ain't nobody one. :nono:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been called that as well. :idunno:

I'm proof there is hope for every man.

:up: How one lives his life all boils down to choice. No one is born a reprobate. Environmental factors such as upbringing may help push a person down the path of a reprobate. The bottom line is we all become reprobates apart from Jesus once we reach the age of accountability. Rejecting God makes us reprobate.

Romans 1:21-29
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Reprobate behavior is a sign of a outward or even inward rejection of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.