toldailytopic: The one person in your life you look up to the most and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My dad. He's a great fellow and he makes me hold the ladder whenever he wants to muck about with the gutters or trees. :plain: So that's a twofer then.

So we have a thread about admiration and TOL's biggest scumbag promptly drove it into the ground.

Guys, I don't know how many different ways I need to say this:

PUT ASC ON IGNORE. Stop feeding this troll, for crying out loud.

The mods have decided to tolerate his behavior. We don't have to, and we can make TOL a better place by refusing to humor this hemorrhoid any longer.

After his latest illustration of dishonorable conduct, I think I'm going to have to finally join in this...right after I post this response.

Ah, figured it out :)chuckle:) You know, the air smells cleaner already. I should have done this ages ago. :D

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
So we have a thread about admiration and TOL's biggest scumbag promptly drove it into the ground.

Guys, I don't know how many different ways I need to say this:

PUT ASC ON IGNORE. Stop feeding this troll, for crying out loud.

The mods have decided to tolerate his behavior. We don't have to, and we can make TOL a better place by refusing to humor this hemorrhoid any longer.

You know what? I hate to say, there comes a point where even I have to ignore someone. Why the mods/admins don't yank their heads out of where ever they have stuffed them and ban this total scumbag is beyond me.

And having said that, I'll probly get banned for calling him a scumbag.

Cruciform

The one person in your life you look up to the most and why?
Sorry, I can't settle on just one...

All the people I look up to are dead (or, rather, alive in heaven):
St. Ignatius of Antioch
St. Irenaeus
St. Augustine of Hippo
St. Thomas Aquinas
Pope John Paul II​
Why?---they were all uncompromising defenders of the historic Christian faith.

Oh, and at least one non-saint whom I greatly admire:
Charles Darwin.​

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I have several to pick from.

But these have all passed away...

My dad. Why, the rock of Gibraltar, and he loved mom dearly. I was young when he died.

My grandpa Harvey. Why, a man who did business with hand shake, we were buddies. He taught me about Hershey's Chocolate bars.

My mom. Why, well of course it's my mom, and her love, faith and heart. I was with her when she died, I miss her.

My brother. Why, a good listener, my Bible studies mentor and very able teacher. A man who fought the good fight, finished the race, kept the faith.

So it brings me to the one person (on this earth) in my life that I look up to the most and why.

It is Mrs Psalmist, "Sweetie". Why, because she is that important, she is the love of my life, she put up with my automobile racing and working late nights and my beer-thirty after work days; she is wise, and with somethings I thought about doing, she would say, "You really should think about that first," for which I'm thankful; when I decided go into funeral service, she was a great encourager. She has seen me through some real difficult health days, and has never stopped loving me, even when I was acting like less than zero and indifferent. She is also my faithful congregation of one, for when I prepare my Sunday message for the retirement/healthcare center.​

As for Jesus, He is first and foremost. Why, in six words, "Because He is the altogether lovely."

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Son of God. Humans invariably disappoint me one way or another.

The one human that I love and admire the most, though is my husband. :)

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
My mother raised me through my partly deaf ear, through home school, as I didn't learn how to talk until I was ten, doctors didn't think I would pass the sixth grade ever, as I had autism, verbally-abusive alcoholic atheistic Mormon father, financial crisis, deaths of friends, divorcing my father, and yet she never gave up on me as I went on to three years of Bible College and a year-long mission trip to Hawaii.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I can't give you just one person, in my life, who I look up to the most. So, I'll just give the top four:

1) Nana - Needless to say, she was the person who had the biggest impact on my life, past and present. A lot of what I do and believe now is because of the example she gave me while I was growing up. She and my number 2 person are the people I always ask, "What would Nana and Pastor Paul think of my decision in this matter?"

2) Pastor Paul - Pastor Paul was the first pastor I had who really explained to me what Christianity was all about. He taught me, with words and example, what life should be about. I met him when I was twelve years old. He's one reason I believe that I should help people even when it hurts me.

3) Steve - My late husband really affected me and my life now. He was a man who was willing to overlook the fact that I had been in a bad marriage (about two years before we met) and took on raising another man's daughter as his own. My daughter had him wrapped around her little finger from the day we got married.

4) Susan - My best friend. I will never find a replacement for her. I met her, roughly, the same time I met Pastor Paul. She ended up showing me that I could trust people. She was murdered shortly after my husband passed away.

All of these people except for Pastor Paul have passed away. I haven't seen Pastor Paul in almost twenty years, now. I miss them all terribly.

Dena

Unless I'm standing on a chair, I look up to just about everybody. :plain:

Me too. :chuckle:

But if I'm going to pick somebody it would be my fellow midget, my Grandmother who is best Grandma a girl could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.