toldailytopic: The one person in your life you look up to the most and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taikoo

I take being called a pretend Christian by you as an honor. Thank you. :up:

And you go beyond mocking. You should be ashamed, whether or not it means eternal damnation.

Ok; we have the dramatic contrast here, the one least respected and looked up to.

Can we now ignore this rather yucky distraction and get back to a positive note, and talk about those who we do admire?

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
You really sunk to a new low on this one, just when I thought you couldn't be any lower.

You must have missed where I said "she's shorter than me." Besides, she dresses rather frumpy, doesn't have anything I'd want to wear. I prefer corsets and short skirts.

Speaking of clothing, are you ready to come out of the closet yet?

LOL...need I pull up your post about my parents being "related" to each other?

I'll say it again for your benefit:

When are atheists going to realize that insulting is a two way street?

Regarding your incestuous... ahem...incessant rants of me "coming out of the closet".

Unlike you, I'm perfectly comfortable with the gender I was born with, and follow the Laws of God when it comes to sexual purity.

But since we're talking about closets: how about you and your transsexual friend go back into it?

You see P-66, moral degenerates were not meant to be seen nor heard.

OR

You could repent and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.
(it's a freedom like you've never imagined, and a lot less stuffier than living in a closet).

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Ok; we have the dramatic contrast here, the one least respected and looked up to.

Can we now ignore this rather yucky distraction and get back to a positive note, and talk about those who we do admire?

Ah yes, the atheist and the (supposed) Chrisitian, working together (again) for the betterment of mankind.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Good idea. I'll stop derailing. :up:

Granite

Hall of Fame
So we have a thread about admiration and TOL's biggest scumbag promptly drove it into the ground.

Guys, I don't know how many different ways I need to say this:

PUT ASC ON IGNORE. Stop feeding this troll, for crying out loud.

The mods have decided to tolerate his behavior. We don't have to, and we can make TOL a better place by refusing to humor this hemorrhoid any longer.

Cracked

My Mom - she dropped me for a while but came back and has been tireless in her love for me - even now as a grown man she is there for me, perhaps the only person who is, really.

WizardofOz

I look up to my father. Partially because he is 6'8" but also because it turns out that we are a lot alike!

we can make TOL a better place by refusing to humor this hemorrhoid any longer.

Sometimes it's hard to fight the urge.....must itch......:mock::troll:

Is there a cure? Please tell me there is.

taikoo

So we have a thread about admiration and TOL's biggest scumbag promptly drove it into the ground.

Guys, I don't know how many different ways I need to say this:

PUT ASC ON IGNORE. Stop feeding this troll, for crying out loud.

The mods have decided to tolerate his behavior. We don't have to, and we can make TOL a better place by refusing to humor this hemorrhoid any longer.

done. go ye all forth and do likewise

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Ah yes, the atheist and the (supposed) Chrisitian, working together (again) for the betterment of mankind.

Ah, yes, the seer of souls working for Christ again to decide our salvation!

I posted the following in another thread, but I guess you missed it. Here you go:

Make note to self to remove a supposed Christian Right Winger that hangs out with atheists from my buddy list.

I would chance to say that Granite and most atheists on TOL know where I stand. I don't holler "damn you" at them, sorry. If that loses me my spot on your friends list, c'est la vie.

I can 100% guarantee you that a little respect goes a lot farther than a lot of damnation. In the end, God takes care of the latter part. It is my job to show them Christ, everyday. I don't get irritated on TOL except when Christians say things in direct contradiction to the Word of God.
remove (anyone) that hangs out with atheists
If you think (Christians) should avoid atheists, satanists, mormons, and all other various types of lost folks, go ahead and tell Christ he's wrong, if you ever see Him.

supposed Christian Right Winger
My salvation doesn't stand on your opinion. My salvation stands on Christs d,b,r, and the mercy of the Father.

Matthew 9-13
"When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

It upsets me to have to talk to a brother like this, but you are wrong and you have been corrected by the Word you claim. So, then, stand up like a man and admit that you are wrong.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
OP:

My Dad. He taught me so many things, but He truly showed me what love is. I am most definitely a prodigal, and my Dad(and Mom) were waiting with open arms for me to return. BOTH times.

My Dad's patience and faith won through, and painted for me a great picture of the Fathers love. Plus he taught me to challenge what I believe. :D

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeattleConserv

Ah, yes, the seer of souls working for Christ again to decide our salvation!

Evidentally you missed a few posts of mine where I said "I'm a warrior, not a minister."

In other words, I'll leave the salvation of others to Ministers of God. I'm fighting a culture war, a war that will decide whether Christians can openly express their faith, or if they'll have to do it hiding in a basement with a "lookout" at the window.

Quote:
Make note to self to remove a supposed Christian Right Winger that hangs out with atheists from my buddy list.

I would chance to say that Granite and most atheists on TOL know where I stand. I don't holler "damn you" at them, sorry. If that loses me my spot on your friends list, c'est la vie.

Great, I hope you befriend all kinds of atheists and they see the wisdom of Christ. How many converts do you have under your belt thus far Deets?

While I'll gladly befriend someone that is confused about Christian doctine and has a DESIRE to learn more about it, hoping that he or she will convert to Chrisitianity, I will NOT befriend a "proud atheist" that mocks the Word of God through their moral relativist faith.

I can 100% guarantee you that a little respect goes a lot farther than a lot of damnation. In the end, God takes care of the latter part. It is my job to show them Christ, everyday. I don't get irritated on TOL except when Christians say things in direct contradiction to the Word of God.

If mocking an atheist is in "direct contradiction" to the Word of God, please PM Scripture.

While you're at it, PM Scripture that says that good and evil, (i.e. God and Satan) should work together to come to an agreeable conclusion on how life here on earth should be run.

Quote:
remove (anyone) that hangs out with atheists

If you think (Christians) should avoid atheists, satanists, mormons, and all other various types of lost folks, go ahead and tell Christ he's wrong, if you ever see Him.

You are totally off your rocker. You compare Mormons with atheists and satanists? What religion do you belong to? Whatever it is, I can see the typical sermon in your Church: "The way of OUR CHURCH is the ONLY WAY to Heaven".

Your kind amuse me as much as they sicken me.

Quote:
supposed Christian Right Winger

My salvation doesn't stand on your opinion. My salvation stands on Christs d,b,r, and the mercy of the Father.

And if you're lucky, maybe He'll judge you and be merciful by how many atheist friends you made on a Christian internet website when it's your time to speak to Him.

Matthew 9-13
"When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

Keep working with your atheist friends hoping that they'll repent. I'll do my "thing": fighting them so that there are no more laws that allow innocent unborn babies to be murdered in the womb out of convenience, nor any other little boys will be brutally murdered by openly proud homosexual pedophiles.

It upsets me to have to talk to a brother like this, but you are wrong and you have been corrected by the Word you claim. So, then, stand up like a man and admit that you are wrong.

I was wrong, I thought you were a warrior for God, hence me putting you on my buddy list.

:wave:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
In other words, I'll leave the salvation of others to Ministers of God. I'm fighting a culture war, a war that will decide whether Christians can openly express their faith, or if they'll have to do it hiding in a basement with a "lookout" at the window.

Make no mistake. My parents named me Joshua for a reason, and I will go to war against ANYONE attacking Christ. Making fun of atheists online is hardly warfare. Do you know that most folks have you on ignore? How are you helping bring souls to Christ by alienating yourself? I 100% agree we should not allow them to think we are okay with their mockery of Christ, but maligning them is doing no good.

Great, I hope you befriend all kinds of atheists and they see the wisdom of Christ. How many converts do you have under your belt thus far Deets?

Jeremiah 9:23&24
"Thus says the LORD:
“ Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the LORD."

While I'll gladly befriend someone that is confused about Christian doctine and has a DESIRE to learn more about it, hoping that he or she will convert to Chrisitianity, I will NOT befriend a "proud atheist" that mocks the Word of God through their moral relativist faith.
Nor would the Pharisees befriend a prostitute.

If mocking an atheist is in "direct contradiction" to the Word of God, please PM Scripture.
James 3:5-6
''Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. "

While you're at it, PM Scripture that says that good and evil, (i.e. God and Satan) should work together to come to an agreeable conclusion on how life here on earth should be run.
Very good point, however, I do not believe that at all.

You are totally off your rocker. You compare Mormons with atheists and satanists? What religion do you belong to?

Romans 3:23-24
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

If Romans 10-9-10 doesn't apply, then they are in the same boat. And that boat is hellbound.

Whatever it is, I can see the typical sermon in your Church: "The way of OUR CHURCH is the ONLY WAY to Heaven".
Wow. Pretty much. JOhn 14:6

"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

You can tell a Christian by looking at 1 John 4:7-8:

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

Your behavior here does not reflect love.

And if you're lucky, maybe He'll judge you and be merciful by how many atheist friends you made on a Christian internet website when it's your time to speak to Him.

I hope He judges according to what the Bible says. I guess its 50/50. Your thoughts vs. the Bible :think:

Keep working with your atheist friends hoping that they'll repent.

Just because I treat them with respect and courtesy, by no means are they my friends. I do not know them personally, so to say such is rediculous.
I'll do my "thing": fighting them so that there are no more laws that allow innocent unborn babies to be murdered in the womb out of convenience, nor any other little boys will be brutally murdered by openly proud homosexual pedophiles.
How many abortion or gay marriage laws have you changed? OR:
How many converts do you have under your belt thus far ASC?

I was wrong, I thought you were a warrior for God, hence me putting you on my buddy list.
:wave:

:cry:

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Quote:

Make no mistake. My parents named me Joshua for a reason, and I will go to war against ANYONE attacking Christ.

Get started, time is running out (only two of many examples showing you what is happening outside the world of TOL):
http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/index.htm
serrano-andres-piss-christ-1987.jpg

Making fun of atheists online is hardly warfare.

This is entertainment for me. Can't a guy have a little fun now again without being judged by those that compare Mormonism with atheisim and satanism?

Do you know that most folks have you on ignore?

You have way too much time on your hands. Spending the time to find out that "most" of the 12,938 registered users on TOL have me on ignore is to put it mildly: "borderline pathetic".

Wait, maybe you're talking about your ATHEIST friends? Well then, if that's the case, then thank them for me.

How are you helping bring souls to Christ by alienating yourself? I 100% agree we should not allow them to think we are okay with their mockery of Christ, but maligning them is doing no good.

If I knew that your atheist friends were so close to accepting Christ as their Savior, I'd gladly back off of them. Perhaps you could send me a list?

Seriously though, militant atheists (i.e. proud atheists) like that pathetic little whiiiiiiiiner they call Granite, only puts up with people like you because they know you don't pose any kind of threat to their lifestyle and agenda. In other words Deets: they patronize you by patting you on the back and whispering to themselves "Now be a good little Christian and pray for me, but don't go changing my lifestyle or agenda by legislating Christian laws."

Quote:

Jeremiah 9:23&24
"Thus says the LORD:
“ Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the LORD."[/quote]

And I recall hearing in church recently (forgive me for not being one to recite Scripture at the tip of a hat) where God will bless those that are punished/ignored/chastized for standing up for His Word.

Quote:

Nor would the Pharisees befriend a prostitute.

Nor would Jesus for that matter (the words "Go and sin no more", allowing her to leave because no one came forward and said who she had sexual relations with, doesn't necessarily make Jesus and the prostitute "friends").
http://americanvision.org/1535/bible-death-penalty-testament/

It appears that the rest of your post has turned into Scripture posting.

I'll leave it to my pastor to educate me as to what Scripture really means.

Besides, there are way too many atheists on TOL, and if I were to take up your valuable time, think of all the souls that could be saved that won't be.

Wait, I forget your priority list:

1) Mormons first

2) Atheists and satanists later

Quincy

What we thought to just be a hemorrhoid turned out to be the herp.

:rotfl: that was funny. I hope it gets medicated soon.

My dad is that person for me. Sometimes we fight and horseplay so much people think we're brothers in hate with each other but no. We're just a ton alike and it's just plain fun to us. Sitting with him having some drinks and learning from him are the best times.

Status
Not open for further replies.