toldailytopic: The one person in your life you look up to the most and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 15th, 2010 01:02 PM

toldailytopic: The one person in your life you look up to the most and why?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Probably my father. He's the most patient, positive, honest, and strong person I know.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I'd say my mother, but she's shorter than me. Sweetest, kindest, most patient person I ever met. Fiercely strong will to live too. Don't know what's keeping her together after all she's been through, but I am thankful she's here.

taikoo

Really? Your actions say otherwise. :plain:

I cant see how anyone could say that Jesus "is' a person.

I suppose he is a historical figure, however much the story has changed.

But no "person" is alive for 2000 years and has all the power of a god.

That may be something, but isnt a person.

As for some who claim to be followers but are filled with hate, prejudice and disdain for their fellow humans, i think there was some sort of promise attributed to the man, Jesus.

That if such came to him, he would say, " I dont know you, go away".

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
To atheists He's a fable.

I agree with Jack, you can't get any better when it comes to perfection.

I'll go with the Son of God.

Fable: : a fictitious narrative or statement: as a : a legendary story of supernatural happenings b : a narration intended to enforce a useful truth; especially : one in which animals speak and act like human beings c : falsehood, lie

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My mother. The woman is the closest thing to a saint and loves unconditionally.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Fable: : a fictitious narrative or statement: as a : a legendary story of supernatural happenings b : a narration intended to enforce a useful truth; especially : one in which animals speak and act like human beings c : falsehood, lie

2. a story not founded on fact:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fable

So, you being an atheist, do acknowledge that Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

There is still hope for you P-66 (and one more of your posts that I have to...ahem...adDRESS.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
I'd say my mother, but she's shorter than me. Sweetest, kindest, most patient person I ever met. Fiercely strong will to live too. Don't know what's keeping her together after all she's been through, but I am thankful she's here.

And what's not to love about a woman that shares her clothing with you?

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
2. a story not founded on fact:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fable

So, you being an atheist, do acknowledge that Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

There is still hope for you P-66 (and one more of your posts that I have to...ahem...adDRESS.
About as much as I acknowledge Darth Vader living long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.
And what's not to love about a woman that shares her clothing with you?
You really sunk to a new low on this one, just when I thought you couldn't be any lower.

You must have missed where I said "she's shorter than me." Besides, she dresses rather frumpy, doesn't have anything I'd want to wear. I prefer corsets and short skirts.

Speaking of clothing, are you ready to come out of the closet yet?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
We're all sinners kmoney, even you (GASP!).

If mocking atheists and pretend christians like yourself might mean eternal damnation for me, I'll take my chances.

I take being called a pretend Christian by you as an honor. Thank you. :up:

And you go beyond mocking. You should be ashamed, whether or not it means eternal damnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.