toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
We will find our answers in God, not man.
You will try, anyway.
If people want help, there is help, God will help them.
Sure, okay -- but not in any practical demonstrable fashion.

We renew our minds to what God says, and He is against it, so it's not right and we need to listen to our Creator, if people don't want help, they have made their own choice.
He needs to find a way to speak more clearly - because people have gotten different messages.
Why bother to have male and female, if this was the way to go.
Why bother having bodies whatsoever if we are spiritual beings?

The sign of the times/ages are there, we are heading towards another Sodom & Gamorrah, and in the days of Noah. There is still time to turn back to Him to get healed.
Wow, threats worthy of the mafia.

Granite

Hall of Fame
They would be statistically better off with two parents :idea:

What is this, rocket science? :chuckle:

No, it's just you not thinking things over very carefully. As usual. And this is a prime example of you not answering a very simple question.

Are all children not raised by a heterosexual married couple somehow inferior, worse off, or somehow damaged goods?

zippy2006

No, it's just you not thinking things over very carefully. As usual. And this is a prime example of you not answering a very simple question.

Are all children not raised by a heterosexual married couple somehow inferior, worse off, or somehow damaged goods?

They would be statistically better off with two heterosexual married parents :idea:

Granite

Hall of Fame
They would be statistically better off with two heterosexual married parents :idea:

You're dodging the question. Again. So not only are you dense, you're just dishonest. And you've just insulted the millions of aunts, uncles, grandparents, and single mothers and fathers the world over who raise their kids. Nice job.

zippy2006

You're dodging the question. Again. So not only are you dense, you're just dishonest. And you've just insulted the millions of aunts, uncles, grandparents, and single mothers and fathers the world over who raise their kids. Nice job.

Apparently one man's elementary statistics is Granite's rocket science. :D

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yea ... just ask the kids of Russell and Andrea Yates!

You know ... Russell. That Catholic dude who believed his wife's usefulness was tied to her ability to procreate.

Are all the healthy and happy children of single or gay parents happier and healthier than those who were birthed by Andrea Yates, Zip?

elohiym

A thought, if marriage is only for procreation then woman needs man for only a very short time.

Good point.

The purpose of marriage is companionship.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Interestingly, solitude was the first thing God said was "not good."

bybee

Good point.

The purpose of marriage is companionship.

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Interestingly, solitude was the first thing God said was "not good."

I love this response! Having lost my spouse I can concur. It is not good to be alone.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I love this response! Having lost my spouse I can concur. It is not good to be alone.

anybody can live with another
if
they do not want to be alone
and
for that there is no need of an institution
but
there is for the child and the mother who takes care of the child

bybee

anybody can live with another
if
they do not want to be alone
and
for that there is no need of an institution
but
there is for the child and the mother who takes care of the child

There is the extended family to help nurture every mother and child within it's confines. That goes for the fellows too of course.

zippy2006

zip said:
...procreation is superfluous and can be safely separated from the sexual act itself.
do you believe that?

I don't, and this is precisely where the Catholic Church choose correctly years ago while others started down a destructive path. It is the seed of error surrounding this topic and many others.

:e4e:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't, and this is precisely where the Catholic Church choose correctly years ago while others started down a destructive path. It is the seed of error surrounding this topic and many others.

:e4e:

for me your post was not clear

elohiym

... procreation is superfluous and can be safely separated from the sexual act itself. Elo seems to think so, but I can say with full confidence that God (or nature for the atheist) disagrees with him.

I believe that procreation can be separated from, and is superfluous to, several sexual acts that heterosexuals commonly engage in. Are you opposed to married heterosexual couples engaging in disordered sexual acts, i.e. anything other than strictly male to female genital contact for the purpose of procreation?

Status
Not open for further replies.