toldailytopic: Same-sex marriage: for it, or against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Either homosexuals can procreate or they can't. I said they can't, you said I was wrong.

They can HAVE children, just not biologically with one another. Just like many heterosexuals cannot have children ... biologically with one another.

Clearly you are wrong,

No, I am not.

I'm done with this line :wave2:

You were done in this thread before you typed your first post.

(i.e. adoption isn't procreation)

Again, IF you insist on using the *procreation* argument, then fine.

Any heterosexual that is unable to PROVE they can procreate, should not be allowed to marry ... via YOUR standards.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm an ultra fundamental Christ follower. I would be to the right of Alexander, and Genghis Kahn.

Where are my hip waders when I need them. This sounds like Emergent term redefinition. Right wing and your post content are two different animals. You post like what is termed a progressive.

Timeloop--also why do you call people yij--a fossilized squid?

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Zippy the Pinhead,

Sterile heterosexual couples amount to approx 10 percent of the population -- a larger group than gays. Practically speaking - what are you accomplishing by stopping gays from marrying?

If you cared about the good of children, you would support the marriage of gay persons with children rather than the preservation of a sense of semantic neatness.

zippy2006

If marriage were only for procreation, then my statement is valid (btw, I do not subscribe to it or agree with it). How to raise healthy children is another topic.

But you miss the base of the point. The government is concerned with society and the incorporation of new members, which is precisely why it is interested in marriage, both procreatively and as a means for a stable family.

zippy2006

Zippy the Pinhead,

Sterile heterosexual couples amount to approx 10 percent of the population -- a larger group than gays. Practically speaking - what are you accomplishing by stopping gays from marrying?

If you cared about the good of children, you would support the marriage of gay persons with children rather than the preservation of a sense of semantic neatness.

Now you're just begging the moral question and have moved away from the initial argument.

zippy2006

The law establishes the rule and its interest is in equity. :D

:thumb: Now make a case that a homosexual couple and a heterosexual couple are equivalent in the sense being discussed (procreation).

I fully admit that if you view procreation as superfluous (and an argument could be made) then the youtube video wouldn't be convincing.

bybee

But you miss the base of the point. The government is concerned with society and the incorporation of new members, which is precisely why it is interested in marriage, both procreatively and as a means for a stable family.

The government must enforce it's laws equitably. Opportunity to choose one's life style and enjoy protection and rights generated by the law must be available to all citizens, that is, adults able to consent or not.

zippy2006

The government must enforce it's laws equitably. Opportunity to choose one's life style and enjoy protection and rights generated by the law must be available to all citizens, that is, adults able to consent or not.

The laws are enforced equitably because the procreative status of the homosexuals and the heterosexuals is not equal.

Gill White

We will find our answers in God, not man. If people want help, there is help, God will help them.

We renew my minds to what God says, and He is against it, so it's not right and we need to listen to our Creator, if people don't want help, they have made their own choice.

Why bother to have male and female, if this was the way to go.

The sign of the times/ages are there, we are heading towards another Sodom & Gamorrah, and in the days of Noah. There is still time to turn back to Him to get healed.

Rom 1:24-32
(24) For this reason God allowed their lusts to control them. As a result, they dishonor their bodies by sexual perversion with each other.
(25) These people have exchanged God's truth for a lie. So they have become ungodly and serve what is created rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen!
(26) For this reason God allowed their shameful passions to control them. Their women have exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
(27) Likewise, their men have given up natural sexual relations with women and burn with lust for each other. Men commit indecent acts with men, so they experience among themselves the punishment they deserve for their perversion.
(28) And because they thought it was worthless to acknowledge God, God allowed their own immoral minds to control them. So they do these indecent things.
(29) Their lives are filled with all kinds of sexual sins, wickedness, and greed. They are mean. They are filled with envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and viciousness. They are gossips,
(30) slanderers, haters of God, haughty, arrogant, and boastful. They think up new ways to be cruel. They don't obey their parents,
(31) don't have any sense, don't keep promises, and don't show love to their own families or mercy to others.
(32) Although they know God's judgment that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do these things but also approve of others who do them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They would be statistically better off with two parents :idea:

What is this, rocket science? :chuckle:

Yea ... just ask the kids of Russell and Andrea Yates!

You know ... Russell. That Catholic dude who believed his wife's usefulness was tied to her ability to procreate.

Status
Not open for further replies.