toldailytopic: Please pray for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WandererInFog

In both of these responses I see a description of an independent and free will separate from God's will evidenced by the actions of an individual persons. Is that what you intended to convey?

It would be more accurate to say a dependent, fallen free will, permitted by God. That humans possess a will which is free to any extent is dependent on God allowing it, and while the will is free (meaning that people do make real, meaningful choices) those choices will not include the realization of their fallen state and need for salvation without the direct intervention of God.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
It would be more accurate to say a dependent, fallen free will, permitted by God. That humans possess a will which is free to any extent is dependent on God allowing it, and while the will is free (meaning that people do make real, meaningful choices) those choices will not include the realization of their fallen state and need for salvation without the direct intervention of God.
I would agree with that. I have always understood that free will allows a person to freely choose from the choices available to them. I think you worded it better than I did.

Son of Jack

We have some very dangerous weather in our area right now. A couple of tornadoes have touched down within about 30 minutes of our home.

Todah

...Our grandson Toby (14), he has started having seizures since early this month, and he has had several. We'll not know for a few days what has brought this on.

I have prayed for him.

It might be an allergy!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...Our grandson Toby (14), he has started having seizures since early this month, and he has had several. We'll not know for a few days what has brought this on.

I have prayed for him.

It might be an allergy!

Allergy? Really. Along the same line, I thought it was odd that the neurologist mentioned diet and food substance.

The difficulty for us is we are a lot of miles from them, anyway our son will find out Friday what the results are. They look for a brain wave interruption and blood vessel restriction(s) first.

So far Toby has had three seizures to date, he is on medication that will control it for now. The doctor said they want to do better than that.

bybee

Allergy? Really. Along the same line, I thought it was odd that the neurologist mentioned diet and food substance.

The difficulty for us is we are a lot of miles from them, anyway our son will find out Friday what the results are. They look for a brain wave interruption and blood vessel restriction(s) first.

So far Toby has had three seizures to date, he is on medication that will control it for now. The doctor said they want to do better than that.

Another thought I had was the environment. Has he been exposed to something noxious in his environment?
I pray for him and the people seeking answers on his behalf. Blessings

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame

Sorry to hear that. Prayer forthcoming.

ghost

Hall of Fame

Ask the doctors to test for gluten intolerance.

Breathe

Please pray for my husband. His dr thinks he may have bone cancer. Tests are forthcoming.
Thank you.

EMETH

I just wanted to update. I asked for prayer for my mother as she was going in for surgery yesterday. Well there were absolutely no problems in fact things went so well that she was home yesterday evening and is fine if a little tired today.

I have thanked God for this the best outcome we could have hoped for and I thank any and all on this board who did pray for my mom.

bybee

I just wanted to update. I asked for prayer for my mother as she was going in for surgery yesterday. Well there were absolutely no problems in fact things went so well that she was home yesterday evening and is fine if a little tired today.

I have thanked God for this the best outcome we could have hoped for and I thank any and all on this board who did pray for my mom.

Wonderful news!

Todah

Any updates on your grandson Toby. I hope and pray they found the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.