toldailytopic: On TheologyOnline I have learned that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I've learned, apart from getting in a witty banter contest with TH is both pointless and frustrating,

Personally, I let Townie win those. If I don't, he gets his panties in a bunch and we all know that a grumpy TH is no fun for anyone. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Personally, I let Townie win those.

And I know I speak for all of us when I say you do a stunningly realistic job of it. :thumb:

If I don't, he gets his panties in a bunch
Dad-blasted, they're European man underpants. We've been over and over that...though thanks for...noticing? :shocked:

and we all know that a grumpy TH is no fun for anyone. :plain:
Get out of my yard! :mmph:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You and I both know that people in the South are rarely crazy....drunk, sure, but not crazy.:D

Speaking of nuts, have you seen the typical Bama fan?

:D

You're just jealous because even the crazy parts of our fan base have their own teeth, instead of owning a good pair. Or, as is the case in Mississippi, going time share. :D

nicholsmom

I have learned to not make assumptions about other religions & theologies. It's far better to ask questions and learn something new than to make accusations and be shown to be ignorant.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I have learned to not make assumptions about other religions & theologies. It's far better to ask questions and learn something new than to make accusations and be shown to be ignorant.

Are you sure you are a Christian?

I learned that the most important thing in a scientific debate is what you wear and who you sleep with. Knowledge, proof, evidence and educational background are meaningless in comparison.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I also learned that I was raped. I guess it happened so fast that I just didn't notice it, because I think I would have remembered something like that. I've been told on several occaisions that it happened, by a few different people. They say it happened when I was a kid. Maybe they can tell me other details about my childhood that I never experienced.

nicholsmom

I also learned that I was raped. I guess it happened so fast that I just didn't notice it, because I think I would have remembered something like that. I've been told on several occaisions that it happened, by a few different people. They say it happened when I was a kid. Maybe they can tell me other details about my childhood that I never experienced.

I can tell you other details about your childhood that you likely don't remember: birth, having your diaper changed, learning to walk, eat, and talk. :p

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I have learned a bit about all the different colors of Christianity (Catholic, Baptist, MAD, TULIP, Open Theism, KJV Only, etc.)

I have learned the difference between an atheist and an anti-theist.

I have learned that some people that claim to love Jesus the most display the fewest of Christ's traits.

I have learned I have a lot to learn.

I have learned that I can learn a lot about what a Christian life is like from People like Psalmist and ktoyou.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I learned I was a Mossad agent. And a monstrous person, for reasons never explained.:think:

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Here on TOL? Who said this? Because that assumption requires some correction, I think.

Sure, it's much more likely considering the sexuality you openly display but that's hardly conclusive. Are you sure you aren't confusing the suggestion that most sexual deviants have been molested as children with the assurance that you were? I have noticed a tendency to inflate things a bit, especially if it provides any measure of accusation against Christians, so you'll forgive the question I'm sure.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Here on TOL? Who said this? Because that assumption requires some correction, I think.

Sure, it's much more likely considering the sexuality you openly display but that's hardly conclusive. Are you sure you aren't confusing the suggestion that most sexual deviants have been molested as children with the assurance that you were? I have noticed a tendency to inflate things a bit, especially if it provides any measure of accusation against Christians, so you'll forgive the question I'm sure.

Both Delmar and Servo have told me on several occaisions that I was raped. If you like, I guess I could search for the individual posts where they said it, but so can you. Heck there was one time Delmar was trying to convince me of it, like he knew more about my life than I did. He probly couldn't even tell me where I was born. There's been a few other similar accusations from others, but those were the more memorable. If anything because when I corrected them, they refused to believe me.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I have learned that settled viewers can make some of the most illogical arguments to support their views, assuming the conclusion from the beginning, etc.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Both Delmar and Servo have told me on several occaisions that I was raped. If you like, I guess I could search for the individual posts where they said it, but so can you. Heck there was one time Delmar was trying to convince me of it, like he knew more about my life than I did. He probly couldn't even tell me where I was born. There's been a few other similar accusations from others, but those were the more memorable. If anything because when I corrected them, they refused to believe me.
If you're willing to name names that's enough for me. And I can believe it, I suppose. I think I can guess at the reasons why this was accepted, as well.

Regardless, it's absolutely not a reliable predictor. Common among homosexuals and certainly a factor in the development of homosexuality in many cases, but nothing anywhere near a reliable predictor.

There's just no such singular reliable indicator. Not a one, that I've seen so far.

So let this serve for Servo and Delmar and anyone else who's convinced otherwise that it's past time for them to catch up on what's been discovered about the roots of homosexuality in the intervening years. If they're going to minister to homosexuals and or any sexual deviancy in regards to those root causes at least, which isn't necessary to the Gospel anyway.

And even that should come with the warning that the vast majority of the information that is available is fairly far removed from serious psychology.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
If you're willing to name names that's enough for me. And I can believe it, I suppose. I think I can guess at the reasons why this was accepted, as well.

Most of the time you seem to not believe a thing I say, but I'm not very good at lying so I don't do it.

Regardless, it's absolutely not a reliable predictor. Common among homosexuals and certainly a factor in the development of homosexuality in many cases, but nothing anywhere near a reliable predictor.

There's just no such singular reliable indicator. Not a one, that I've seen so far.
I agree.

So let this serve for Servo and Delmar and anyone else who's convinced otherwise that it's past time for them to catch up on what's been discovered about the roots of homosexuality in the intervening years. If they're going to minister to homosexuals and or any sexual deviancy in regards to those root causes at least, which isn't necessary to the Gospel anyway.

I'd guess they probly have a reason why they cling to that one factor. It's probly also why I get accused of being a pedophile, which really irks me.

And even that should come with the warning that the vast majority of the information that is available is fairly far removed from serious psychology.

I can agree with that too. Psychology may not even have a lot to do with it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Because that assumption requires some correction, I think.

What in the world makes you think either Servo or Delmar would be open to "correction" or willing to make a mea culpa?

I mean, get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.