toldailytopic: On TheologyOnline I have learned that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

...I can stop by TOL after the nursing duties on our way to our grandson's football game.
...I have some really good friends at TOL.
...I can be grateful everyday.
...TOL's Praise the Lord! II, is a blessing to others.
...I can be more patient.

elohiym

But why did you post that RIGHT AFTER ragTag's overly kind (yet remarkably accurate) observation...:eek: :noid:

Your jocular observation aside, it was not directed at ragTag. :sibbie:

I've learned that the problem is rarely ignorance and that the solution is almost never 'more of the same'.

Based on the Bible and personal experience, I've come to the conclusion that it's always ignorance; but I agree with you regarding "more of the same."

Oh, and that just because someone claims to have a Ph.D. it doesn't follow that he can't be schooled again. :poly:

I was thinking of "ignorance" as in the "darkness" of John chapter one, and that of Psalm 82:5-7.

Thunder's Muse

On Theologyonline, I have learned that...

I have a thicker skin than I first thought.

Some people act like jerks cause they lack self control.

To ignore people who act like jerks cause they lack self control.

I can be free from sin.

I am God's child and He loves me.

I am a little weird...but that's ok.

It's ok to change my opinion...or to stick to it, if I have enough conviction. It's also ok to be wrong.

People are generally pretty interesting, if you put in the effort to get to know them.

zoo22

Oh, I also learned at TOL (via serpentdove's signature), that

- PlastikBuddah is Gamera (a make believer), and
- Kmoney is Count Ibis (also a make believer)

But I haven't learned why Gamera (who is PlastikBuddah) is banned, but PlastickBuddah (aka Gamera) isn't banned.

:plain:

I have a lot to learn.

The Graphite

I've learned:

1. If your theology isn't practical and applicable to your Christian walk, it is either bad theology or not worth spending time on. Probably the former. To borrow a phrase from Flip Benham, you should be "making theology into biography."

2. All valid and correct doctrine is practical and applicable to one's Christian walk. The study of so-called "theology" is nothing more than simple Bible study, and is therefore relevant to every Christian, everywhere, from the genius seminary professor with four PhD's to the Down's Syndrome man who has barely enough mental acuity and maturity to reach a minimum "age of accountability" and have a genuine, sincere faith in, and relationship with, Jesus Christ. Because every Christian's walk with Christ involves "How do I pray?" and "How do I relate to other people?" and "How can I serve God?" and "What is the gospel, the good news of salvation?" And all of that is "theology," ie. Bible study. I have met pre-teen children who have a better grasp of biblical doctrine than the average Christian adult, I kid you not.

3. All theology is intertwined and related. Nothing stands alone; everything is connected. This is why I lean heavily toward a perspective of systematic theology, although a "biblical theology" perspective is often valuable input in many issues. All doctrine is related to numerous other areas of doctrine, sometimes even to areas that many not be readily obvious, at first.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 3rd, 2010 09:49 AM

there is no end to the amount of aberrant intellectual idols that some will construct and go off worshiping to their own peril.

AMR

Last edited:

Gurucam

Some people are not aware of the simplest Truth. For example, the most essential word of Truth

Is it just five words, Rom 8:1: . . . . . . "be led by Jesus' Spirit"

. . . . . Why? . . . . . "you will accrue no sin"

i.e. one who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit accrue no sin.

For this reason God sent Jesus' Spirit, into our hearts i.e. so that one might become an adopted 'child of God'. (re. Galatians: 4 verses: 5 to 7)

Did you pick up this offer?

Jesus confirmed that God is Spirit and now we must know Him in Spirit.

Are you still seeking God in the law and the letter both of which killeth?

Or are you onto the Spirit which giveth life?

Nick_A

I've learned that, as usual, the always wise Mullah Nasreddin was right.

Nasreddin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: - "Hey! how do I get to the other side?" - "You are on the other side!" Nasreddin shouted back.

But then again Joni Mitchell had the audacity to express humility in a song.

I've looked at life from both sides now,
From win and lose, and still somehow
It's life's illusions i recall.
I really don't know life at all.

But TOL is often concerned with the battle over right and wrong and getting to the right side of the river. Now this woman says all she remembers of her experiences are illusions. Surely she cannot refer to a battle between misconceptions.

This is just too insulting to consider for beings in the image of God. I shouldn't have brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.