toldailytopic: Massive winter storm hits the USA, how is it effecting you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I got sent home from work two hours early and it hasn't even started snowing here yet. We are supposed to get 12-18 inches of snow tonight! Pretty sure I'm going to need to shovel snow in the AM!

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
No rain (for now) in sunny Seattle. And when it does (and it will), we having a saying: "At least you don't have to shovel rain."

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I expect the library to charge me for a book they're holding since I can't get there to pick it up until after the hold expires.

Stupid global warming!

Ps82

Our local news anchors were basically screaming "IT'LL BE 2009 ALL OVER AGAIN!!!" for about three days prior to it actually hitting.

Everyone around here's been paranoid to an absurd degree.
Wal-Marts were running out of foodstuffs on Sunday, and yesterday the governor declared a state-wide State of Emergency....before anything had actually happened.
BUT I'd rather have the driving populace paranoid than cocky.

Especially four-wheel-drivers who think they're invincible on ice.
It's four-wheel-DRIVE, and what you really need is four-wheel-STOP.

We'd already gotten about two weeks' worth of groceries on Friday, so we're comfortably settled and have no reason to get out today.
School's canceled.
My job's closed, but I still get paid for "Closed Due to Inclement Weather" hours.

Great day to stay in and be productive around the house...or just sleep.

Where I live ... we get just like this over 3 inches of snow.

Ps82

My southern state is having wet, dreary, dark, foggy weather ... Not so much rain fall ... just 100% water saturation in the air... wet and chilling to the bone. I don't think we will have sun until Sunday.

Omega39

Chicago is getting hit pretty hard. I was dismissed from school early and am expecting a snow day tomorrow. The roads are beginning to get really dangerous.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No good, terrible, terrible.............

The lower level of this house has all mechanical propane heat. It has 12 volt DC and some entertainment. I have slept until 2:30PM, now half awake, thinking about waiting it out, not having to go anywhere. If power goes out, I will have to sleep downstairs for the heat.

The house is set high at 75 degrees for curbing lose of heat if there is a power out. This weird weather is depressing, I might sleep though it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, driving or even walking outside is dangerous because of the ice. I am worried to death every time my son and daughter drive to and from work.

And then there are my poor little babies (chihuahua). The snow is higher than they are ... so when they have to go outside and relieve themselves, two of them can't make it back up the steps.

Every time they go out, I have to go down the stairs, pick them up, carry them back into the house and cover them up until their little legs and feet warm up.

As far as the power, gas, water and cable ... so far, no problem.

Alate_One

This is how the Blizzard is affecting me. . . .

Blizzard in MO

I hope my spouse can get home after work . . . basically nothing is ploughed, though there are ruts that have been made by the crazy people driving around in their 4WD pickups . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.