toldailytopic: Massive winter storm hits the USA, how is it effecting you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 1st, 2011 10:47 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looks like this storm could cause havoc from Texas to Maine. Chicago is really going to be in for a tough few days.

Yeah. I heard about that on the radio, yesterday, when I went to pick up :jessilu: from work. The funny thing about yesterday's forecast was that every county surrounding mine was under a winter weather warning. They said there was no warning in my county. North of me, they're supposed to get twelve to sixteen inches of snow. I'd rather have the snow than the ice. Even though I have to drive twenty miles an hour, at least I'd be able to drive somewhere.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm waiting on a package from Pennsylvania and the UPS tracking states the package is held up in BETHLEHEM, PA, US due to ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL! The eastern states have had it pretty bad this year. I was surprised that winter waited to really hit us until the middle of January and February, here. But, then again, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by Indiana weather. Our local radio station has an ad that says, "Don't like the weather? Well, wait a minute."

Buzzword

Our local news anchors were basically screaming "IT'LL BE 2009 ALL OVER AGAIN!!!" for about three days prior to it actually hitting.

Everyone around here's been paranoid to an absurd degree.
Wal-Marts were running out of foodstuffs on Sunday, and yesterday the governor declared a state-wide State of Emergency....before anything had actually happened.
BUT I'd rather have the driving populace paranoid than cocky.

Especially four-wheel-drivers who think they're invincible on ice.
It's four-wheel-DRIVE, and what you really need is four-wheel-STOP.

We'd already gotten about two weeks' worth of groceries on Friday, so we're comfortably settled and have no reason to get out today.
School's canceled.
My job's closed, but I still get paid for "Closed Due to Inclement Weather" hours.

Great day to stay in and be productive around the house...or just sleep.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of my friends, in Tulsa, said that he gets to stay home and be bored. He's a trucker and loves his job. Sitting home, for him, is about as boring as it is for me, today.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yesterday we were informed that the county we live in also canceled all school today which I think is kinda silly. In Colorado terms this isn't much of a blizzard although it is very cold at minus 5 degrees.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Aren't you glad you home school? No snow days! :chuckle:

bybee

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 1st, 2011 10:47 AM

Here in Southeast Florida it is mid-seventies and partly overcast. No complaints at all!

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

taikoo

here is the near-to-dead-centre of the USA its subzero wind chill and inches of snow on top of ice.

my husband says we are moving to Alaska. (really). I guess this is just training.

Alate_One

Stuck home since the college is closed for the next two days. My son and I have been watching the snow falling. It's getting more intense. . . .

Dena

I think it's just mostly slushy rain here but I'm not sure as I won't go outside. I leave the house as little possible in the winter. I hate, loath and detest winter with every fiber of my being.

I'm listening to cars on the road and they don't sound like they are having any problems so I'm guessing it's just rain here at the moment.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Treacherous travel. Four inches today, at least a foot tomorrow. My snowblower's getting one heck of a breaking in.

Tico

It´s freezing here. It´s only up to 75 degrees. With the windchill it feels like 73.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm waiting on a package from Pennsylvania and the UPS tracking states the package is held up in BETHLEHEM, PA, US due to ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS.

Home of the best online retailer there is. :)

Various weather experts are predicting 10 years of bad weather based on cycles and patterns. Such as the cooling trend since 1998 from diminishing sun factor. They were absolutely correct about it for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.