toldailytopic: Making guns illegal? What will you do if the government tries to take

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

I'm working on a hand-held directed energy weapon in my garage. ::Grizzly: :burnlib: If the gubmint takes away your guns let me know. My design is superior to modern firearms. No bullets are needed, has no moving parts, and the power packs had a long shelf life. :think:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Whoa whoa hold on a sec dude.

First, I have a great relationship with my father-in-law.
He's a retired navy gunner and police bomb tech.

I'd always been interested in guns, but my family's just not into them...which made me go nuts (in a good way) when my wife's dad showed us his collection and we went out on the range.
I'm addicted to his 1873 Winchester, myself.

I never said anything about SELLING his guns.
I'm more excited at the prospect of OWNING some of them someday, especially the magnum revolver he assembled with ivory grips and the smoothest action I've ever felt.
Makes my gun hand tingle at the thought.

Okay, let me say this for everyone:
I REALIZE NOW THAT "BULLET CONTROL" IS A BAD IDEA.
I'm still too inexperienced with most guns to try creating some kind of government policy.

:rotfl: Oops! Miss read you pretty bad then...sorry!

"Makes my gun hand tingle at the thought" Who's getting trigger happy now? :crackup:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the gov't does come to take my guns I'll hand over every registered gun I have.

You can't fight city hall.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't worry about it. My state would defend that particular right of its citizens. It would probably even secede if it had no other choice.

Don't mess with Texas. :AoO:

The Berean

I wouldn't worry about it. My state would defend that particular right of its citizens. It would probably even secede if it had no other choice.

Don't mess with Texas. :AoO:

Why did Texas even join the union? It was doing fine as it's own nation for nine years. :)

Krsto

I'm working on a hand-held directed energy weapon in my garage. ::Grizzly: :burnlib: If the gubmint takes away your guns let me know. My design is superior to modern firearms. No bullets are needed, has no moving parts, and the power packs had a long shelf life. :think:

Yes but can it take down a whole row of machine gun toting soldiers and their colleagues in their armored vehicles behind them? If so, I'm interested.

Krsto

vote republican

Not sure if R is the best, though your chances are better than voting D. Better to find a Libertarian who of course will have to run as an R because no third party has a chance in our ridiculous 2 party system.

I'm reminded of an R precinct caucus I officiated in which a couple neighbor ladies thought I was crazy when I explained the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was not for self defence against criminals but self defence against the government in case it goes awry. They couldn't believe I could believe such a thing.

I hope I don't end up proving myself right.

Krsto

I'm okay with making guns illegal, as long as other killing tools are made illegal, too. I'll gladly cast my vote for making guns illegal, if the following are on the list, as well:
  • Cars
  • Knives
  • Rocks
  • Big sticks
  • Pointy cowboy boots
  • Coffee tables with corners
  • Ledges of buildings
  • Pillows
  • Saran Wrap
  • Duct Tape
  • Rat poison
  • Gasoline
  • Matches
  • Rope
  • Heavy books
  • Pipes
  • Nails
  • Tailpipes
  • Water
  • Dirt
  • Hammers
  • Bats
  • Axes
  • Hatchets
  • Table saws
  • Electricity
  • Bad people
  • Lamps
  • Dumbbells
  • Pencils
  • Glass
  • Empty syringes
  • Concrete
  • Big socks
  • Extension cords
  • Scissors
Works for me!

Bats as a murder weapon? You read too many fantasy books.

The Berean

Yes but can it take down a whole row of machine gun toting soldiers and their colleagues in their armored vehicles behind them? If so, I'm interested.

Ever seen the end of movie District 9? That's a poor imitation of what I got on the drawing board. :reals:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Guys.

Come on.

They will never outright ban guns in this country and go house to house for them.

Never.

Even in the event of a national catastrophe--terrorist attack, natural disaster--there would be bigger fish to fry. There are too many guns, too many owners, too many bullets.

Not long ago I would have agreed with you 100% Granite......The aftermath of Katrina made me rethink that opinion. I'm not so sure now. :idunno:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Not long ago I would have agreed with you 100% Granite......The aftermath of Katrina made me rethink that opinion. I'm not so sure now. :idunno:

They can't get everyone everywhere. Sooner or later, people will starting shooting--and the ones doing the confiscating may lose their taste for the work quicker than you think.

The Graphite

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 12th, 2010 07:57 AM

toldailytopic: Making guns illegal? What will you do if the government tries to take away your guns?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
Yeah, I'm going to answer this question publicly, online?

:rotfl:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Ever seen the end of movie District 9? That's a poor imitation of what I got on the drawing board. :reals:

:plain: I think it's time you and I had a little talk.....The Family™ is interested in your work. We're gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
They can't get everyone everywhere. Sooner or later, people will starting shooting--and the ones doing the confiscating may lose their taste for the work quicker than you think.

Yeah....I hear you. I just wonder if they are smart enough to realize that and if not how many people will have to die before they figure it out. :sigh:

The Berean

:plain: I think it's time you and I had a little talk.....The Family™ is interested in your work. We're gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.

I am already under the personal protection of the Bonnano "family". They offered better "benefits" plus free trips to and from the "old country" any time I want. Can you offer better? :think: Tommy Smalls sends his greetings...

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I am already under the personal protection of the Bonnano "family". They offered better "benefits" plus free trips to and from the "old country" any time I want. Can you offer better? :think: Tommy Smalls sends his greetings...

Oh yes.....Tell Tommy we will be by to see him also. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.