toldailytopic: Judge not! Some say Christians shouldn't judge, what say you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.​
:doh:

Those who believe [are in Christ] are no longer under the law, and where there is no law there is no transgression. And our sins are no longer imputed to us. He has cleansed us from all unrighteousness, we are no longer guilty.

Paulos

:doh:

Those who believe [are in Christ] are no longer under the law, and where there is no law there is no transgression. And our sins are no longer imputed to us. He has cleansed us from all unrighteousness, we are no longer guilty.

Does that mean you no longer commit the slightest sin at all?

ghost

Hall of Fame
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Galatians 3:22
But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1 John 1:8
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.​

Paulos... If something is taken away from you, would you be lying if you said you still have it, or would you be lying if you said you no longer have it?

Paulos

Paulos... If something is taken away from you, would you be lying if you said you still have it, or would you be lying if you said you no longer have it?

Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.​

ghost

Hall of Fame
Was the question to hard?

If something is taken away from you, would you be lying if you said you still have it, or would you be lying if you said you no longer have it?

Paulos

Was the question to hard?

If something is taken away from you, would you be lying if you said you still have it, or would you be lying if you said you no longer have it?

What is the point of your question? Obviously, if something is stolen from me, I no longer have it.

ghost

Hall of Fame
What is the point of your question? Obviously, if something is stolen from me, I no longer have it.

If Jesus cleanses you from all sin you are not lying if you say you have no sin. The only people who are lying if they say they have no sin, are those who have not been cleansed.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Does that mean you no longer commit the slightest sin at all?
Not in Him. If I sin it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me, for I know that in me (that is in my flesh) nothing good dwells.

Paulos

Proof text all you want; it won't keep you from His judgment.

Romans 14:4
Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Luke 6:35-37
But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.​

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
There is no such thing as "a la carte" Judaism. The teachings of Judaism are completely different from those of Christianity,of whatever denomination.
Judaism does not have rigid positions on things such as homosexuality and abortion,and not all Jews agree on these issues.
Orthodox Jews tend to be opposed to abortion, but many other Jews are pro-choice. Also,Judaism is not as obseesed with sexual behavior,hetero or homosexual as Christianity. While it does not condone sexual misconduct such as promiscuity,rape, etc, Jewish scholars and Rabbis are not obsessed with homosexuality in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.