toldailytopic: Is there hope for all people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 24th, 2010 12:18 PM

toldailytopic: Is there hope for all people?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some people believe that there is no hope for certain people, in that some men were predestined for condemnation.

Do you believe that there is hope for salvation for all men? Or just some?

What does God's word teach?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
anyone can be saved
if
they make the right choices
so
there is hope for everyone
but
not everyone has hope
and
that is where it has to start

heir

TOL Subscriber
Romans 5:18 KJV Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them;...

two verses later it tells us how this could be:

2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

It is God's will that all men be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 2:3-6 KJV For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 4:10 KJV For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Titus 2:11 KJV For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

The whole idea that God somehow predetermined to only save "some" points to a failure or flat out refusal to rightly divide the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hope so, but probably not. Just read the posts here about what some people think of our creator.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe there is no hope or redemption for certain people ... such as Charles Manson, Richard Allen Davis, etc.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe there is no hope or redemption for certain people ... such as Charles Manson, Richard Allen Davis, etc.
What if the truly repented? What if they had a genuine change of heart and even wanted the state to execute them to pay for their crime. What if you knew for a fact that they were sincere?

Don't you think a loving God would recognize their sincerity and have mercy on them?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
I've never believed in the notion of eternal damnation. This idea was invented by the Church long ago to frighten people into total submission and gain control over their lives.
Eternal damnation is completely foreign to Hinduism and Buddhism;
the law of Karma allows each of us to adjust for our wrongdoings by suffering from them in future lives or later in this one,as well as reaping the good resaults of our good actions.
To me and many other people,this makes much more sense than the
one lifetime make it or break it concept of Christianity.
Reincarnation explains why good people seem to suffer unjustly;they are simply reaping what they have sown.Nothing happens to us by chance or accident. It's all cause and effect.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Reincarnation explains why good people seem to suffer unjustly;they are simply reaping what they have sown.Nothing happens to us by chance or accident. It's all cause and effect.
So, based on all your other posts I've read, would you say that the baby who is chopped to pieces in the womb is someone, who in their "previous life", had chosen to have their own baby chopped up? Or is it just someone like you who endorses having babies chopped to pieces? Either/Or?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What about people that don't murder or otherwise try to harm their fellow brother, yet want nothing to do with God, "even if he exists"?

If you were the creator, would you force them to be in your presence, or would you remove them from your presence?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What about people that don't murder or otherwise try to harm their fellow brother, yet want nothing to do with God, "even if he exists"?

I was not including your God in the equation.

If you were the creator, would you force them to be in your presence, or would you remove them from your presence?

IF I had the power, I would permanently remove ALL criminals from society that committed acts which I consider unforgivable.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What if the truly repented? What if they had a genuine change of heart and even wanted the state to execute them to pay for their crime. What if you knew for a fact that they were sincere?

Don't you think a loving God would recognize their sincerity and have mercy on them?

It's not a matter of questioning God's ability to recognize their sincerity, but rather the person's ability to actually be repentant. IMO, people such as Jeffrey Dahmer, Susan Smith and Richard Allen Davis are not/were not capable of being truly repentant for their crimes.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd say one can hope that any particular individual might be saved, but also that one is not obliged to hold onto that hope.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If there were a man for whom there were no hope, that is a man whom God would not have created. :idunno:

OMEGA

NOPE ,

There is only Hope for Vegas Cowboy and his horse.

ps. And maybe Sozo. LOL.

Last edited:

Todah

Is there hope for all people?

No there is one, and only one group of people, that I know of, for whom there is no hope.

There is a group of people commonly labeled five point Calvinists.
They believe God chose them and prepared them for salvation. All others are lost, and without hope.

In probably the greatest irony of all time and eternity, the people who believe this doctrine of Satan, and think they are God's chosen and can never be lost, are in fact the exact opposite.

They are the only ones for whom there is no hope and no salvation, because God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.

There is no greater pride that one "cannot see", concerning one's self, than to say that God chose who would be saved and "I", yes "I" am one of God's chosen.

Oh that they who believe such a demonic doctrine would only turn from their pride and at least say, yes God has chosen who would be saved and who would not, and I must be one who is not. Then God would turn to them, and save them because of their great humility and not their pride.....but alas God has predetermined before all time, that they would never be able to rid themselves of their pride and their self deception, so as to be saved.

How does that feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.