toldailytopic: Is it ever ok to "regift"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Physically speaking in light of Christmas, anything goes. Who cares.

However, spiritually speaking, regifting means going back to Heaven with our gifts, talents, skills ans asking God for a trade-in or store credit or our money back so we can find a new gift that we can buy and learn to adopt and live out in one's life.

Your spiritual gift might be hospitality.

You could go back to God and ask for a trade in for encouragement instead.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm still trying to figure out why people think it is okay to give gifts when you don't know the people well enough to know if they're going to want it. Sadly, the people who are the worst at this are usually your family.

Yes. Jesus Christ laid down His life to save us, even when we were still sinners. And there is no greater love than this, than to lay down your life for another.

There's no greater way of "paying it forward" than that. :)
But in this you do not lose the gift when you do so.

Sheila B

Or...when you give something back to somebody that they gave you and they do not remember it.

:dizzy:
The biggest fear of regifting!

If it's something you know you will not use, like a book that you will never read, and you know someone else who would actually like it and read it, make sure you make a note of who gave it to you.

ps you can tell i regift :doh: the cat is out of the bag now

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:dizzy:
The biggest fear of regifting!

If it's something you know you will not use, like a book that you will never read, and you know someone else who would actually like it and read it, make sure you make a note of who gave it to you.

ps you can tell i regift :doh: the cat is out of the bag now

Because they may say, "You should read the book you gave me."

Meow.​

Sheila B

Because they may say, "You should read the book you gave me."

Meow.​

Once I did get a book from a family member and it did not interest me at all, but since she was keen to know how I liked it I read it and enjoyed it very much. She wanted to read it also, so I gave it to her to read and I have never seen the book again!

Off topic, but it reminded me of that when you made your comment, albeit in this case:
"I want to read the book I gave you."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Certainly not a kitchen appliance to a 4 year olds birthday party.

Status
Not open for further replies.