toldailytopic: Is it ever ok to "regift"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It depends on the situation. As a general rule I never regift unless it is specifically a 'white elephant party' that calls for regifted items.

Nydhogg

I do it all the time...

Clothes wear and tear. We replace worn clothes with new ones, and give the old ones away. Some of the clothes we replace inevitably were gifts.

Same goes with electronics and many other semi-disposable stuff. That video card you got back in 2008? You put a new one into the slot, and odds are someone wants the old card ;).

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If somebody gives you a nice Remington 870 12 ga that you don't want, and you re gift it to Vegascowboy, I guarantee he's going to tell you that you did the right thing!

The Graphite

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 16th, 2010 11:12 AM

toldailytopic: Is it ever ok to "regift"?

Yes. Jesus Christ laid down His life to save us, even when we were still sinners. And there is no greater love than this, than to lay down your life for another.

There's no greater way of "paying it forward" than that. :)

john w

Hall of Fame
White elephant gift exchange?

I've re-gifted before, but it was still new in-box. Surely that's ok...........

Josh

Concur. Last year I gave away my rabbit ears, "The Best of Barry Manilow"(8 track collection), and my Popeil's Pocket Fisherman.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
If you don't like it, and you don't want to take it back to the store, giving it to someone else is re-gifting.

Well why couldn't you have said that they first time?

It's not something I think I have ever done, I'm more prone to take it back. I generally don't get much in the way of bad gifts though. As far as if it's ever OK, I'd be a little offended if someone ever re-gifted something I got them. Well maybe not if the person it ended up going to appreciated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.