toldailytopic: Is Islam a peaceful religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chair

Catholicism is not the original expression of Christianity either. The non-Catholic Christians are closer to the first century foundation that is true.

Your assumption that the "original expression " of Christianity or any other religion is the "true" one is problematic.

Samstarrett

Sounds a bit like catholics. :think:

:rolleyes:

Is there anyone you do like, or is it your life's work to maliciously attack all other Christians? You're an accuser of the brethren, that's what you are.

Maybe I should carpet bomb you till you repent...:think:

On a side note, Jesus shows no mercy to the unrepentant. He will grind them into powder.

Er, no, He won't. In the end, there are no unrepentant. Phil 2:11

chair

Sure, things change, but eternal truths don't change, and absent new revelation, God's revealed commands don't change.

I never said that they did. But how to apply the commands can change, as well as many other things. Even 'simple' things- like what language one prays in.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If you had left it at that, I would have let it alone. I don't like any perversion of the gospel. Including yours, you pervert.

Er, no, He won't. In the end, there are no unrepentant. Phil 2:11

2 Thessalonians

7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

Those who do not believe his gospel, which is what obeying it is, will be judged on their works. The Bible testifies this over and over and over.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I never said that they did. But how to apply the commands can change, as well as many other things. Even 'simple' things- like what language one prays in.

Or God telling Adam not to eat any meat. Then telling Noah to eat all meat. Then telling Moses to not eat some meat. Sam doesn't believe what he reads.

Arthur Brain

If you had left it at that, I would have let it alone. I don't like any perversion of the gospel. Including yours, you pervert.

2 Thessalonians

7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

Those who do not believe his gospel, which is what obeying it is, will be judged on their works. The Bible testifies this over and over and over.

'Pervert'? :squint:

Whereas you, with your impeccable manners and maturity beyond reproach do such a sterling job of "preaching the truth" right? I guess Galatians doesn't really mean much to you does it Nick?

You have constantly shown yourself to be less mature in conduct than the age of your current avatar pic dude. I doubt you'd be happy if there weren't people destined to the 'righteous' suffering you'd have as 'just'.

You're an arrogant bile filled little moron, who spits venom both publicly and privately. Grow up and represent something resembling your age. While you're at it educate yourself as to why those who can reason don't follow your 'hellish' doctrine....

:plain:

Samstarrett

Oh, I'm a pervert now, too, am I? Boy, you are just so impressive. Does Nicky feel like a big boy, using his big boy insults?

2 Thessalonians

I'd try explaining what 'everlasting destruction' really means to you, but you scarcely seem worth the trouble. If anyone else is curious, I'll explain it.

Samstarrett

Sure, but when it comes to doctrine, closer to the last revelation is better. Devotional practice also follows this rule, to a degree, though there's room for flexibility within Christian practice too.

Samstarrett

Moral rules, however, stay the same absent new revelation. So spreading Islam by the sword as acceptable and good still stands.

miriam

Is Islam a peaceful religion?

Depends upon the individual Muslim and their interpretation of the tenets of Islam.

miriam

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Depends upon the individual Muslim and their interpretation of the tenets of Islam.
Would you be for or against capital punishment for those who worship moon gods? How 'bout werewolves? Are you for or against stoning them? :smokie: Deut. 17:2–5.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Stoning werewolves and others who worship and/or howl at the: sun, moon, or any other host of heaven] I for one am against stoning werewolves. :confused:
Islam is not a religion of peace.

[Israel's Bible Bloc by Dennis "Avi" Lipkin] "...[W]hat are the Five Deciptions of Islam that have the World so fooled?

Islam is a religion of love.
Islam is a religion of peace.
Allah is God.
Jesus of Islam is the same as Jesus of Christianity.
The Koran is divine, infallible word of Allah to Mohammed.

Deception number 1 Is Islam a Religion of Love?

..."Love the Lord Thy God" (Deut 6:4-5) and Love Thy Fellow as Thyself" (Lev 19:18)...[T]hese two commandments are absent in the Koran and the Hadith...

[N]owhere in the Koran or the Hadith are Moslems taught to have a loving relationship with Allah. Allah is to be feared not loved...(pg. 20-21, Lipkin)."

See:

Deut 17:2-5 J. Vernon McGee

Status
Not open for further replies.