toldailytopic: Is drinking alcohol a sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If I got a little drunk on New Year's Eve would it be a sin?
Did you mean to? I think disobedience is a willful thing. If you didn't but were affected by the spirits anyway, I'd distinguish what happened to you from, say, a guy who saves up for the bar tab on Friday or Saturday night with the intention of becoming intoxicated. Him I would lump with the drunkard, the only distinction between the acts being a numbers game.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Did you mean to? I think disobedience is a willful thing. If you didn't but were affected by the spirits anyway, I'd distinguish what happened to you from, say, a guy who saves up for the bar tab on Friday or Saturday night with the intention of becoming intoxicated. Him I would lump with the drunkard, the only distinction between the acts being a numbers game.
I have only had two times where I was actually what they would call wasted, and neither time was intentional. I was drinking stuff where you couldn't taste the alcohol and didn't realize how much I had actually had. I found myself unable to move for a time each of those times.

Any other time I would be what one might call drunk I was still in complete control of my body, and I have never been so far gone as to not be fully aware and in control of my actions.

But I have never consumed alcohol without the intent to get at least a buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.