toldailytopic: If guns became illegal to own, would you comply?

Sealeaf

If guns were outlawed and that included the police being disarmed, I think I could live with the law and not attempt to get or make more firearms.

As others have stated I will not, in this public and no doubt monitored forum, state my intention to disobey a law. I'm sure I would have to report the theft of my guns before the law went into effect.

If you don't learn from history you are domed to repeat it. Pre WWII France had gunregistration, when the germans invaded they took the registry list and went out and collected the guns.
America's guns keep Americas politicians relatively honest.

A must read for a concerned American: "Coup de ta: a study in the change of governments" a wonderful little book. It details how an elected head of state goes about preparing for converting his country to a dictatorship with himself as permanent head of state. The scary part is I had read it before watergate and knew that Nixon had put all the pieces in place. We missed blood shed in the streets by a hair. I had purchased 500 round of ammo. I still have it.

Trumpetfolker

Knight,
Only the very foolish think guns are key to freedom.
  1. You need an identity. Who do you belong to? Who belongs to you?Where do you belong?
  2. You need a law. How do you keep the offenders from removing honor from th identity?
  3. You need farms. How will you feed, clothe, teach law, and give identity to the next generation?
  4. You need and economy. You need a way to make sure the stuff that your people produce gets to the needs your people have.
Those who have been given over to senselessness think "Guns". However, those who study the New Covenant with hearts turned to Christ can see with their understanding that, to stand fast in the liberty wherein Christ has made us free, we need to practice the law of Christ. So, we need to repent of the notion that grace is the same as lawlessness.
Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

Ga 6:2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
We have to teach the nations the things the apostles taught the nations.
Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Ac 16:4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.

1 Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

2 Pe 3:1 ¶ This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Knight,
Guns don't make a people free. Many have pawned away guns just to get money to buy food and gas.
Things you need in order to stand fast in the liberty wherein Christ has set you free:
  1. Identity. You don't know who you are. You don't know where you're supposed to be. You don't know who is yours. You don't know who belongs to you.
  2. A Law: You will never have identity because you will never find any who will agree to a way to judge offenders. Offenders add sin to the identity.
  3. Organization: You will never be free because the TV, the Web, your employers, and your lenders control your relationships and time.
  4. An economy: You have to have real estate to produce the resources necessary to remain free. You have to have a means for distribution. The other guys own the highways, and you guys don't even know where the rest of you are in order to distribute.
Without the four things above (and the list could be extended), resistance to gun control would make you nothing more than hoodlums. Everybody would be glad to turn you in.
Fortunately, the New Testament commandments will always be ready to guide true believers into the four things written, above, when people, at last, begin realizing that, if they don't consent to the law of Christ, they will consent to the law of mere men- and pay for it with their freedom.
And the law of Christ will guide us into taking back freedom as peacemakers.
The Presbyterians, by the law of Christ, gave Americans a plan for maintaining the most freedom you can have while being yoked together with unbelievers. Evangelicals, by turning grace into lasciviousness, sold their children to the wicked.

Knight,
  1. You need an identity. Who do you belong to? Who belongs to you?Where do you belong?
  2. You need a law. How do you keep the offenders from removing honor from th identity?
  3. You need farms. How will you feed, clothe, teach law, and give identity to the next generation?
  4. You need and economy. You need a way to make sure the stuff that your people produce gets to the needs your people have.
Those who have been given over to senselessness think "Guns". However, those who study the New Covenant with hearts turned to Christ can see with their understanding that, to stand fast in the liberty wherein Christ has made us free, we need to practice the law of Christ. So, we need to repent of the notion that grace is the same as lawlessness.

We have to teach the nations the things the apostles taught the nations.

ITT We answer questions no-one is currently asking. :plain:

Yeah, cool....agree 100%(*edit: Well, not 100%....about 90%) Now, why don't you just answer the question rather than fussing about on your stump about other issues. You know, you can start your own thread if you want. :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,

Shut up, fool.

Luke 22:36

36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.

Trumpetfolker

Dear Nukem NickM,
So, you would oblige me to observe a commandment of Christ. Ironically, the reason for that commandment had nothing to do with freedom.
Lk 22:37 For I say unto you that this that is written must yet be accomplished in Me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
The written things concerning Christ have an end. Being counted among transgressors was part of that end. Being with civilians who carried a sword made Him look like He was with transgressors- hoodlums.
Nevertheless, I am thrilled to obey Christ's command and let you have your sword, Nick. Why? Those who live by the sword die by the sword.
Gig 'em, NickM.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If guns became illegal to own, would you comply?

Sure. I'm an officer of the court and a law abiding citizen...who's great with a compound bow. :eek:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
If guns became illegal to own, would you comply?

Sure. I'm an officer of the court and a law abiding citizen...who's great with a compound bow. :eek:

Then there are those that will expand the list and change the defintion to include baseball bats, knives, cars, etc.

We would end up eating with our bare hands while sitting around the fire..?...wait, fire can be used as a weapon :jawdrop: :dizzy: :chuckle:

bybee

Dear Nukem NickM,
So, you would oblige me to observe a commandment of Christ. Ironically, the reason for that commandment had nothing to do with freedom.

The written things concerning Christ have an end. Being counted among transgressors was part of that end. Being with civilians who carried a sword made Him look like He was with transgressors- hoodlums.
Nevertheless, I am thrilled to obey Christ's command and let you have your sword, Nick. Why? Those who live by the sword die by the sword.
Gig 'em, NickM.

No, he will defend his family.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Perhaps you should have phrased it like this Knight:

When communist tyrants go door to door confiscating guns, after seeing your neighbor executed on his front porch for telling them that he doesn't own any, will you give up yours?

Last edited:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Perhaps you should have phrased it like this Knight:

When communist tyrants go door to door confiscating guns, after seeing your neighbor executed on his front porch for telling them they he doesn't own any, will you give up yours?

One that would wait for that event has no right to freedom!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shut up, fool.

Luke 22:36

36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.

Why don't you stop being so thick? He's right. Firearms are not the key to freedom.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
One that would wait for that event has no right to freedom!

Yet it's be done in EVERY communist country throughout the world.

Are you saying that those 100's of millions of people aren't worthy of freedom, or that we (US Christians) should do something (like be active in the political scene) so that it doesn't happen here?

Trumpetfolker

lightbringer,
When the 1%ers become the .5 ers, they will use the government as a totally-owned subsidiary to make and keep the 99.5%ers from messing with their control.
The love of money is the root ofall evil- not communism.