toldailytopic: I get sad when I see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy

There's not much that defeats my optimistic/jokester demeanor except for when I see children, puppies or kittens suffering. Well there has been a few times I've been stuck in traffic gridlock which makes me feel like a mindless zombie tool of society but then I realized I left the house too early in the evening heh, then I go back home until 9 or so.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Matthew 5:22 (KJV)
Is it your argument that I have no cause to call you a fool?

Genesis 4:15 (KJV)
‘But if he strikes him with an iron implement, so that he dies, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. And if he strikes him with a stone in the hand, by which one could die, and he does die, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. Or if he strikes him with a wooden hand weapon, by which one could die, and he does die, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. The avenger of blood himself shall put the murderer to death; when he meets him, he shall put him to death. If he pushes him out of hatred or, while lying in wait, hurls something at him so that he dies, or in enmity he strikes him with his hand so that he dies, the one who struck him shall surely be put to death. He is a murderer. The avenger of blood shall put the murderer to death when he meets him.
-Numbers 35:16-21

Whoever kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death on the testimony of witnesses; but one witness is not sufficient testimony against a person for the death penalty. Moreover you shall take no ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death.
-Numbers 35:30-31

Strawman.
Really?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Is it your argument that I have no cause to call you a fool?
I believe it is Jesus' assessment of the consequences. That you have "no cause" is obvious.
‘But if he strikes him with an iron implement, so that he dies, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. And if he strikes him with a stone in the hand, by which one could die, and he does die, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. Or if he strikes him with a wooden hand weapon, by which one could die, and he does die, he is a murderer; the murderer shall surely be put to death. The avenger of blood himself shall put the murderer to death; when he meets him, he shall put him to death. If he pushes him out of hatred or, while lying in wait, hurls something at him so that he dies, or in enmity he strikes him with his hand so that he dies, the one who struck him shall surely be put to death. He is a murderer. The avenger of blood shall put the murderer to death when he meets him.
-Numbers 35:16-21

Whoever kills a person, the murderer shall be put to death on the testimony of witnesses; but one witness is not sufficient testimony against a person for the death penalty. Moreover you shall take no ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death.
-Numbers 35:30-31
Great quote! Do you have a point or is this another diversionary strawman?
Yes.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I believe it is Jesus' assessment of the consequences. That you have "no cause" is obvious.
You believe I have no cause because you're a fool.

Great quote! Do you have a point or is this another diversionary strawman?
Did you forget the topic of conversation already?

I said, "A murderer is better off dead than if he were to continue to murder. Those who would be his victims will be better off if he is dead." You returned with, "And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him." [Genesis 4:15] Cain murdered Abel before God had made any laws regarding murder. God made new commandments regarding murder and what should happen to the murderer, after that incident. And God's new commands trump His old commands when they contradict. Think of it as a repeal of the old when the new comes.

How is it a straw man?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
What if someone tells you God would rather you die than to continue in such deep depravity, for death would truly be better than to live a long life in such a cesspool?
Show me where Jesus or one of the Apostles ever taught such a notion and I will believe you. Otherwise, claiming that God wants you dead is nothing more than the "wisdom" of man. And it does far more harm than good. Tell P66 that God wants P66 dead because of P66's sexual immorality. Then have somebody as P66 if P66 would like to hear about the saving grace of Jesus to which P66 would quite reasonable respond, "You mean the Jesus who wants me dead?" You tell people that God wants them dead and from that point on you have hardened that persons heart against God and doomed them to hell all because you could not explain the reason for the hope in your heart so you condemned.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Show me where Jesus or one of the Apostles ever taught such a notion and I will believe you. Otherwise, claiming that God wants you dead is nothing more than the "wisdom" of man. And it does far more harm than good. Tell P66 that God wants P66 dead because of P66's sexual immorality. Then have somebody as P66 if P66 would like to hear about the saving grace of Jesus to which P66 would quite reasonable respond, "You mean the Jesus who wants me dead?" You tell people that God wants them dead and from that point on you have hardened that persons heart against God and doomed them to hell all because you could not explain the reason for the hope in your heart so you condemned.
I can show you where God taught such a notion. Seeing as how He is the One we are discussing I believe that would be more pertinent.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
You believe I have no cause because you're a fool.
2 Timothy 2:16 (KJV) Consider it done.
Did you forget the topic of conversation already?
Which one? The one actually under discussion or the one you're trying to concoct?
I said, "A murderer is better off dead than if he were to continue to murder. Those who would be his victims will be better off if he is dead." You returned with, "And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him." [Genesis 4:15] Cain murdered Abel before God had made any laws regarding murder. God made new commandments regarding murder and what should happen to the murderer, after that incident. And God's new commands trump His old commands when they contradict. Think of it as a repeal of the old when the new comes.
:darwinsm: Ridiculous. 2 Peter 1:20-21 (KJV)
How is it a straw man?
You're trying to assign to me an argument I did not make and then using some weird line of discourse to prove yourself correct. To do so, you introduce errors in Biblical teachings. 2 Peter 2:1 (KJV)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Can you show it from the New Covenant?
Can you show me from the New Covenant that those commands were repealed?

2 Timothy 2:16 (KJV) Consider it done.
:yawn:

Which one? The one actually under discussion or the one you're trying to concoct?
Moron.

:darwinsm: Ridiculous. 2 Peter 1:20-21 (KJV)
What does that have to do with anything?

You're trying to assign to me an argument I did not make and then using some weird line of discourse to prove yourself correct. To do so, you introduce errors in Biblical teachings. 2 Peter 2:1 (KJV)
I said God wants murderers dead and you offered the story of Cain and Abel where God didn't want anyone to kill Abel. So if I was wrong about your argument what were you trying to say then? Just quoting or referencing verses does not tell anyone what you think it means.

And what errors?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Can you show me from the New Covenant that those commands were repealed?

:yawn:

Moron.

What does that have to do with anything?

I said God wants murderers dead and you offered the story of Cain and Abel where God didn't want anyone to kill Abel. So if I was wrong about your argument what were you trying to say then? Just quoting or referencing verses does not tell anyone what you think it means.

And what errors?

:rotfl: :wave2: 'Bye. I have fulfilled my obligation from Ezekiel 3:19 (KJV)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.