toldailytopic: How would you feel about serving in the military with openly gay soldi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And now a few words from the ACLU apologist:
You know, it would speed things up if you just changed your username to Saidtheliar...or Sadtheliar...either, really.

Ah yes, the "Christian principle" of "do your own thing, as long as it's consensual". I forgot, sorry.
Rather, the American principle of personal liberty coupled with the Christian notion of individual moral accountability before God.

Selwyn Duke had you in mind when he wrote this article entitled:

"Why Many American Christians Really are Un-Christian":
Gandhi had you in mind when he said,

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”

Or maybe,

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
"Let us be blunt: It is simply not possible to espouse relativism — which holds that right and wrong are opinion — and be a true Christian.
He appears to confuse the unwillingness to act as the moral arbiter of one's neighbor as a declaration of relativism. It isn't. When the nature and character of that moral choice are between a man and God I'm not needed and my interference is nothing more than hubris and the sort of arrogant pride Christ decried when he faced it. It's the very face of those who hung him on a cross.

I'll tell you the same thing that I told a bunch of "proud" sodomites...
Aren't you afraid of ruining your Thanksgiving toast?

"If you think that you can "beat" God, you're bigger fools than I gave you credit for."
And if you think you're the judge of that, you're more foolish still. Of course, that is about as on topic as the weather in Kansas, but I don't suppose you see it.

If we as a society continue to mock God's Word, His "wrath" will continue to grow.
Then it should be unbelievable in another three or four thousand years...no, sorry, that would be you and right now. :plain:

Last edited:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:plain: I think I'll just leave this here...

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (New American Standard Bible)

9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people;

10 I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world.

11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler--not even to eat with such a one.

12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?

13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

rexlunae

I have to agree with Knight on this one. My husband was in the Marine Corps back in the late 70's, early 80's. There was a flamboyant homosexual serving with him and even though they got along ok, my husband had to put up with his exaggerated "femininity." That kind of behavior is a bit difficult to tolerate under the circumstances.

That's life. Sometimes you have to put up with people you don't like. Unless there was something that rose to the level of harassment of some sort, I don't see where this needs to have any further implications.

A couple of weeks ago, my husband (who is now a cop) had to respond to a sexual assault at a military base. It seems there was a party and a certain gay soldier (Army) claimed he was drugged and assaulted by another soldier. His whole story was bogus (I'd explain, but it's too disgusting!) and who knows what the consequences will be.

Well, as with any other case of sexual harassment, there are institutions in place to sort out the bogus ones from the genuine ones.

This whole "openly gay" thing will undoubtedly lead to a lot more of this garbage!

You have, in the one case, a situation which might be annoying, but isn't illegal, and clearly shouldn't be, and in the other case a potential false claim which has little to do with the sexual orientations of the participants, and quite a number of parallel cases involving heterosexuals could be easily dug up. And on this basis you want to continue the current discrimination against gays?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Pentagon survey finds troops, their families don't care if gays serve

08:39 AM CDT on Friday, October 29, 2010

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON – An internal Pentagon study has found that most U.S. troops and their families don't care whether gays are allowed to serve openly and think the policy of "don't ask, don't tell" could be done away with, according to officials familiar with its findings.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...onttell_29nat.ART.State.Edition1.47c7525.html

Status
Not open for further replies.