toldailytopic: Gun control. Should there be any limit to the type of gun or weapon th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
are you saying that if a state like Texas or Arizona wanted to break away and they had over a million citizens willing to fight, the army would put them down in a NY minute?

No, I'm referring to a revolution not an individual state withdrawing from the Union.

i know the military has much power, but are they going to use that power to fight against many of their own kind?

^^They would employ what ever weapons short of nuclear that they felt they needed too, if, the President decided that a revolution was taking place.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...Only idiots consent to searches...
They may try to bully you into allowing a search by asking what you have to hide.

Practice this phrase. I was advised by my attorney, to never wave any of my constitutional rights.

King Ogre

^^They would employ what ever weapons short of nuclear that they felt they needed too, if, the President decided that a revolution was taking place.

Enemies foreign and domestic....That isn't an oath you or I take lightly my friend. I may no longer be in the service, but I'm still a Marine. If there was a revolution in this state, I'd help put it down.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Enemies foreign and domestic....That isn't an oath you or I take lightly my friend. I may no longer be in the service, but I'm still a Marine. If there was a revolution in this state, I'd help put it down.

Even if the revolution seemed justified to you?

doodlebug

No, I'm referring to a revolution not an individual state withdrawing from the Union.

that would be terrible all those citizens killed. would the public stand for it? would the whole nation go down the drain?

i think if one state wanted to leave the union, it could and it would then be treated like a foreign country.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
that would be terrible all those citizens killed. would the public stand for it? would the whole nation go down the drain?

i think if one state wanted to leave the union, it could and it would then be treated like a foreign country.

Even though there are people talking, I really don't think it would come to that, at least I hope not, I don't want to ever think that I would be looking across a battlefield at my fellow Americans.

doodlebug

Even though there are people talking, I really don't think it would come to that, at least I hope not, I don't want to ever think that I would be looking across a battlefield at my fellow Americans.

I hear ya there and I hope so too, but if should come, the best thing would be to let them go. i would hate to see a states war with modern weapons. :sigh:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber

None of us took the Oath lightly!

And we all, each one of us, would need to decide, which side of the hypothetical line we will stand...both sides will be declaring that they are the American side.

I will defend the Constitution as it stands, against enemies both foreign and domestic.

GuySmiley

Had an interesting discussion with two former lifer Marines while in California about the whole gun issue. They're now in law enforcement and own several guns between them. Their take was an armed uprising of people who actually know how to use their weapons would take about a minute, minute and a half to put down by professionals who were trained to fight, organized, and well equipped.

Gun ownership is a right, don't mistake me, but they're a placebo where the sentiment of revolution is concerned.
They obviously never saw Red Dawn. :chuckle:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
are you saying that if a state like Texas or Arizona wanted to break away and they had over a million citizens willing to fight, the army would put them down in a NY minute?

The Republic of Texizona...hmmmm. Kind of like the sound of that. Can we add Nevada to the list?

I'm ready. :Clete:

The Berean

They obviously never saw Red Dawn. :chuckle:

Wolverines!!!!!

800px-Wolverine_on_rock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.