toldailytopic: Election 2010: What candidates or issues to you feel passionately abou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 1st, 2010 09:17 AM

toldailytopic: Election 2010: What candidates or issues to you feel passionately about and why?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Babies are so cute. We shouldn't kill them.

That's why I feel passionately about Amendment 62 here in Colorado.

YES ON 62!!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's true. But many Republicans also want to kill babies that's why it's important to vote for pro-life candidates.

do you understand how congress is controlled by the party in power?
and
do you understand what is in the party platform?

WizardofOz

and

You've got one party whose members tell you they won't do anything to change abortion laws.

You've got another party whose members tell you they will do everything they can to change abortion laws.....then do nothing.

Is there a significant difference between the two in regard to abortion?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
and
Do you understand right versus wrong?

Politics isn't a good reason to cast your vote for a person who wants to kill babies regardless of the letter before his name.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I have no idea if there is anyone, or anything, worth voting for in my area.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Do you understand right versus wrong?

Politics isn't a good reason to cast your vote for a person who wants to kill babies regardless of the letter before his name.

I understand the only way to make a difference regarding abortion is to change who is on the Supreme Court

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So wouldn't you want to vote for people running for senate who are pro-life? :idunno:

you should know history
which
tells us that the democratic senate was able to block Bork
and
later we had to settle for Kennedy
and
you should know how close to being conservative he is

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
you should know history
which
tells us that the democratic senate was able to block Bork
and
later we had to settle for Kennedy
and
you should know how close to being conservative he is
I hear what you are saying... to a point.

What about liberal Republicans who tend to vote pro-choice on the issues?

Do you vote for them because they have a "R" in front of their name?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I hear what you are saying... to a point.

What about liberal Republicans who tend to vote pro-choice on the issues?

Do you vote for them because they have a "R" in front of their name?

yes because they will vote party line on most key issues

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I'm shocked. It's not that hard to find out. votesmart.org
This is the first I've heard of such a website. And they don't give out information on the issues. Not really. Some politicians will hand out fliers with the information they want you to have on themselves, and there are a few commercials. But the commercials are usually for Indianapolis, nothing for Anderson.

Thank you for the site, though. I will check it out.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I’m excited to vote tomorrow here in Pittsburgh, PA

First off is governor; right now the polls show the Republican Tom Corbett leading the Democrat Dan Onorato by 10 points. The winner will be replacing Democrat Ed Rendell.

Next is a Senate seat. Now that Arlen Specter is gone (after 40 years) we can put a real Republican in the Senate. Currently Republican Pat Toomey is leading Joe Sestak by 5 points.

Next, my U.S Represenative. It is between the incumbent Democrat Jason Altmire and Republican Keith Rothfus. Right now the race is pretty even.

To no one’s surprise, I’m hoping for a Republican sweep in the three big races above.

There is also a good chance a Republican will win my State Senator and State Rep races too.

I’m with Chrysostom, and hope everyone else will “yank the Republican lever” tomorrow. Whether you like the Republican or not, there is a good chance the Republican will vote against Obama.

Even someone like Christine O'Donnell is good, because she's a vote against Obama.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I’m excited to vote tomorrow here in Pittsburgh, PA

First off is governor; right now the polls show the Republican Tom Corbett leading the Democrat Dan Onorato by 10 points. The winner will be replacing Democrat Ed Rendell.

Next is a Senate seat. Now that Arlen Specter is gone (after 40 years) we can put a real Republican in the Senate. Currently Republican Pat Toomey is leading Joe Sestak by 5 points.

Next, my U.S Represenative. It is between the incumbent Democrat Jason Altmire and Republican Keith Rothfus. Right now the race is pretty even.

To no one’s surprise, I’m hoping for a Republican sweep in the three big races above.

There is also a good chance a Republican will win my State Senator and State Rep races too.

I’m with Chrysostom, and hope everyone else will “yank the Republican lever” tomorrow. Whether you like the Republican or not, there is a good chance the Republican will vote against Obama.

Even someone like Christine O'Donnell is good, because she's a vote against Obama.
There is no such thing as a vote against a politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.