toldailytopic: Does your opinion about homosexuality change if the behavior turns out

Arthur Brain

can I guess what verse a non-Christian scripturally ignorant neo-nazi is referring to?

Why would I be so foolish as to try? :idunno:

Well you've been dumb enough so far so why stop now? You've shown yourself up to be a complete troll so may as well go the 'whole hog' as it were! :thumb:

Lon

I already have Lon. Women were oppressed, slaves, and children themselves in 'work houses' etc.....how one can equate tolerance towards adults and consensual homosexual relationships with acceptance of child molestation is just plain deluded....

:plain:
And I'm saying show me statistics, studies, anything that shows these previous stats hold no water. It is like...we've finally bought into relative truth or something for you to even bring up 'deluded.' I guess it is just me, but my mind is made up by the facts rather than popular opinion.

All I've ever asked for is those facts. They can change my perception on these matters like no opinion or agenda ever could. So far, I'm getting the latter.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'll assert again, you are the bigot.

Well fortunately I could care less what a dope like you thinks of someone like me.

I'm studied this topic 150% more than you have.

:rotfl:

Wow. You really do like your stats, even the ones that you completely make up.:rotfl:

It is more than evident to me that something emotional is going on with your rejection of Christianity that has very little to do with academic integrity.

What are you now, a shrink? Let's not lose sight of something: you're going out of your way to justify hating a minority. I'm not the one with the problem here you bonehead.

I'm through with this thread. Normally smart people are wasting their time with sod and now I've gome some homophobic bigot who's so deluded, naive, stupid, and self-impressed that he thinks he can read my mind and know my heart. Your problem isn't that you're a fool, Lon. Your problem is that you know how ignorant and foolish you are and keep on persisting at it because it's amusing to you. That's beyond pathetic. Get out more and get a life. Hating gay people doesn't make you a better or stronger person. It makes you weak, and very, very transparent.

:loser:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Actually, according to you I do just that I am too proud or whatever to admit. So you think anyway.

I don't even think the story is true at all no matter who describes it to me or how they describe it to me. I mean to point out just how absurd it appears.

Do you or do you not believe that our wretchedness or inherent 'guilt' at birth is due to the fall?

Get stuffed.

That will be my default response to you when you presume so much as to attempt to read my mind and tell me what I think. You can't demonstrate it and it is nothing more than a conceited smear.

A God sacrifice or human sacrifice makes no difference. I do not embrace anyone's sacrifice and won't be told that I am bound by anyone's sacrifice. That it was the "death that made the difference" says nothing really. God could have just decreed that eating an apple cake was the difference and it would have been just so. That is how arbitrary it appears to be.

Does my criticism of what you are telling me not count as an indirect assessment of what you think God did? I don't think God made any mistakes at all or had any accomplishments seeing as I am an atheist and don't think God exists. I naturally think the method of redemption itself that you present is absurd and immoral and therefore by a simple definition a mistake.

I might. But I don't now.

How does God know that people would reject him if given evidence in the form of a meeting? Or do you mean to suggest that another opportunity exists there?

Get stuffed.

That would be thought-crime, sir. I don't approve of the adulation of any man or deity who would hold me responsible for what I think. I would add furthermore that any being that insists upon worship will not receive it from me. Non Serviam.

I wouldn't. I might still say Non Serviam though.

Well apparently that's what people are doing. You at least. You seem quite happy making stuff up about other people and lying about their motives so I'll do the same about you.

Is that fair?

You appear to have a slightly different spin on vicarious redemption than genuineoriginal. That said your response here makes no impact on what I said. The 'safety equipment' is monopolized by God who has rigged all other safety equipment to fail (Islam).
I perused your post before responding and I began to realize that I was getting bored. My mind needs constant stimulation and you are just argumentative rather than engaging. And then I saw your posit that God rigged Islam to fail; you're an idiot with a ridiculous argument. God is not responsible for Islam and therefore cannot be held responsible for its failure, just like Chevrolet cannot be held responsible if your Ford breaks down.:doh:

You're boring and too much of a moron; I'm done.

Skavau

I perused your post before responding and I began to realize that I was getting bored. My mind needs constant stimulation and you are just argumentative rather than engaging. And then I saw your posit that God rigged Islam to fail; you're an idiot with a ridiculous argument. God is not responsible for Islam and therefore cannot be held responsible for its failure, just like Chevrolet cannot be held responsible if your Ford breaks down.:doh:

You're boring and too much of a moron; I'm done.

It is an analogy, of course. If you're going to involve yourself in pedantry that I'll simply say that you believe God is happy enough to watch as millions of people get suckered into believing a different and living what they believe to be their path to redemption and watches arms folded as his circumstances for salvation necessarily condemn them to eternal torment.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It is an analogy, of course. If you're going to involve yourself in pedantry that I'll simply say that you believe God is happy enough to watch as millions of people get suckered into believing a different and living what they believe to be their path to redemption and watches arms folded as his circumstances for salvation necessarily condemn them to eternal torment.
You are nothing but argumentative. I actually want to answer some of your points, but you don't actually care, so why should I?

If someone who is actually interested in conversation and dialogue wants to talk about I'll respond then.

Skavau

You are nothing but argumentative. I actually want to answer some of your points, but you don't actually care, so why should I?

If someone who is actually interested in conversation and dialogue wants to talk about I'll respond then.

I am very argumentative, yes. If I didn't care though I wouldn't be arguing the issue full stop. I responded to you with aggressively and dismissively because you were making claims about my character.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well fortunately I could care less what a dope like you thinks ....................:

Wow. You really do like your stats.................

What are you now, a shrink? .................

I may disagree with you, but you are funny in a rather sincere way, making it more hilarious!

You silly person!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Does your opinion about homosexuality change if the behavior turns out to be genetic?

It would change my opinion as to what it is, that is, I would say there is a proven abnormality, not a personal choice. Then if by the same, should be the case for pedophiles, I see no reason that changed opinion to condone the action. So, yes it changes my analysis, or understanding, but has no bearing on my condoning it.

Lon

Well fortunately I could care less what a dope like you thinks of someone like me.
:rotfl:

Wow. You really do like your stats, even the ones that you completely make up.:rotfl:
Oh, I don't believe this. It is always you who engages me, not the other way around. I am not sure I've ever struck up the conversation, so of course, I see agendization from you in doing so when you write stuff like this both above and below. I just don't believe you, whether you know this about yourself or not. You waited three days for this 'needed' response afterall.
Your engagements with me often appear emotional to me.

What are you now, a shrink? Let's not lose sight of something: you're going out of your way to justify hating a minority. I'm not the one with the problem here you bonehead.
Nope, and don't have to be to see obvious patterns in our continuing conversations. Any bonehead could see it?

I'm through with this thread. Normally smart people are wasting their time with sod and now I've gome some homophobic bigot who's so deluded, naive, stupid, and self-impressed that he thinks he can read my mind and know my heart.
Yeah, imagine the audacity, right? Oh.....wait....you are the one that has been doing that to me all thread. This particular thread isn't about 'what' you believe about homosexuality, it is about what would change if genetics were varified one way or the other, whether you are for it or against it. You and a few others jumped way past the OP to voice your stance on the broad subject of homosexuality. I 'think/believe' there is something wrong with it. That makes a bigot? I think/believe there is something wrong with adultery. That makes me a bigot? Wow. I really don't care who you think is a bigot. Getting back to percentages that I seem to enjoy, you have been right zero percent or at least zero percent meaningful in any conversation where 'bigot' is so carelessly tossed around.

Your problem isn't that you're a fool, Lon. Your problem is that you know how ignorant and foolish you are and keep on persisting at it because it's amusing to you. That's beyond pathetic. Get out more and get a life. Hating gay people doesn't make you a better or stronger person. It makes you weak, and very, very transparent.

So, thinking it is a problematic lifestyle makes me a hater? Thinking adultery is an injurious lifestyle makes me a bigot? You are importing a lot of stuff on me (why I called you the bigot). You can lump all us 'evil' christians together all you like, and you do it to others, I've seen their responses to you. So, whether you recognize it in yourself or not really hasn't a lot to do with me. I am not a psychologist, but it seems to me you don't really need a degree to see these kinds of things from observed repetitions. There are a few psychologists on here. I think they'd say the same thing here: "it at least has every appearance and indication."