toldailytopic: Did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary

jeffblue101

Define "blue".
the color blue represents a portion of the electromagnetic spectrum at the 450 to 495 nm wavelengths.

My definition of "evil" will get me banned for blasphemy . . . again . . . trust me.
I'm sure that your definition of evil is indeed blasphemous to the God who created you but for sake of this discussion I need a definition so I Know where you are coming from.

Silent Hunter

the color blue represents a portion of the electromagnetic spectrum at the 450 to 495 nm wavelengths.
. . . and that means what . . . exactly . . . to a blind man?

I'm sure that your definition of evil is indeed blasphemous to the God who created you but for sake of this discussion I need a definition so I Know where you are coming from.
My definition of "evil" will be blasphemous to the moderators of TOL who I fear more than ANY deity . . . :chuckle:.

For the sake of the discussion . . . killing children is "evil".

sky.

BANNED
Banned

My definition of "evil" will be blasphemous to the moderators of TOL who I fear more than ANY deity . . . :chuckle:.

And why does an Atheist get to discuss God? You need to learn to be "silent".

jeffblue101

the color blue still exists regardless if you can see it or not. Just like a tree falling in a forest makes sound regardless if someone is there to see it.

this is an example of something that is evil but it does not define evil.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Did God predestine this tragedy?

Answer: NO!

Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;

Man is responsible for this wickedness not God.

The answer of this freegrace believer is no as emphatically as yours. I do not know what Calvin taught with regard to evil and predestiny.

You say with James that EVERY man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires...and enticed.

That is he is led on, he is led on under the same deception that A&E were led on under...that is freewill. He believed he was acting by himself when in fact he was acting under bondage to a wicked, cruel and murderous spirit.

If the church taught people the truth that outside of Christ man's will is in bondage to the Prince of the power of the air as Paul taught and is a slave to sin and not free it is possible that men and women [who are slaves to sex, drugs etc] may recognise the truth and cry to be saved.

While they believe that they are free they do not see the direness of their true plight.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Good question. Either.... evil would have less meaning OR God would be evil.

Another good question. The answer is... freedom. While it's tragic that free people do evil things, the alternative is far worse. The only way for God to not allow people the freedom to do evil things would be for Him to remove their freedom. If humans had no freedom it would defeat the purpose of God creating us in the first place (i.e., to have a loving relationship).

Imagine the father that locks his child in the closet because he is afraid they might hurt themselves or someone else. That father is evil.

A good father allows his children some degree of freedom even though he knows that freedom could lead to pain.

This I disagree with. Man was created free, he exchanged his freedom for bondage, righteousness for sin, life for death.

That young man was not free he was a slave to a wicked spirit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
As fodder to further this interesting discussion I would like to ask a couple of questions . . .

1. IF the christian deity had predestined and/or orchestrated the events at Sandy Hook Elementary School would it still have been an evil act?

2. IF, as I think we all agree, the events at Sandy Hook Elementary School was an evil act, why didn't the christian deity do anything to stop it?

The fact is we know those children [those darling children] are now eternally in the care of God.

Another fact is that tragedy is coming to every man and every woman of a much greater sorrow and anguish than that which occured in Connetticut. It comes because man is blinded by wicked unbelief. You are a servant of the devil propagating this wicked unbelief.

Every now and then the lid gets lifted off the seething wickedness that is in the bosom of men and women and what the potential of that wickedness is. Be warned that you are on the side of this darkness. You see it for what it is at that school, how merciless and cruel it is. When the light is altogether gone out of society [which you are actively working toward] how deep that darkness will be.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes God could have stopped it. And people will go on with sin in their hearts like poison unaware. But the poison is there, now we have seen it's manifestation.

The opportunity God gives through Christ is to lance that poison and get it out at the cross and recieve healing....there is no other cure.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre?

No.

Did God predestine this tragedy?

Answer: NO!

Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;

Man is responsible for this wickedness not God.
^This.

Silent Hunter

The fact is we know those children [those darling children] are now eternally in the care of God.
No we don't. The only fact we know regarding these children is that they are dead.

Another fact is that tragedy is coming to every man and every woman of a much greater sorrow and anguish than that which occured in Connetticut. It comes because man is blinded by wicked unbelief. You are a servant of the devil propagating this wicked unbelief.
Yep . . . we're all going to die.

Every now and then the lid gets lifted off the seething wickedness that is in the bosom of men and women and what the potential of that wickedness is. Be warned that you are on the side of this darkness. You see it for what it is at that school, how merciless and cruel it is. When the light is altogether gone out of society [which you are actively working toward] how deep that darkness will be.
:bang:

Silent Hunter

Yes God could have stopped it. And people will go on with sin in their hearts like poison unaware. But the poison is there, now we have seen it's manifestation.

The opportunity God gives through Christ is to lance that poison and get it out at the cross and recieve healing....there is no other cure.
:blabla:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God is not the author of sin. However, holy God warns wicked men and nations, of certain judgments that will come in response to their unbelieving and idolatrous ways.

What I do know for sure, is that God will bring good out of this evil. That is His promise to all those who love Him. Romans 8:28

Nang