toldailytopic: Did God predestine and therefore orchestrate the Sandy Hook Elementary

lifeisgood

Did God predestine this tragedy?

Answer: NO!

Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted by God; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;

Man is responsible for this wickedness not God.

Agreed!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I believe God knew the shooting was going to happen. I don't
know Open View but I think in Open View God had no idea that
was going to happen. Right?

God being in multiple places during multiple times as well as all
at the same time makes no sense to a human mind.

God can know what someone is going to choose and not be responsible for that choice.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IF I were a believer, I would say that God allowed it ...

Regardless, the person responsible for this tragedy is the shooter and possibly those close to him IF they were aware he was a serious threat to others.

ThePresbyteers

God can know what someone is going to choose and not be responsible for that choice.
Right but God arranges something that causes choices to be made. God
puts the Bible in your face through other means and you chose to read it
otherwise He keep doing that til you do read it is His Will for you to read it.
He did it without forcing you to read it. Who is going to walk around with a
book in the face without peeking into it.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
IF I were a believer, I would say that God allowed it ...

Regardless, the person responsible for this tragedy is the shooter and possibly those close to him IF they were aware he was a serious threat to others.

Even a tragedy such as this can bring people to belief in the midst of it.

A question that people often don't ask in a situation like this is "how many people were saved because if it"?

Because of something like this how many people have been checked to remind themselves of how precious life is? How many people have had to dig deep and help and comfort each other?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
IF the christian deity is not evil, and, given the events at Sandy Hook Elementary School, how do you account for the times when the christian deity has been responsible for the orchestration of the killing of children such as the flood and the conquest of Palestine?
Apparently that was a very special circumstance something that we have never seen in our lifetime...

Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them. 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

To save creation God hit the reboot command.

bybee

Even a tragedy such as this can bring people to belief in the midst of it.

A question that people often don't ask in a situation like this is "how many people were saved because if it"?

Because of something like this how many people have been checked to remind themselves of how precious life is? How many people have had to dig deep and help and comfort each other?

Beautiful and insightful response Sky!
Thank you.

Silent Hunter

Apparently that was a very special circumstance something that we have never seen in our lifetime...

Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them. 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

To save creation God hit the reboot command.
You mean that those EVIL children justifiably needed to die?

So much for free will . . . :sigh:.

What about the slaughter of children during the Palestinian Conquest? In my opinion you can't honestly use the Ctrl/Alt/Delete excuse for that act of barbarism?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean that those poor EVIL children really needed to die?
Apparently all of mankind (except Noah and his family) were corrupt. There are some really interesting theories as to what that corruption was all about but that's well beyond the scope of this thread.

What about the slaughter of children during the Palestinian Conquest? You can't use the Ctrl/Alt/Delete excuse for them.
Children die in war. It's tragic but that is the result when your nation is wicked.

Children died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and that was tragic. But that is often times the consequence when your nation is wicked.

genuineoriginal

It all depends on your view of humanity.. are we basically good, or are we basically bad.

I believe we are basically bad.. from birth we are selfish and despise those more fortunate than us.

Did Adam eat from the tree of Total Depravity, or did he eat from the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil?

I believe we are both good and evil.
We can choose to do what is good and right.
We can also choose to do what is evil and wrong.

jeremysdemo

Children died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and that was tragic. But that is often times the consequence when your nation is wicked.

can the same be said for America at this point?

or do you still consider this a nation under God?

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
can the same be said for America at this point?

or do you still consider this a nation under God?
The gunman who shot the children in the Connecticut Elementary School wasn't representing a nation that had declared war on the United States of America.

Were you born this dumb or do you work at at?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Having mental illness doesn't mean you are not free. In fact, your statement doesn't even make sense. Everyone has a will. That doesn't mean they don't have physical or mental problems that might effect what they do with their will.

Paulos' statement makes a lot of sense to me. If mental problems affect one's free will, then isn't the will less than free?

Silent Hunter

Apparently all of mankind (except Noah and his family) were corrupt. There are some really interesting theories as to what that corruption was all about but that's well beyond the scope of this thread.
Children are innocent according to most Christians I've encountered until they understand what it means to "sin". Your reply saves you from answering the question why children needed to be killed to save a "corrupt" world I suppose . . .

Children die in war.
Sure they do but that isn't what happened during the Palestinian Occupation. Children were specifically targeted to be killed (murdered in my opinion).

It's tragic but that is the result when your nation is wicked.
Absent evidence I fail to read where every city state in Palestine was targeted for total annihilation because of their "evil inhabitants". Did your deity order the killing of children or not?

IF so then he/she/it could have caused to happen the events at Sandy Hook Elementary School. If not, why not?

Those evil Japanese children! Shame on them! :rolleyes:

Silent Hunter

The gunman who shot the children in the Connecticut Elementary School wasn't representing a nation that had declared war on the United States of America.
That WASN'T what he meant and you know it.

Were you born this dumb or do you work at it?

:doh: