toldailytopic: Colored eggs, and chocolate bunnies: are they sinful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
"Very Easter Narnia Bunnies" are like ninja Robin Hood people who steal from the rich to give to the poor. Is that sinful? Jesus died, went into Hades, stole from the evil witch doctors, & came back to give the untold treasure island to the poor in spirit.

autumn_trees37

Though I honestly have no problem with children hunting for eggs and eating chocolate bunnies, it is interesting to note the orgin of the popular tradition.

Easter and Ishtar

These days, very few people know why we celebrate the way we do. Some people who have done their homework and researched the orgins of the holidays say it's wrong for us to hunt eggs and eat chocolate rabbits at Easter. My own parents adopted this idea, but if we criticize those who are innocently trying to make Easter, the day of our Lord's ressurection, a fun day for their kids, we can become overbearing.

There are too many obvious sins out there for us to take a stand against. If we continue to add to the list, we are in danger of becoming legalistic.

Dena

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 22nd, 2011 09:47 AM

toldailytopic: Colored eggs, and chocolate bunnies: are they sinful?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

No.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I eat about 5 boiled eggs at breakfast. Sometimes 6 if there isn't bacon.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think you need to be hit
and
won't pass up any opportunities to do so
I'll add it to the list of things you misapprehend about me. By the way, that's a neat bit of soft shoe coming from someone who goes out of his way to offer insult by that particular inference. But to each his own.

:e4e:

Breathe

At this moment, I am eating a chocolate Easter egg. Without a doubt, anything this good must be a sin. :D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'll add it to the list of things you misapprehend about me. By the way, that's a neat bit of soft shoe coming from someone who goes out of his way to offer insult by that particular inference. But to each his own.

:e4e:

soft shoe?

it is reason and logic

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
soft shoe?

it is reason and logic
If only...the distinction between that claim and the real thing is found in examination and illustration. Neither of those tend to be a part of your practice where my criticism was aimed.

By way of illustration:

I think you need to be hit
and
won't pass up any opportunities to do so
That's just self serving hooey, a conclusion in need of support and absent fact. And you do a great deal of this while finger pointing. Now I've had my fill of it and intend on whacking you a good bit with the old stick.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll bet that some of you guys are like the one I've seen on TV, would paint the Easter eggs with camo paint.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They always use the lowest quality chocolate that exists for those bunnies and the stuff is nasty so yeah, definately sinful.

Those days are over! Many fine chocolatiers now offer gourmet chocolate bunnies.

Here is one description of some rather exotic flavors from Vosges Chocolates:

At first glance, they may seem a little on the plain side but their secret is in the taste. These solid chocolate rabbits come in 4 exotic flavors: Red Fire Bunny is dark chocolate flavored with Mexican chilies and Ceylon cinnamon, Gianduja Bunny is milk chocolate with almonds and hazelnut praline, Barcelona Bunny is milk chocolate with smoked almonds and gray sea salt, and Almalfi Bunny is white chocolate flavored with lemon zest and pink peppercorn.

Bring on the sinful eating! :chew:

Status
Not open for further replies.