toldailytopic: Cinco de mayo! What are your plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually they blow up if you put them in the microwave. You have to put vent holes all over the carcass first.

The blow up part isn't the problem....I kinda like the cat nuggets it creates...it's just that they get chewy. Maybe a nice marinade would do the trick, you think? :think:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The blow up part isn't the problem....I kinda like the cat nuggets it creates...it's just that they get chewy. Maybe a nice marinade would do the trick, you think? :think:

Sweet and sour would do the trick. That nice red sauce you can get at Chinese restaurants.

Four O'Clock

So nice to see this thread quickly degenerate into semi-bigoted racist bashing. I know...I know...you're only talking about 'Illegals'.
My wife is from Mexico City...been here since 88, US citizen,
Graduate degree. Her and her friends are going to some sort of Mexican celebration/function later today...I can't...out of a job and networking.
Wish I could be there.
We send bucks every month to my mother-in-law (86 but involved with faith-based programs in Mexico and my brother-in-law, who has supported Mom, at the expense of his own success, for decades.)
I feel very good about supported my loved ones. Do you think the US has a corner on our Lord's blessing?
Is your Mexican-bias totally based on illegal-immigration? Or is it something else?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So nice to see this thread quickly degenerate into semi-bigoted racist bashing. I know...I know...you're only talking about 'Illegals'.
Graduate degree. Her and her friends are going to some sort of Mexican celebration/function later today...I can't...out of a job and networking.
Wish I could be there.
We send bucks every month to my mother-in-law (86 but involved with faith-based programs in Mexico and my brother-in-law, who has supported Mom, at the expense of his own success, for decades.)
I feel very good about supported my loved ones. Do you think the US has a corner on our Lord's blessing?
Is your Mexican-bias totally based on illegal-immigration? Or is it something else?

Can't speak for everyone, but I did answer this for myself earlier....

Frankly, I don't care if every other person in this country is hispanic and selling tamales on the street corner...as long as they came through the front door, legally.

My long-time girlfriend in high school was half Mexican and half Guatemalan. She and her family came here legally.

Besides...it's not racism if you hate everyone. :p

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Jump a fence or two to warm up first.

Do I even want to know what you do on MLK Day? :eek:

My plans of the day are -

Ride my bike to my parents' house.
Repair lawnmower.
Mow lawn.
Most likely do some other yard work or house work while I'm there.
Ride back to my apartment.
Cook something. Maybe I'll do something Mexican themed tonight.
Play video games and otherwise enjoy my night off.
Lawn mower never got touched, lawn never got mowed. Mom had a list of repair and maintenance items around the house and wanted me to help her with grocery shopping.

Dinner plans changed too. Pizza is in the oven, half pepperoni (her's), half zucchini/portobello/tomato/onion/red pepper (mine).

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Wish I could be there.

My great grandparents came here on a boat from Italy 100 years ago. They became legal US citizens, learned English, worked for a living. Like VC said, I don't care where you come from, just come through the front door, legally.

Four O'Clock

Can't speak for everyone, but I did answer this for myself earlier....
And well you did VC, kudos to that.
It just bothers me that the thread had turned into some sort of a "beanerbash-fest".
So much non-white bashing, especially since 9/11.
Thank goodness my do-nothing white neighbors moved out two years ago. An Indian Hindu family bought the property and they've been the greatest neighbors you could possibly ask for. Across the board...on Flag Day they proudly display the Stars and Stripes for all of us to see!
The irony in everything is that when decent, considerate people of color come to the United States they become...Surprise...just like us!
Through my wife's job and connections, I've run into, virtually, hundreds of Mexican immigrants that are hard-working, kind citizens contributing even more than I could possibly aspire to.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also get food stamps to buy all that Cinco de Mayo food.

What about the honest Hispanics that filled out their immigration papers and came into the country legally? Pretty unfair to them isn't it?

I'm not mad at anyone who sneaks across the border to work hard and get ahead. For decades our government has been sending them the message that it is OK to do so. I am mad at our government for sending this message!

Status
Not open for further replies.