toldailytopic: Cinco de mayo! What are your plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 5th, 2011 08:12 AM

toldailytopic: Cinco de mayo! What are your plans?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In an attempt to fit in with the rest of the Hispanics around my area I am going to drive down Federal Blvd. and randomly shoot my gun hoping to kill three or four innocent people. :Grizzly:

;)

Last edited:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Before I begin my massive Cinco de Mayo celebration, I've got to confirm whether or not this is a Mexican brinque año. Otherwise, my celebration might be a day early (or would that be late?).

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In an attempt to fit in with the rest of the Hispanics around my area I am going to drive down Federal Blvd. and randomly shoot my gun hoping to kill three or four innocent people. :Grizzly:

While you're at it, can you also take up space in each emergency room and receive free care?

OH, and get a free ride at the university for no other reason than that you are an illegal immigrant.

Thanks.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think I will break out my violin and play some mariachi music. :e4e:Then again, a bud does sound like a good idea.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Cruising down Federal--classic.

"My friend... Thao Vang Lor. On the condition that you don't chop-top the roof like one of those beaners, don't paint any idiotic flames on it like some white trash hillbilly, and don't put a big, gay spoiler on the rear end like you see on all the other zipperheads' cars. It just looks like hell. If you can refrain from doing any of that... it's yours." ~ Lawyer, Gran Torino

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While you're at it, can you also take up space in each emergency room and receive free care?

OH, and get a free ride at the university for no other reason than that you are an illegal immigrant.

Thanks.

Also get food stamps to buy all that Cinco de Mayo food.

What about the honest Hispanics that filled out their immigration papers and came into the country legally? Pretty unfair to them isn't it?

MrRadish

I tried to go and visit Britain's Mexican population to offer them my congratulations, but all four of them were out.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Jump a fence or two to warm up first.

Do I even want to know what you do on MLK Day? :eek:

My plans of the day are -

Ride my bike to my parents' house.
Repair lawnmower.
Mow lawn.
Most likely do some other yard work or house work while I'm there.
Ride back to my apartment.
Cook something. Maybe I'll do something Mexican themed tonight.
Play video games and otherwise enjoy my night off.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jump a fence or two to warm up first.

Do I even want to know what you do on MLK Day? :eek:
You think I'm kidding right?

Seriously.... every year here in Denver 4-5 people get killed on Cinco de Mayo during the "celebration" or should I say "riot".

Totally senseless.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also get food stamps to buy all that Cinco de Mayo food.

What about the honest Hispanics that filled out their immigration papers and came into the country legally? Pretty unfair to them isn't it?

Indeed it is. Frankly, I don't care if every other person in this country is hispanic and selling tamales on the street corner...as long as they came through the front door, legally.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My husband's work is plagued by illegals. They come in and take jobs. Every few years the feds come in and bust them. Cinco De Mayo is a day where quite a few of them miss work because they are off partying.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
You think I'm kidding right?

Seriously.... every year here in Denver 4-5 people get killed on Cinco de Mayo during the "celebration" or should I say "riot".

Totally senseless.
I wasn't sure. I figured there was something more to it.

I'm not shocked really. Similar things happen down here during MLK celebrations. And I won't even get in to why I no longer attend Gay Pride parades.

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
My husband's work is plagued by illegals. They come in and take jobs. Every few years the feds come in and bust them. Cinco De Mayo is a day where quite a few of them miss work because they are off partying.

Same with where I work. Nearly all of the housekeeping and grounds staff is illegals. The feds have never visited.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"No matter who you are. No matter where you can came from. :thumb: No matter what you look like [Ac 17:26]. :jump: No matter whether your ancestors landed here on Ellis Island :straight: or came here on slave ships :roses: or came across the Rio Grande :squint: [Acts 2:23, Matt. 13:41, 2 Cor. 6:14], we are all connected [Ge 11:6]. :liberals: We will rise and fall together. :Commie: That's the vision of America :Nineveh: I've got, that's the idea of the heart of America (Obama)." :shocked:

By the way, where is Hispania? :smokie:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Same with where I work. Nearly all of the housekeeping and grounds staff is illegals. The feds have never visited.

That is more often the case. Do you live in a city? Sometimes illegals get away with more in cities than in rural places.

I live in a small rural community. There is not much illegal can do for long without getting caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.