toldailytopic: Can a saved person lose their salvation?

Cruciform

My dad, by his own admission, a Roman Catholic, died Thursday. I am attending the "mass" and funeral, tomorrow.
I'm very sorry for your loss, jw. May God be with you and your family.

I prayed that he believed 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV before he died.
If he was an informed Catholic, you can be assured that he did.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

genuineoriginal

Salvation occurs. It is a gift freely offered. Once indwelt by The Holy Spirit a union occurs. This is undisolvable. A saved person will think and act according to the fruits of
The Holy Spirit

• The way side did not believe, so was not saved.
  • The stony places believed, but did not endure, so was not saved.
  • The thorns believed and endured, but was unproductive, so was not saved.
  • The good ground believed, endured, and was productive, so was the only one of the four that was saved.

bybee

• The way side did not believe, so was not saved.
  • The stony places believed, but did not endure, so was not saved.
  • The thorns believed and endured, but was unproductive, so was not saved.
  • The good ground believed, endured, and was productive, so was the only one of the four that was saved.

We are saved because God knows our hearts.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God does it all, and he is the author and finisher of our faith, none that are his will "lose" anything he has given them. The saints persevere to the end. For example, see Isaiah 43:1-3, Jeremiah 32:40, John 3:36, John 10:28, Romans 8:35-39, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 2:10 God’s workmanship, Philippians 1:6, 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, 2 Timothy 1:12b & 4:18, 1 Peter 1:4-5, I John 2:19, Jude 24-25.

Ours is a wonderful burden:

1. An acceptance in the Beloved which can never be questioned. (Eph. 1:6)
2. A bounty which can never be withdrawn. (1 Cor. 3:21-23)
3. A deliverance which can never be excelled. (2 Cor. 1:10)
4. A grace which can never be limited. (2 Cor. 12:9)
5. A hope which can never be disappointed. (Hebrews 6:18-19)
6. An inheritance which can never be lost. (1 Peter 1:3-5)
7. A joy which need never be diminished. (John 15:11)
8. A kingdom which can never be overturned. (Hebrews 12:28)
9. A nearness to God which can never be reversed. (Eph. 2:13)
10. A peace which can never be disturbed. (John 14:27)
11. A righteousness which can never be tarnished. (2 Cor. 5:21)
12. A salvation which can never be cancelled. (Hebrews 5:9)

Src: F.E. Marsh

AMR

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
She has never been saved.

I believe in Gracie's salvation as much and upon the same basis as I believe my own....if she could lose hers then I could lose my own and you could lose yours.

Our only hope of blessing Gracie is to make her understand the great love wherewith she is loved. "I have loved thee with an everlasting love."

SaulToPaul 2

I believe in Gracie's salvation as much and upon the same basis as I believe my own....if she could lose hers then I could lose my own and you could lose yours.

Our only hope of blessing Gracie is to make her understand the great love wherewith she is loved. "I have loved thee with an everlasting love."

GP: "OSAS is a lie."
GP: "OSAS is true, to a point."

:D

GP classics.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
GP: "OSAS is a lie."
GP: "OSAS is true, to a point."

:D

GP classics.

In a sense Gracie only shows for all to see the utter bankruptsy of the conditional salvation theology. The massive contradiction of their position....I think she has converted 98 per cent of TOL to osas. :chuckle:

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God gives us faith. Do we have a choice in the matter? Can we reject the faith that God gives us? (What free will exists here?)

It's simpler than you think:

Whether you believe in predestination or free will is entirely your own choice...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I know, KMO... when I said, "with respect...", I really did mean it. You are a person I definitely can relate to.

Maybe it's more the individual responsibility in salvation that you are thinking of?

Yes, I think you could say that's what I was thinking of. I view salvation as being more like a covenant, or a relationship, like Desert Reign said.

And I have also been agreeing with what Cracked has been saying. If you believe that you are saved by believing the gospel, I don't think it makes sense to say that you can't move out of that at some point.

Now, can God give grace for that? Of course. If God gives grace for our sinful behavior then I believe grace can be given for beliefs as well.

It seems that OSASers have to say that either once you believe the gospel you'll never go back or that God will give grace for unbelief. But the only unbelief that is given grace is unbelief that happens after the person has believed the gospel for at least a while.