toldailytopic: Are some sins 'non-reformable' and/or 'unforgivable'? If so, what are

Status
Not open for further replies.
To attribute the miracles of Jesus to satan, in my eyes would
be the ultimate, unforgivable sin Towards God and justly unpardonable as a disgrace towards God, The Holy Spirit, Christ and every Christian and Christian faith.

(All of the above in my humble opinion of course)
:singer:
It sure is your opinion.

If you research the Bible (and I mean REALLY research, not just look up the word in a dictionary), you will find that the word "blaspheme" means: A disrespect or rejection of the love of God.

The passage in question is this:

"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come"

Jesus is not making a point about attributing His miracles to Satan, but rather that God's love is being manifested, and the religious are rejecting it. This is about rejecting God's gift. The Holy Spirit is the One who testifies of Jesus. God is not sending someone else. If you reject the testimony of the Holy Spirit, you do not believe in the only Name by which man can be saved. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, because they do not believe in Jesus. Unbelief requires repentance, not forgiveness. This is the repentance toward God by which we are saved.

vnctblzn

Then why did he write, "..in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel," "Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began..," and "Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel..,"

Romans 2:16, 16:25 and 2 Timothy 2:8, respectively.
is this your gospel too? or just paul's?

sdgareth

It sure is your opinion.

If you research the Bible (and I mean REALLY research, not just look up the word in a dictionary), you will find that the word "blaspheme" means: A disrespect or rejection of the love of God.

The passage in question is this:

"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come"

Jesus is not making a point about attributing His miracles to Satan, but rather that God's love is being manifested, and the religious are rejecting it. This is about rejecting God's gift. The Holy Spirit is the One who testifies of Jesus. God is not sending someone else. If you reject the testimony of the Holy Spirit, you do not believe in the only Name by which man can be saved. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, because they do not believe in Jesus. Unbelief requires repentance, not forgiveness. This is the repentance toward God by which we are saved.

33.402 βλάσφημος, ον: (derivative of βλασφημέω ‘to blaspheme,’ 33.400) pertaining to being insulting and slanderous—‘insulting, slanderous, blasphemous.’ οὐ φέρουσιν κατ̓ αὐτῶν παρὰ κυρίου βλάσφημον κρίσιν ‘they do not bring against them slanderous condemnation in the presence of the Lord’ 2 Pe 2:11; ἀκηκόαμεν αὐτοῦ λαλοῦντος ῥήματα βλάσφημα εἰς Μωϋσῆν καὶ τὸν θεόν ‘we have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God’ Ac 6:11.

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament : Based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition.). New York: United Bible societies.

989. βλάσφημος blasphēmŏs, blas´-fay-mos; from a der. of 984 and 5345; scurrilous, i.e. calumnious (against man), or (spec.) impious (against God):—blasphemer (-mous), railing.
Strong, J., S.T.D., LL.D. (2009).

A Concise Dictionary of the Words in the Greek Testament and The Hebrew Bible. Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark 3:28-30
28*“I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, 29*but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.” 30*He told them this because they were saying, “He’s possessed by an evil spirit.”

Tyndale House Publishers. (2004). Holy Bible : New Living Translation. (2nd ed.). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers.

UNPARDONABLE SIN All three Synoptic Gospels (Matt. 12:31–32; Mark 3:28–29; Luke 12:10) refer to this concept. The context is identical in Matthew and Mark, following an exorcism by Jesus, including the accusation that Jesus casts out demons by Beelzebub’s (Satan’s) authority. Luke records the saying together with a warning about confessing and denying Jesus before men (Luke 12:8–9). It would be a mistake to equate the “unpardonable sin” with unbelief and equally wrong to interpret it as rejection of the work of the Holy Spirit. Both were true of Paul prior to his conversion. Luke’s context is of controversy with the Pharisees (Luke 11:15), with the accusation that Jesus’ authority for exorcism came from Beelzebub.
The warning includes the statement that blasphemy against the Son of Man, while a sin, can be forgiven. This would be a rejection of the gospel, the good news of God’s salvation in Jesus. In light of the context, the unpardonable sin can be defined as rejecting the power and authority of the Holy Spirit working in Jesus and crediting that authority to Satan. The Pharisee’s false accusation prompts the warning, but Jesus never explicitly says that they have crossed the line and committed the unpardonable sin. Perhaps this indicates that the unpardonable sin occurs when one knowingly credits the power and authority of the Holy Spirit to Satan. If so, some Pharisees may or may not have been guilty of making a charge against Jesus that they knew was false.
People could only knowingly give Satan the credit for the working of the Holy Spirit if their hearts were so hardened that they had already irrevocably rejected God’s offer of salvation in Jesus Christ. A genuine believer in Christ could never commit this sin.

See Blasphemy; Devil, Satan, Evil, Demonic; Holy Spirit; Sin.
Brand, C., Draper, C., England, A., Bond, S., Clendenen, E. R., Butler, T. C., & Latta, B. (2003). Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary (1640). Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers.

Based on this, I said this:
After a bit of thought and looking around, my answer is this:

As a Christian, been saved by the Grace of God, knowing God.
Having received the word of God. To Blaspheme against the Holy Spirit would be an unpardonable sin. Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit, would be blaspheming against God the Father himself.

To attribute the miracles of Jesus to satan, in my eyes would
be the ultimate, unforgivable sin Towards God and justly unpardonable as a disgrace towards God, The Holy Spirit, Christ and every Christian and Christian faith

:drum:

sdgareth

More evidence of someone who has no business with a commentary in their hands.

Add sdgareth to the moron list.

28*“I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, 29*but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.” 30 He told them this because they were saying, “He’s possessed by an evil spirit.

Tyndale House Publishers. (2004). Holy Bible : New Living Translation. (2nd ed.). Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers.

Are you always so anal retentive?

28*“I tell you the truth, all sin and blasphemy can be forgiven, 29*but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.” 30 He told them this because they were saying, “He’s possessed by an evil spirit.

Do you know what a commentary is?

You really are far too ignorant to be discussing the Bible in a public setting. You are making a complete jackass of yourself.

sdgareth

Do you know what a commentary is?

You really are far too ignorant to be discussing the Bible in a public setting. You are making a complete jackass of yourself.

Commentary:
Other than being reams and reams of threads where a group of Christians on TOL insist on telling other Christians/believers
that they are wrong, - commentary.

A commentary my dear and learned brother is a body of work consisting of somebody's interpretation, in this case on the bible. Which is then used as reference material and for discussion by other interested parties.

As for ignorance my brother, I find it quite laughable that you would be so ignorant not to believe that sombody else may have an opinion, view or interpretation contrary to yours.

As for the discussions that take place here on TOL, they are all comments, not truths.

There are always three sides to a story, yours, mine and the truth.
Which one are you so ignorant to believe you are?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.