toldailytopic: Abortion Doctor charged with 8 counts of murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 19th, 2011 10:53 AM

toldailytopic: Abortion Doctor charged with 8 counts of murder.

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Eyewitness News has learned that a West Philadelphia doctor, his wife and eight other suspects are now under arrest following a grand jury investigation.

Sources say Dr. Kermit Gosnell faces eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman following a botched abortion at his office, along with the deaths of seven other babies who, prosecutors allege, were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and then were killed with scissors.

The grand jury report states that Dr. Gosnell’s office was filthy and cat litter was apparently found inside the office.

Four of the suspects, some improperly licensed, also face multiple counts of murder for allegedly killing the newborns.

All of the suspects are now behind bars after warrants were served overnight.

Dr. Gosnell, who has practiced in the West Philadelphia neighborhood for decades, is also the target of a federal grand jury investigation into illegally prescribing prescription drugs.

Investigators say during a search of his home, they found $240,000 in cash.

The doctor, in past interviews with Eyewitness News, has proclaimed his innocence, predicting if charged, he will be acquitted.

The Philadelphia District Attorney held a press conference Wednesday morning to officially announce details of the arrests and the grand jury presentment.

source

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do pro-choice people think it's murder to kill a baby outside the womb yet believe it's not murder to kill the baby just moments earlier when it's still inside the womb?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why do pro-choice people think it's murder to kill a baby outside the womb yet believe it's not murder to kill the baby just moments earlier when it's still inside the womb?

I've never understood how someone could honestly and consistently make that distinction, either.

Ps82

Knight,

You asked:

Spiritual blindness to divine truth is all that I can suggest. So my question becomes:
Why doesn't God open their eyes in order to save the innocents?

I have friends that believe that all the innocent babies go to heaven ... but I'm not as sure. I believe that God knows each one of them while they are in the womb and is able to judge among them while in the womb. Just like God was able to select a prophet before he was born; or know the hearts of Jacob and Esau.

I do believe that murdering these babies robs them of the one chance they were given to earn rewards for eternity ... so it's like robbing them of physical life and of their eternal rewards.

So, why does God seem to have opened the spiritual eyes of a few abortionists while allowing others to continue their blind rampage against humanity?

I wonder if this mass murder is an end time sign revealed by God. Has anyone ever found any clues in the Old or New Testaments that reveals a time of such child sacrifice before Christ returns?

The men of this world, who are suppose to have intellect and leadership power over the masses (All three branches of our government), are just as blind for even with the power given them they have seemed willing to allow this evil bent to continue and to increase in our nation.

However, I find it hard in or democratic Republic form of government to just point a finger just at the abortionists or just at the government ... for the people elect the leaders, fight to protect abortion, and walk into the centers.

Another question:
Our society is very hostile to women; so, why don't women see it?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Eyewitness News has learned that a West Philadelphia doctor, his wife and eight other suspects are now under arrest following a grand jury investigation.

Sources say Dr. Kermit Gosnell faces eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman following a botched abortion at his office, along with the deaths of seven other babies who, prosecutors allege, were born alive following illegal late-term abortions and then were killed with scissors.

The grand jury report states that Dr. Gosnell’s office was filthy and cat litter was apparently found inside the office.

Four of the suspects, some improperly licensed, also face multiple counts of murder for allegedly killing the newborns.

All of the suspects are now behind bars after warrants were served overnight.

Dr. Gosnell, who has practiced in the West Philadelphia neighborhood for decades, is also the target of a federal grand jury investigation into illegally prescribing prescription drugs.

Investigators say during a search of his home, they found $240,000 in cash.

The doctor, in past interviews with Eyewitness News, has proclaimed his innocence, predicting if charged, he will be acquitted.

The Philadelphia District Attorney held a press conference Wednesday morning to officially announce details of the arrests and the grand jury presentment.

source

He should be executed the same way that he caused the death of those innocent children.

It's too much to hope for, but I hope at the very least that he is executed post haste for this disgusting act.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why doesn't God open their eyes in order to save the innocents?
God does open our eyes to right and wrong, He writes it on our heart. Yet since we have a will of our own some folks reject righteousness and choose evil.
Another question:
Our society is very hostile to women; so, why don't women see it?
Their bitter towards God, they are in rebellion to all that He stands for. Therefore, they rebel against the very ideas that protect them. Rebellion is often self defeating.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Great question. It's murder either way. To think otherwise is a sad mistake that will, unfortunately, not be rectified until they face God.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I've never understood how someone could honestly and consistently make that distinction, either.

Granite, you do make an excellent point. My husband harps on an on about the illogic of this. Our legal system is never consistent about this either. Often when a man attacks a pregnant woman and the unborn dies, sometimes he is charged with murder. But if a woman goes and aborts her baby, the abortionist is not charged with murder. Where is the consistency here?

Abortion is murder period. It should be outlawed. The case in the OP just shows the ugliness of it.

Ps82

God does open our eyes to right and wrong, He writes it on our heart. Yet since we have a will of our own some folks reject righteousness and choose evil.
Their bitter towards God, they are in rebellion to all that He stands for. Therefore, they rebel against the very ideas that protect them. Rebellion is often self defeating.

I agree.
Once God judged an entire society for the murder of pregnant women and their unborn babies. He told them that not a descendant of their society would be left on earth.

That story should give luke-warm Christians a wake up call.

This event where God judged a whole society for the murder of innocents is why I asked: Why doesn't God today defend the innocents before they are murdered ... perhaps by opening the eyes of the murders?

I have no doubt that they will be judged and perhaps our entire society with them.

I feel that if the USA doesn't wise up about this abortion issue and finally do something about it ... then there is no need for any of us (including Christians) to worry about our economy, our victory over our enemies, our health care programs, etc., for if we come under God's judgment for this one issue of abortion, then there is no point to expect success in the other areas.

Ps82

I have another question:
How many people on TOL are attending your area's public pro-life event this weekend?

I am.

Ps82

We have multiple 1,000's turn out every year in Atlanta ... and even our local news only spares us less than 30 seconds on the news. Our event and numbers have become 'old-hat' to them ... and, of course, not politically correct according to the media.

We need to increase our numbers to get noticed ... but it hasn't happened in years.

We had marched the same route for years ... and one year they got permission to change the route so that we could go by Georgia State University. I heard students on the streets saying:
What in the world is this?

That was so sad, because ... we had marched by the 1,000's in all sorts of winter weather for years and the young people in our own town didn't even know about the march!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Granite, you do make an excellent point. My husband harps on an on about the illogic of this. Our legal system is never consistent about this either. Often when a man attacks a pregnant woman and the unborn dies, sometimes he is charged with murder. But if a woman goes and aborts her baby, the abortionist is not charged with murder. Where is the consistency here?

Abortion is murder period. It should be outlawed. The case in the OP just shows the ugliness of it.

I wonder what would happen if in such a circumstance it came to light that the mother was intending to abort her child.

Would that have any bearing to the public's reaction to the prosecution of her assailant?

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have another question:
How many people on TOL are attending your area's public pro-life event this weekend?

I am.

There isn't much of one here, but I will be attending (creating) what I can, rest assured.

Architect

I suppose it's the type of thing that starts as something that is legal (but immoral) and little by little the boundaries are pushed and the doctors who abort babies (or men who show up at adult bars, or adults who "innocently" chat online with minors) start to blur the lines and it's hard to feel convicted or guilty about what they're doing... They've been doing this for so long they have become numb to it and can easily make excuses that will justify (at least in their minds) their actions.

It's sad and disgusting.

Josh

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did you notice in the video report that the "doctor" was making over a million bucks per year performing abortions? The pro-choice folks always argue that abortion is just for the good of the women. Yeah right!

This guy was laughing all the way to the bank, getting paid to murder.

He wont be laughing so much when he faces the Judge. And I ain't talking about the judge in the court room.

Ps82

Watched the video... another great example our our government bureaucracies working at the peak of efficiency - NOT!

I try to leave judgment in God's hands ... but I do pray that God weigh lawyers, judges, political leaders, and supporters of abortion in his balance... and, at least, remove from them their power and influence; send them home in insignificance, in the hopes that their souls will be saved before they die.

I also pray that God will replace their seats of power and influence with God-fearing people, who will bring honor to my LORD and Savior and will guide our people with godly wisdom.

Politically, I saw signs of an answer to that prayer when there was a turn over in the House ... but still the battle is not won. We're yet, to see what the new leaders will be able or willing to do.

We are in great need of god-fearing honorable brave statesmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.