TOL treasure hunt

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
CORRECT! Well done Jacob you have also been the first to correctly answer question 2 that there was a Sabbath on day 22 of the second month after leaving Egypt.

Q3: In Leviticus 23 what day in the first month after leaving Egypt did God name a Sabbath:

Leviticus 23:1 & 4-15
1The Lord said to Moses, 2“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘These are my appointed festivals, the appointed festivals of the Lord, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies.

4“ ‘These are the Lord’s appointed festivals, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times: 5 The Lord’s Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. 6 On the fifteenth day of that month the Lord’s Festival of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7 On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. 8 For seven days present a food offering to the Lord. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.’ ” 9 The Lord said to Moses, 10“Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before the Lord so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath. 12 On the day you wave the sheaf, you must sacrifice as a burnt offering to the Lord a lamb a year old without defect, 13 together with its grain offering of two-tenths of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with olive oil—a food offering presented to the Lord, a pleasing aroma—and its drink offering of a quarter of a hin of wine. 14 You must not eat any bread, or roasted or new grain, until the very day you bring this offering to your God. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live. 15“ ‘From the day after the Sabbath, the day you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, count off seven full weeks.

I do not have the training necessary to answer your question.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Okay, that is a little harder to discern, perhaps it will come to you. In the mean time here's Q4:

Q4: In Leviticus 23 what days in the seventh month after leaving Egypt did God name a Sabbath:

Leviticus 23:39
So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the LORD for seven days; the first day is a day of Sabbath rest, and the eighth day also is a day of Sabbath rest.

the sixteenth of the seventh month
the twenty-third of the seventh month

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect. Look at it again:

Leviticus 23:39
So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the LORD for seven days; the first day is a day of Sabbath rest, and the eighth day also is a day of Sabbath rest.

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, the first day of the week. I believe today is Aviv 16, counting from Rosh Chodesh but not having seen the new moon.

the fifteenth day of the seventh month and the twenty-second day of the seventh month

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
CORRECT! That's right the feast of Tabernacles in the 7th month after leaving Egypt began on the 15th which was a Sabbath and ended on the 22nd which was also a Sabbath.

To recap you have correctly identified the following Sabbaths in the first year after leaving Egypt as being on:

Day 22 on Month 2

Day 15 and Day 22 on Month 7

Q5: Now you mentioned day 16 of month 1 but can you tell me what day the Passover Lamb was killed on in month 1 after leaving Egypt?:

Exodus 12:6
Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight.

Q6: And on what day was the Passover itself, when the Lamb was eaten (Days begin and end at sunset)?:

Exodus 12:8
That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast.

Q7: Also on what day in month 1 was Jesus, the Lamb of God, crucified on?:

John 18:28
Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness they did not enter the palace, because they wanted to be able to eat the Passover.

Q8: Finally can you also tell me on what day of the first month, when Jesus was crucified, was there a Sabbath?

Luke 23
52 Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus’ body. 53 Then he took it down, wrapped it in linen cloth and placed it in a tomb cut in the rock, one in which no one had yet been laid. 54 It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.

I don't follow.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Okay, one at a time:

Q5: What day was the Passover Lamb was killed on in month 1 after leaving Egypt?:

Exodus 12:6
Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight.

the fourteenth day

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
CORRECT!

Q6: What day was the Passover itself, when the Lamb was eaten (Days begin and end at sunset)?:

Exodus 12:8
That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast.

the fifteenth day of the first month the month of Aviv

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
CORRECT!

Q7: What day in month 1 was Jesus, the Lamb of God, crucified on?:

John 18:28
Then the Jewish leaders took Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness they did not enter the palace, because they wanted to be able to eat the Passover.

this requires further study

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Okay lets review, so far you have correctly identified the following Sabbaths in the first year after leaving Egypt as being on:

Day 22 on Month 2

Day 15 and Day 22 on Month 7

Q8: If the 15th and 22nd were Sabbaths in month 7 when were the other Sabbaths in month 7?

incorrect

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
CORRECT! Congratulations Jacob you are the first person to correctly identify that the first week of collecting the Manna occurred on the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st of the second month after leaving Egypt.

Q2: Now we know the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st of the second month were the days on which the Manna was first collected, on which day on the second month did God say the Sabbath was on? The answer is also found in Exodus 16 here:

http://biblehub.com/niv/exodus/16.htm
What prize does Jacob win?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
CORRECT! Congratulations Jacob you are the first person to correctly identify that the first week of collecting the Manna occurred on the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st of the second month after leaving Egypt.

Q2: Now we know the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st of the second month were the days on which the Manna was first collected, on which day on the second month did God say the Sabbath was on? The answer is also found in Exodus 16 here:

http://biblehub.com/niv/exodus/16.htm

Incorrect. I have not read your link. You asked which day on the second month did God say the Sabbath was on. That is an incorrect question.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's not really funny to laugh, I don't think Jacob can help it. You see he gave correct answers such as here: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?129091-TOL-treasure-hunt&p=5219386&viewfull=1#post5219386 but now he's pretending not know about it all and I think it's part of a condition he has. Jacob has said that his Rabbi thinks he is autistic and this might be part of it. You can go back and read the thread and see for yourself. Start at about page five
Yes I've spoken to Jacob on the phone. I asked for his number to talk to him and help him. I find it funny that you say CORRECT !!! and he replies with incorrect. I asked him about his condition and we talked. He has my number now too.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I feel sorry for you Jacob. You answered day 22 here just a few days ago but now you are pretending not to know about that: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?129091-TOL-treasure-hunt&p=5219386&viewfull=1#post5219386

Incorrect. And, I believe that you have done this to me before as well. Do you remember that after this I apparently gave you a wrong answer? I am not fretting about it. It is difficult to take responsibility for something I don't know if I did. However, since I am now talking about before, I don't know if you were taking from there or what has happened. So I am responsible for my wrong answer. I am sorry. Now as for this, your understanding is clouded by your lunar Sabbath understanding which is incorrect. Or, yes or no on that, Each month has Rosh Chodesh and each week has Shabbat the Sabbath. Other Sabbaths are Holy Days. Or, this is the wrong way to explain it, the wrong way to explain a Scriptural or Biblical understanding of Sabbaths, Holy Days, and Head of the Month Observances and or Celebrations. There are feasts and festivals and fast days. Start with Aviv from the Torah. I don't know that you can go further back in history with month names than that.

genuineoriginal

You had the right answer with day 22. I'm sorry you are so confused. Trust in yourself more, you don't need Rabbi's etc, just the Bible. You already know how to work it out.

Your questions are invalid because you are assuming that the Sabbath days will fall on the same numbered days of every month, but that would only happen if the lunar cycle was exactly 28 days long instead of the 29 days, 12 hours, and 44 minutes that it currently averages.
That extra 1 day, 12 hours, and 44 minutes will cause the Sabbath to fall on a different set of numbered days of the month with every new moon.
In one month the Sabbath days could fall on the month's days of 7, 14, 21, and 28, but the next month the the Sabbath days would fall on the month's days of 6, 13, 20, and 27, or even on the month's days of 5, 12, 19, and 26, since every month would have either 29 or 30 days from one new moon to the next.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You had the right answer with day 22. I'm sorry you are so confused. Trust in yourself more, you don't need Rabbi's etc, just the Bible. You already know how to work it out.

Today is Shlishli, Ziv 2.
It is evening, erev. It is night, laylah.

You are giving me dangerous instruction. And, I am not confused, but you have damaged my life by saying that I am. Also, don't tell people to trust in themselves. It is important that people trust in God. Do not deceive people or turn them away from God, or turn them to or toward God to accomplish your own means.

chair

Watchman is wrong. He confuses the fact that the holidays include rest days, which are termed "Shabbat" , with the weekly Shabbat. He has carefully ignored the glaring hole in his calendar- i.e., what to do with those spare days dangling at the end of the month. And he also ignores the little problem of the verses describing a seven day week- while his calendar can have 7,8 or 9 day weeks.

So it goes.