ECT .....To create in Himself one new man from the two.....(For anti Acts 2 people)

God's Truth

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. He came preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 1:76-80).

We are still to confess that we are sinners, and to repent, to prepare the way for Jesus Christ into our lives.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter was SPEAKING ABOUT WHAT THE OLD TESTAMENT SAID.

Peter was letting them know it WAS prophesied about and that they had a chance to be saved NOW.

Yes, Peter was saying that they had a chance to be saved now, but he was also saying that if Israel(leadership and great percentage) would repent 'now', then GOD would send Jesus back to fulfill the rest of the OT prophets.

Peter is clearly saying that there is more OT prophecy to be fulfilled in the future.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. He came preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 1:76-80).

We are still to confess that we are sinners, and to repent, to prepare the way for Jesus Christ into our lives.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Yes, a change of mind towards Christ and only Faith thereafter

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The current subject:

Was all OT prophecy fulfilled at the cross, or is there more OT prophecy to be fulfilled after the death, burial, resurrection and ascension?

Danoh

The current subject:

Was all OT prophecy fulfilled at the cross, or is there more OT prophecy to be fulfilled after the death, burial, resurrection and ascension?

His wrath per Israel's Law covenant with Him, towards purging their rebels is yet future from us even now.

As is His return to deliver their Believing remnant lest the wrath their nation agreed to as a collective wipe them all out.

As is His earthly, Davidic, Millennial Kingdom, as is their Royal Priesthood as a nation, as is...

God's Truth

Yes, Peter was saying that they had a chance to be saved now, but he was also saying that if Israel(leadership and great percentage) would repent 'now', then GOD would send Jesus back to fulfill the rest of the OT prophets.

Peter is clearly saying that there is more OT prophecy to be fulfilled in the future.

Why won't you believe Jesus who says it is completed and finished?

God's Truth

Yes, a change of mind towards Christ and only Faith thereafter

NO, not a change towards Christ, for CHRIST CAME FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY BELONGED TO GOD!!!

John 17:6 "I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

That proves that yours and the others use of the word repent is FALSE.

God's Truth

His wrath per Israel's Law covenant with Him, towards purging their rebels is yet future from us even now.
Are you kidding? THERE IS A NEW COVENANT.

As is His return to deliver their Believing remnant lest the wrath their nation agreed to as a collective wipe them all out.

The REMNANT believed!

Romans 12:4 But what is the divine response to him? "I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL." 5In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God's gracious choice.

Anyone and everyone to be saved must come to God through Jesus in living faith.

As is His earthly, Davidic, Millennial Kingdom, as is their Royal Priesthood as a nation, as is...

Acts 15:15"With this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, 16'AFTER THESE THINGS I will return, AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN, AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS, AND I WILL RESTORE IT, 17SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'…

ALL the saved are priests. ALL BELIEVERS ARE PRIESTS.

Do you really think that Jesus who is sitting on the throne now is going to give it up for some earthly throne?

God's Truth

When Jesus come back, it will be at the GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT.

It will be at the RESURRECTION.

The saved will meet Jesus in the air, and the wrath of God will come on the earth.

Heaven and earth will flee and people will be thrown in the lake of fire

There will be a NEW EARTH, and Jesus will live on that new earth with us, and he will hand the kingdom over to God the Father.

But you say no. You say Jesus will rule on the thrown on the earth.

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

:thumb: Yep!

All OT prophecy, not yet fulfilled.

God's Truth

:thumb: Yep!

All OT prophecy, not yet fulfilled.

Jesus said he came to fulfill. Jesus did what he came to do.

Jesus said it was finished.

Luke 24:44
He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

Luke 22:37
It is written: 'And he was numbered with the transgressors'; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment."

John 4:34
"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

John 17:4
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.

John 19:30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why won't you believe Jesus who says it is completed and finished?

The Lord Jesus uttered the word 'tetelestai' from the cross, meaning, 'paid in full'.

He completed His work on the cross and in the resurrection according to the prophets and I believe that.
I also believe that He will bring to completion all the other OT prophecies concerning His position as Messiah and all that goes with it.

Why don't you want me to believe the Scriptures?
Why are you trying to prevent me and others from believing the Scriptures?
What is the source of a spirit that would do that?

God's Truth

The Lord Jesus uttered the word 'tetelestai' from the cross, meaning, 'paid in full'.

He completed His work on the cross and in the resurrection according to the prophets and I believe that.
I also believe that He will bring to completion all the other OT prophecies concerning His position as Messiah and all that goes with it.

Why don't you want me to believe the Scriptures?
Why are you trying to prevent me and others from believing the Scriptures?
What is the source of a spirit that would do that?

Jesus already completed.

Believe Jesus.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Are you kidding? THERE IS A NEW COVENANT.

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them[Israel], when I shall[future] take away their sins.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:37 Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

The REMNANT believed!

Romans 12:4 But what is the divine response to him? "I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL." 5In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God's gracious choice.

Some of Israel believed during Paul's time, but not enough to constitute a nation. The nation rejected the offer of the Kingdom.

Anyone and everyone to be saved must come to God through Jesus in living faith.

Yep. I don't know any of us who denying that.

Acts 15:15"With this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written, 16'AFTER THESE THINGS I will return, AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN, AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS, AND I WILL RESTORE IT, 17SO THAT THE REST OF MANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD, AND ALL THE GENTILES WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME,'…

After what things?

ALL the saved are priests. ALL BELIEVERS ARE PRIESTS.

:AMR:

Do you really think that Jesus who is sitting on the throne now is going to give it up for some earthly throne?

The Lord Jesus is presently sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne. The Father's throne in the heavens was established at creation. It has always been the Father's throne and it has never been David's throne.

David's throne was over the twelve tribes and established in Jerusalem
Solomon sat on David's throne when David was on his way out.
OT prophecy promises that Messiah will sit on David's throne.
Gabriel promised Mary that her Son would be given David's throne and that He would reign over the house of Jacob/Israel forever.

Too bad, you don't believe what GOD says.