ECT TLO comes to TOL

Tehmill

Billy Graham came to have a good deal of respect for the Pentecostal preachers as he often saw the results of their work in nations like India and Africa.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
George Muller of Bristol

George Muller of Bristol

George Muller of Bristol.

I wish I could physically make you have patience to listen to this man.
He is an actor preaching as though he were George Muller visiting America. George Muller was a German who came to England with nothing in the 19th century. Without any money, without asking any human, he started an orphanage, then another, then another.

For more than 50 years he fed, clothed and cared for thousands of orphan children, never asking anybody except God in prayer. I wish everyone would read his story.

The God of miracles

Tehmill

It is an outstanding example of the gifts of the Holy Spirit working in the modern church, if you can call the 19th century modern. A great story. :)

andyc

People wait till they are perfect before they do anything...that is why they don't do anything. And if somebody does do something they sit and pick holes in their imperfections.

So true. I've seen this happening a lot. This is why some ministers don't like to be tied to a particular denomination.

andyc

George Muller of Bristol.

I wish I could physically make you have patience to listen to this man.
He is an actor preaching as though he were George Muller visiting America. George Muller was a German who came to England with nothing in the 19th century. Without any money, without asking any human, he started an orphanage, then another, then another.

For more than 50 years he fed, clothed and cared for thousands of orphan children, never asking anybody except God in prayer. I wish everyone would read his story.

The God of miracles

Yes I've read about him.
He once told the orphans to sit at the table and give thanks for their meal (there was no meal). As they were giving thanks, a man knocked on the door with plenty of food to go around.

You also want to read about John G Lake, he was another amazing guy.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yes I've read about him.
He once told the orphans to sit at the table and give thanks for their meal (there was no meal). As they were giving thanks, a man knocked on the door with plenty of food to go around.

You also want to read about John G Lake, he was another amazing guy.

Praise God, yes for more than 50 years those orphans were fed and clothed and cared for. There was not one instance of their missing a meal.

The point Muller tried to make when he wrote his "Narratives" was that supernatural provision should be the expected norm in the church not a once in a lifetime wonder.

My argument for healing is the same. It is paid for on the cross, it is a place that the church as the body of Christ has yet to get to.