ECT Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God"

vfirestormv

Just want to emphasize that most excellent point Heir made.

If we MADs are guilty of anything, we're guilty of taking the Bible exactly as it lays -- not robbing select chunks from different dispensations and forcing them to fit together a hundred different contradictory ways.

Imagine a small child with three or four jigsaw puzzles made by different companies. All four puzzles depict a lion.

What happens if the child gets the idea to combine ALL the pieces of ALL the puzzles into ONE BIG BEAUTIFUL lion picture? Confusion and frustration. The picture each individual puzzle was intended to convey cannot come through clearly, if at all. Worse, some children might think whoever created the puzzles were fools because, even though the kids quickly see the combination DOES NOT WORK, they remain convinced that, somehow, ALL the pieces MUST go together because it's all still a lion.

The fact that the puzzle isn't working for them, they blame on the puzzle or whoever made it. It never occurs to them that they're doing it wrong.

Same thing happens with adults who don't realize (or, worse, refuse to believe) that while all the Bible is FOR us, it is not all TO us, ABOUT us, nor intended for OUR application. What the erring child does with different puzzles, these adults do the same with with the Bible...except in this case, the honor and reputation of God and His Word, and the souls of men, are on the line.

And whereas children tend to be more honest and receptive to correction, prideful adults who have invested their faith in whatever can and do find ANY excuse to keep doing what they're doing even though they know it isn't working. Why? Because the alternative - simply admitting your assumptions have been wrong and you were misled - they refuse to do. So instead of becoming like an honest little child and admitting the error to God and asking for light, they press on in their error and hate those who dare try to expose it (namely, us).

I know this as a first-hand fact. I used to be one of those adults.

Agree or disagree, that's how we see it and that's why we take this matter with the utmost seriousness: reading the Bible wrong can separate otherwise sincere people from the grace of God and send them to the Lake of Fire. As ambassadors, we're doing what we can to help prevent it.

I do agree with the part you quoted of grace and faith. But not of different puzzles. If we go from Gen. and start the puzzle when we get to the preaching of Paul we complete the puzzle. It is all the same puzzle. Just in the OT they didn't recognize all the pieces.
The whole puzzle is a picture of Christ and Him crucified, from beginning to end. Even the covenant of law is pieces of that same puzzle. Christ is the fulfillment of that covenant.

Cross Reference

I do agree with the part you quoted of grace and faith. But not of different puzzles. If we go from Gen. and start the puzzle when we get to the preaching of Paul we complete the puzzle. It is all the same puzzle. Just in the OT they didn't recognize all the pieces.
The whole puzzle is a picture of Christ and Him crucified, from beginning to end. Even the covenant of law is pieces of that same puzzle. Christ is the fulfillment of that covenant.

Better stated , VV, is that the principle of the cross has always been the purpose of God by which He will have a people unto Himself. The journey began in Eden and ends in Revelation 12:5.

musterion

V,

You keep bringing up the concept of different gospels. That's fine.

This has been asked before but I'll ask it again: can you find somewhere - anywhere - before Paul's ministry where the death of Christ was preached as GOOD news for all the world without national distinctions, the way Paul did?

musterion

Cross Reference,

You have demonstrated that you are dishonest and have nothing of substance to say. I do not waste my time with dishonest people. So not only are you now on my ignore list, I am also collapsing your replies so you are completely invisible.

Just wanted you to know.

Cross Reference

Cross Reference,

You have demonstrated that you are dishonest and have nothing of substance to say. I do not waste my time with dishonest people. So not only are you now on my ignore list, I am also collapsing your replies so you are completely invisible.

Just wanted you to know.

I am sure you know, that really upsets me.

vfirestormv

V,

You keep bringing up the concept of different gospels. That's fine.

This has been asked before but I'll ask it again: can you find somewhere - anywhere - before Paul's ministry where the death of Christ was preached as GOOD news for all the world without national distinctions, the way Paul did?

Isa 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
Isa 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
Isa 49:4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
Isa 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Good news. His death... and without national distinction...

Isa 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.
Isa 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
Isa 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

Good news. His death... without distinction...

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Good news. His death...

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Gen 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

I could go on and on...

Cross Reference

Isa 49:1 Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name.
Isa 49:2 And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;
Isa 49:3 And said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.
Isa 49:4 Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
Isa 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.
Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isa 52:13 Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.
Isa 52:14 As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:
Isa 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations; the kings shall shut their mouths at him: for that which had not been told them shall they see; and that which they had not heard shall they consider.

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Good news. His death...

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Gen 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Gen 22:8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

I could go on and on...

I don't believe musterd has ears to hear that "type" of good news, VV.

musterion

Take the text as it is written. That a Light would be sent to all the world through Israel was never a secret. But this passage says nothing about the good news of Christ's death for the sins of all, which was an unrevealed secret (mystery) until Paul. IT IS TRUE THAT THAT'S WHAT GOD PLANNED ALL ALONG, but as I used to do, you're backfilling that later knowledge into these earlier passages, as if the earlier passages said it the whole time, as if they knew what we only know from Paul. They didn't know it because those Scriptures do not say it. It was still a secret.

Take the text as it is written. No good news of His death for the sins of all is mentioned here.

Good news. His death...
Take the text as it is written.

First, no good news of His death for the sins of all is mentioned here.

Second, v. 8 must be included for there God says whom the "we/us" is:

"For the transgressions of MY PEOPLE was He stricken."

That meant Israel only. God had not yet revealed what was only revealed much later through Paul: that the Cross was for Jew and Gentile alike, without distinction.

Third, not even the disciples realized what it meant when Christ told them He was going to die. You'll remember Peter tried to rebuke Him for it. Nor did the Ethiopian, apparently a proselyte, realize who the passage was referring to (Acts 8:34 ; he hadn't heard that Isaiah was depicting Messiah, which was known by then).

Fourth, at that period in Acts, the Cross was not the good news WE know from Paul that it really was. Rather, it was still the murder of Messiah that Israel had not yet repented of, like Stephen said:

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
Here we see Stephen speaking by the Holy Ghost...yet he did not preach the Cross as the good news WE know it was. Why not? Because that aspect of the Cross was still a hidden secret unrevealed until given to Paul. Where was Paul at this time? He was still Saul, standing there watching Stephen die.

Take the text as it was written. The good news of His death for the sin of all is not mentioned here.

Take the text as it was written. The good news of the Cross is not mentioned here either.

Good news. His death... without distinction... I could go on and on...
Nope, it is not found there either.

It was still a secret hid in God. If it wasn't, then Paul lied.

Consider what is said above regarding Isaiah 53. Yes, WE NOW KNOW it is a depiction of the sufferings of Christ on the Cross for the sins of the world, but no one knew the full scope before Paul was tapped to tell it.

Good questions, V. You're really thinking about this. Keep the questions coming. :)

vfirestormv

Take the text as it is written. That a Light would be sent to all the world through Israel was never a secret. But this passage says nothing about the good news of Christ's death for the sins of all, which was an unrevealed secret (mystery) until Paul. IT IS TRUE THAT THAT'S WHAT GOD PLANNED ALL ALONG, but as I used to do, you're backfilling that later knowledge into these earlier passages, as if the earlier passages said it the whole time, as if they knew what we only know from Paul. They didn't know it because those Scriptures do not say it. It was still a secret.

Take the text as it is written. No good news of His death for the sins of all is mentioned here.

That meant Israel only. God had not yet revealed what was only revealed much later through Paul: that the Cross was for Jew and Gentile alike, without distinction.

Third, not even the disciples realized what it meant when Christ told them He was going to die. You'll remember Peter tried to rebuke Him for it. Nor did the Ethiopian, apparently a proselyte, realize who the passage was referring to (Acts 8:34 ; he hadn't heard that Isaiah was depicting Messiah, which was known by then).

Fourth, at that period in Acts, the Cross was not the good news WE know from Paul that it really was. Rather, it was still the murder of Messiah that Israel had not yet repented of, like Stephen said:

Here we see Stephen speaking by the Holy Ghost...yet he did not preach the Cross as the good news WE know it was. Why not? Because that aspect of the Cross was still a hidden secret unrevealed until given to Paul. Where was Paul at this time? He was still Saul, standing there watching Stephen die.

Take the text as it was written. The good news of His death for the sin of all is not mentioned here.

Take the text as it was written. The good news of the Cross is not mentioned here either.

Consider what is said above regarding Isaiah 53. Yes, WE NOW KNOW it is a depiction of the sufferings of Christ on the Cross for the sins of the world, but no one knew the full scope before Paul was tapped to tell it.

Good questions, V. You're really thinking about this. Keep the questions coming. :)

You seem to be missing my point. The fact that those types were hiding in the OT does not change the fact that that is in fact the good news and was the good news. It was at the beginning the only hope for mankind and now still is the only hope for mankind.

Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

This is Peter preaching this. Salvation is of Christ. He was not preaching keep the law.

vfirestormv

Bad analogy but here goes:
If I have a backpack and some books in that backpack. Someone starts firing shots in my direction. I run, later to find a bullet in one of the books. I did not know that that book saved my life but it does not change the fact that it was and is the good news that it did in fact save my life.

Gurucam

Where has anyone here said all of the of the Bible is not FOR us? I don't see it.

Is the Holy Koran for you?

Seems that Prophet Mohammed came for a certain set people, at a particular time and place.

So too Jesus the son of man came for a certain set of people at a particular time and place.

Would you say that Prophet Mohamed came to save everyone. The average fanatical Muslim does say that. And some are willing to kill any one who does not agree and accept the Prophet, on that term.

Would you say that Jesus came to save everyone. The average fanatical "supposed Christian" does say that. And he is willing to deny salvation and deliverance to any one who does not agree and accept his idea.

In what way is the fanatical "Muslim" different from the fanatical "Christian"?

We need to put these fanatic in the same place and have them destroy each other. At any event, this is likely to happen or is happening, under grace of God, any way. When the fanatics destroy each other, the meek will inherit the earth.

Jesus came as the son of man for the Jews of 2000 years ago. He died as a blood sacrifice for their sins. This is how the Jews paid for their sin, back then, i.e. through blood sacrifice. Today Jews do not practice blood sacrifice for redemption of sin . . . I do not think so.

Therefore that aspect of Jesus coming to earth, in a physical body, cannot be eternally relevant. In fact no aspect of Jesus, the son of man, (i.e. the man who was physically on earth) is eternal or eternally relevant. They are all 'seen' and therefore temporal.

Only Jesus in only His Spirit body (the Son of God) and things related to Jesus (the Son of God) is 'not seen', eternal and forever relevant.

You guys flatter each other for posing foolishness.

Jesus said, in my fathers, house are many mansions I go to prepare a place for you. Isn't this confirming that Prophet Mohammed might just have a mansion in God's house that is next to that of Jesus?

Fact is Jesus confirmed that he divided His deliveries into two sets. One is for those who were given to know the mystery of God's kingdom of heaven and the other for those who were not given to know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven. Therefore, at least the KJV N.T. does confirm the former is not to used what Jesus delivered to the latter and vice-verse.

Indeed some of the KJV N.T. is not for you. Jesus left two instructions:

1.) let the dead bury their dead (this is for those who are not given to know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven)

2.) follow me in my regenerated Spirit.(this is for those who are given to know the mysteries of God's kingdom of heaven)

You will be drawn to only one (say # 1. for example). That is the one for you. Therefore chose that one. And leave those others and their section of the KJV N.T. alone.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Musterion,

The need for the sacrifice was enshrined in the law and taught by the priests to the people.

Abraham knew it well through the experience with Isaac and right from the beginning God gave the principle to all mankind when he shed the blood of animals to clothe Adam and Eve.

That most men could not face the truth of it, does not mean the truth was not preached.

The full gospel is that Christ died and that believers must die with Him.

You seem to only know the first part of the gospel.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't be silly.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

and later...

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Gentiles simply means nations, where the ungodly lived.

Paul preached to both Jews and greeks.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1) You have no true knowledge of Paul's Gospel!
2) You have no Spiritual discernment!
3) You have no love for anyone!
4) You have no comprehension of how to "rightly divide the Word!"
5) You have no common sense!
6) You are extremely ignorant!
7) You pretend to be some kind of Prophet or something!
8) You make erroneous predictions about others!
9) You are judgmental without cause!
10)You are pretentious, argumentative, angry, and an
unfriendly and unlikable Misanthrope!

There's 10 things I came up with! Others can probably
come up with more?

You are fighting against God and you are going insane with the hate and jealousy of the spirit which is in you.

Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Php 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

LA

oatmeal

'Those who believe will labor to enter the "Rest" of God.'

Why do you suppose that is if, as some boast, they "got it all" when they said the sinners prayer?

For starters, because they do not realize that the "sinner's prayer" has nothing to do with receiving salvation

musterion

You seem to be missing my point. The fact that those types were hiding in the OT does not change the fact that that is in fact the good news and was the good news. It was at the beginning the only hope for mankind and now still is the only hope for mankind.

I did not miss your point; in fact I think you're trying to move the goal post on me a little now:

You originally asked about why MADs talk about differing "good newses." I replied by asking you to show the Cross preached as good news for all mankind before that exact message was preached by Paul. The above is what you posted. I showed that it does not contain what I asked you to find. Does it contain SOME good news, regarding a coming Deliverer? That iniquities would be laid upon Him? Yes. But that is NOT the preaching of the Cross, and it's unclear just how much it was understood AS good news during the time.

The point is, the good news as WE know of it today - what people must believe to be saved today - is not found in Scripture before Paul preached it, although you said it is. The reason it is not is this: what Paul called "my gospel," that is, the Gospel of the grace of God, was part of the revelation of the mystery given solely to him (Rom 16:25; Eph 3:8-9). To say it is found in the O.T. or was preached in Acts is to deny what Paul said.

Act 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

This is Peter preaching this. Salvation is of Christ. He was not preaching keep the law.
Yes, because Christ was Messiah and they'd murdered Him, but He rose from the dead and they had miracles proving He was who they said He was.

But again, notice...very very important...what did Peter mean by salvation being in Him? And to whom, and about whom, was Peter speaking?

All during the first 1/3 or so of Acts when Peter has primary focus, he never preached Christ's death as GOOD news for ANYONE, Jew or Gentile (and definitely not for Gentiles who didn't come via a Jew). Yet that is precisely the point of the good news of Paul's "my gospel." Rather, the good news Peter preached was that if Israel repented of having rejected Messiah, times of refreshing would come, He would return to them, etc. That was their good news. That was their gospel. It was not the same good news preached by Paul.

Gurucam

Yes that much I do agree with (about grace and faith always being there.)
But where we again disagree is that there was ever a different gospel.
Paul quotes OT scripture time and time again to show the truths of the mystery of God. And many of them were also preached by Peter and the apostles. One very important example is Rom. 10:13
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This good news (gospel) was preached by Joel
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

It was also preached by Peter:
And even David rejoiced in the gospel of the resurrection of Christ, before it ever happened.

Acts 2:14-36 (KJV)
(14) But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
(15) For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
(16) But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
(17) And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
(18) And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
(19) And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
(20) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
(21) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
(22) Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
(23) Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
(24) Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
(25) For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
(26) Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
(27) Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
(28) Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
(29) Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
(30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
(31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
(32) This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
(33) Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
(34) For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
(35) Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
(36) Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

(21) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

This means that it shall come to pass, that during those days of tribulations whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved

Why do you promote that whosoever call on the name of the Lord now are saved?

One has to call the name of the lord during testing times. At those times the calling comes from one's own heart. Parroting the name of the lord in church and other gatherings is not the same thing.

Also since those days have not yet come, then no one is saved (at least not according to the terms of that verse).

Are you relying on that revelation to claim that you are currently saved?

musterion

Bad analogy but here goes:
If I have a backpack and some books in that backpack. Someone starts firing shots in my direction. I run, later to find a bullet in one of the books. I did not know that that book saved my life but it does not change the fact that it was and is the good news that it did in fact save my life.

Yeah, bad analogy. Try this one:

An unbeliever has never heard one word about Christ or the Bible in his entire life. He knows nothing other than what a preacher tells him, which is this: "Repent [meaning "stop sinning"] and be water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins."

Now that's a biblical gospel right? It's the good news Peter preached right there in Acts 2. But Peter said nothing about Christ's DYING FOR the sinner's sins, nor of His burial and resurrection from the dead for the sinner's justification. Peter preached nothing that Paul said is the content of God's salvation message for today, and the preacher in our analogy doesn't either. All the unbeliever hears is the blue part above, and he truly, sincerely believes it, is water baptized, and considers himself forgiven and saved, and waits for the promised gift of the Holy Spirit.

Question: Is that lost person saved by sincerely obeying Acts 2:38?