This is what emboldened white supremacists look like

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
town demonstrates why people think he's a jerk:
And dr reminded me why it's largely a waste of time attempting to get people to think about a position they never came to by that faculty.

Obama loathes white people.

doesn't everybody? :idunno:

New Recruits

One of the most chilling revelations about Dylann Roof, the ... murderer of nine parishioners in Charleston, South Carolina’s Emanuel AME Church, is that his descent into crazed and deadly racism began with a simple Google search. According to a manifesto he posted online sometime before his rampage, Roof had his “awakening” after seeing news reports about the death of Trayvon Martin. Roof describes hearing and seeing Martin’s name everywhere, looking him up on Wikipedia, and “being unable to understand what the big deal was.” After that he typed “black on White crime” into Google and came upon the website of a far-right group called the Council of Conservative Citizens. After that day, Roof wrote in his manifesto, he was never the same...

so trayvon martin was responsible for the murder of the nine parishioners in Charleston?

:thumb:

Arthur Brain

I wrote: I don't have any real reason to suspect that degree of prejudice, but I would ask you to consider seriously why a flag that flew over one of the darker practices in our nation's history represents the South to you. What is there in that symbol to like?

And dr reminded me why it's largely a waste of time attempting to get people to think about a position they never came to by that faculty.

That'll do.

I never asked him anything at all. :plain:

I didn't even ask you why you like the standard. I suggested that you consider why it is you feel any warm connection to the symbol for a barbaric expression of racism. I'm fairly proud of the South for any number of reasons, but find the misplaced romanticism and regard some have on that point a point of personal curiosity and more than a bit baffling. I asked, more broadly, what's to like about it?

Even more ironic considering A4T keeps asking anna questions and making barbs even though she's been on ignore for a year or so...

Curious.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Like her calling black men superpredators? Nahh, thats not hate at all, or racist, right?
The actual quote from the source, and not the disreputable reassignment of Trump or Priebus, is a bit different. Speaking in 1996 on the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act, she said:

"Just as in a previous generation we had an organized effort against the mob. We need to take these people on. They are often connected to big drug cartels, they are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called superpredators — no conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first, we have to bring them to heel."

That's right, she's talking about gangs, not African-Americans. And yes she understood gang violence was disproportionately and African American problem, which is why when Bernie and some in the BLM movement made a stink she gave a quick statement of regret that inadvertently gave it legs for Trump et al later on (another reason to not vote for either) But if Angel thinks all gang members are black and so Clinton must have been taking a racial shot she has bigger problems to address than her fondness for the Confederate flag. :plain: