This Black WAS abused by cops.. Sandra Bland

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If the police beating caused a miscarriage, then yes, she should get millions. If the story is bunk, as you say (I really just hastily plucked it up to make a point) then forget it. She will win zippo. Doesn't change my feelings on Sandra Bland incident.

Here is a better one:

Black Woman Beat by California Cop Wins $1.5 Million Settlement
The officer that attacked Marlene Pinnock will also resign.

http://www.bet.com/news/national/20...-california-cop-wins-1-5-million-lawsuit.html

Which proves what in the case of Sandra bland?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Against my own gender? LOL .... right.

Make up your mind? First you accuse me of being a chauvinist for siding with the male cop against the female driver.

Now I am a bigot ... based on what? The color of her skin? Religion?

As usual, your are the personification of confusion.

What a nutty thing for him to accuse you of. Anyone with a brain knows better than you being chauvinistic or bigoted.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
He still can't explain why the police officer is responsible for her apparent suicide.

Really, lets even pretend that the entire arrest was crap - how does that make him responsible or have anything to do with her death?

GFR7

What a nutty thing for him to accuse you of. Anyone with a brain knows better than you being chauvinistic or bigoted.
A chauvinist is one who has biased loyalty. Look up the definition.

You missed her despicable post to me. She is absolutely insensitive to serious trauma I went through in my past. She is sexist and bigoted when it suits her. She is deplorable.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

I know what it means, im a woman, i see it in action all the time and have all my life.

You missed her despicable post to me. She is absolutely insensitive to serious trauma I went through in my past. She is sexist and bigoted when it suits her. She is deplorable.

I didnt miss her post, or the feigned outrage you gave it (does this mean i am now a bigoted chauvinist too)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

We know the definition, thanks so much.

You missed her despicable post to me. She is absolutely insensitive to serious trauma I went through in my past.

Outside of the passing of your wife, I have no idea what trauma you are speaking of.

And, even if you have gone through trauma, what makes you so sure the rest of us haven't had similar OR worse experiences?

She is sexist and bigoted when it suits her. She is deplorable.

:yawn: Should I ever begin umpteen threads to target Christians, Muslims or any other religion or minority, be sure to post about it.

You, OTOH, are notorious for blaming attacks of sexual assault on women by calling them liars or implying they deserved it as well as scoping out any thread that has the hint of gay in it.

Oh, and then there is the following ACW around and your pet names for him.

Creepy.

GFR7

Oh, and then there is the following ACW around and your pet names for him.

Creepy.
Pet names? And just what are you implying? Hmmm?

and oh, riiight--women's trauma has to be the worst. Mine couldn't possibly measure up. Right. :wave:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pet names? And just what are you implying? Hmmm?

and oh, riiight--women's trauma has to be the worst. Mine couldn't possibly measure up. Right. :wave:

Again, paranoid one, I have no idea what you are speaking of. Different trauma has different affects, depending on the person. I do not go around seeking out the personal details of other people's lives.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What does that have to do with Sandra Bland? A warning citation is not abusive.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Slamming women on the concrete is abusive. FYI. Decent people all think it so.

Decent people (unlike yourself) do not need to misrepresent others OR the incident in question. Or exaggerate.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Uh huh. Riiight. :wave2:

Of course I am right. :duh:

The focus on this story should be about better monitoring of inmates rather than trying to BLAME one person for another person's mental issues.

It is a fact that she had attempted suicide a year earlier due to the loss of her baby. She was also on anti-seizure medications that can bring on suicidal thoughts and attempts.

She was in one piece when she went in the cell (due to her own refusal to comply) and ended her life under their watch. Outside of better supervision, her actions prior to her arrest were no one's fault other than her own.

GFR7

You are SO wrong, but then, that's to be expected.

Texas trooper had no right to ask Sandra Bland to put out her cigarette

There was nothing "lawful" about Trooper Encinia's order

Asking a woman sitting inside of her vehicle to put out her cigarette during a traffic stop is not a reasonable request for an officer to make and Sandra Bland knew it.

“You mind putting out your cigarette, please?,” Officer Brian Encinia asked.

“I’m in my car. Why do I have to put out my cigarette?” Bland replied.

“Well, you can step on out now,” Officer Encinia replies.

We know what happened next, based on a dashcam video released by the Texas Department of Public Safety. Bland was violently pulled out of her vehicle, thrown to the ground after she refused to obey Encinia’s “lawful order” and jailed at Waller County Jail, where she was found dead three days later under suspicious circumstances.

But let’s address this cigarette issue. Did Officer Encinia have a right to ask her to put it out? Eric Sanders, a former NYPD officer and civil rights attorney, told AlterNet flatly, “No.”

“What law was he enforcing?,” Sanders, who spent nearly 13 years years with the NYPD, asked. “Is there a law against her smoking a cigarette in her own car? The police only have power through the Constitution, so can you explain to me what was the legal basis for that command? The government can only tell you, as a citizen, to do something that has legal authority. Without legal authority, they have nothing. So tell me what did she do?”

Eric Guster, a civil rights attorney in Birmingham, Ala., says officers can ask drivers to comply with reasonable commands. For example, a cop can ask a driver to turn off the ignition to his or her vehicle because not doing so can endanger the officer’s safety. If a car has a lot of people in it, that officer can ask everyone to raise their hands so he or she can see them. The officer can also ask someone to turn on his or her car lights if the inside of the vehicle is dark.

After reviewing the video, Guster says Officer Encinia’s request was far from reasonable.

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/25/tex...er/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow