ECT There is only one Gospel

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The whole of the OT law preached that Christ would die for the sins of men, including John the Baptist, and the fact that Christ had died before their very eyes and had shown them the scriptures pertaining to Him, the first of His Church knew very well of their need to be washed from their sins as they had, but you see no need to be washed of your sins.

LA

Only understood in hindsight.

1Pe 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Indeed I am, as are all of the elect of Israel to this very day, who are the Israel of God.

There is no other Israel of God ouside of Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

You'll not find eternal life today using Acts 2:38 as your main verse of Scripture. That verse pertained to the House of Israel only.

musterion

The whole of the OT law preached that Christ would die for the sins of men, including John the Baptist, and the fact that Christ had died before their very eyes and had shown them the scriptures pertaining to Him, the first of His Church knew very well of their need to be washed from their sins as they had, but you see no need to be washed of your sins.

LA

That doesn't explain why the 12 were deeply perplexed and grieved when He said he was going to Jerusalem to die.

That doesn't explain why Peter intended to put a stop to it.

That doesn't explain why their understanding of these things wasn't even opened until Luke ch. 24.

That doesn't explain why it was preached as a murder indictment against Israel in Acts 2, instead of as the best news anyone had ever heard.

That doesn't explain why Stephen preached it as a murder indictment against Israel in Acts 7, instead of as the best news anyone had ever heard.

Back-reading later revelation into earlier revelation as if it were plainly there the whole time makes for unapproved workmen.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Only understood in hindsight.

1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Read the whole chapter---

1Pe 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

You claim Peter was only referring to the Jews and an earthly inheritance.

Madism is false.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You'll not find eternal life today using Acts 2:38 as your main verse of Scripture. That verse pertained to the House of Israel only.

The new covenant is with the House of Israel, and Christ has included myself and others in it who have received the Holy Spirit as the first of the Church did, who washed away their sins as Paul did.

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The new covenant is with the House of Israel, and Christ has included myself and others in it who have received the Holy Spirit as the first of the Church did, who washed away their sins as Paul did.

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth.
Act 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.
Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

LA

Are you a member of the "Church of Christ?"

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Read the whole chapter---

1Pe 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
1Pe 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

You claim Peter was only referring to the Jews and an earthly inheritance.

Madism is false.

LA

Yeah, just pour on the subterfuge and ignore the verses I cited.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That doesn't explain why the 12 were deeply perplexed and grieved when He said he was going to Jerusalem to die.

That did not remain so, but I understand their sadness in being told He was leaving them for a while.

That doesn't explain why Peter intended to put a stop to it.

After Peter denied Christ three times, he did not have much of the fleshy mightiness in him.

That doesn't explain why their understanding of these things wasn't even opened until Luke ch. 24.

There were others in Israel who were not blind to what must happen, and in a dark day men lose sight of what the Lord tells them.

That doesn't explain why it was preached as a murder indictment against Israel in Acts 2, instead of as the best news anyone had ever heard.
That doesn't explain why Stephen preached it as a murder indictment against Israel in Acts 7, instead of as the best news anyone had ever heard.

Steven was as the angel of the Lord speaking to His own in government (the elders)--

Eze 34:2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
Eze 34:3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
Eze 34:4 The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
Eze 34:5 And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
Eze 34:6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.
Eze 34:7 Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
Eze 34:8 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
Eze 34:9 Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
Eze 34:10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.

Back-reading later revelation into earlier revelation as if it were plainly there the whole time makes for unapproved workmen.

If it was not there the whole time then how could Christ say---

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you've washed away your sins, why do you insist salvation can be lost, since losing it could only result from sin?

Why did Paul warn--

1Co 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

and Peter--

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
LA